By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox not helped by it's "ethnicity"

Ps3 is overtaking the Xbox worldwide thanks to the legions of anti-americans all over europe and asia. Many people I talk to in EU in EU have refsed the xbox because it is american made. If I were MS I woul try to distance the console from it's homeland as much as possible to boost sales overseas but that could also backfire as the Xbox does have a successful market in the US that should not be put in jepordy.

Nintendo's the only one really showing consistency worldwide, which is ironic considering Nintendo's poor performance in Europe since the company was founded. My hats of to the big N and perhaps sony next year.

Around the Network

That's the most intelligent thing I've ever read.

And please tell me how an American is ethnically different than the other people of the world.

... i knew that japanse didnot liked it because it was american, but europeans

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

schattenwolf86 said:
And please tell me how an American is ethnically different than the other people of the world.

It's not an issue of that, it's more about starting wars in 20-25 countries on four continents in under 50 years, I think... And yes; it is a big deal outside the US.

Around the Network

The ps3 is going to take OTHERS soon.. who would have thought of it

mM
leo-j said:
The ps3 is going to take OTHERS soon.. who would have thought of it
Wii has others^^

Apparently they call America Online 'AOL' so the reference to America is not obvious.

Have anti-xbox fans gone as far now to blame america for the xbox not performing as well in others? Its already been debated that the japanese dont hate the xbox because uncle sam made it, its because they dont like the games, then why are american made products such as the ipod are popular there? Maybe its just the playstation brand is stronger there and has games that appeal to them more?

I fully admit that the politics of some of the leaders of the US has caused our country's image to become very poor in many parts of the world.

However, what I do not know is to what degree that American goods have suffered in sales because of this in Europe. (Japan has a very protectionist tradition and tends not to buy anything not from a Japanese company).

If the problems were as severe as being hypothesized, there major corprorations would have made that point loud and clear to the powers that be. It is probably more of a case that Sony has a better brand name and many people HATE Mircrosoft -- and that feeling is especially strong in Europe.

It is ironic that this intelligent conversation has come about from poster who appears to be wanting to shake things up a bit. Or at least that is what it appears from the low post total (2), recent join-date (today -- 24 Dec. 2007), sparse profile, and controversial ID name.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV