By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big will the graphics jump from PS360 to PS4/720 be?

Over the last few days there have been many rumours regarding a reveal ofn a wii 2. Acording to some rumours the wii will have the same power at either a ps3 or a 360.

So if the wii is going to catch up to the HD consol next gen then what will the jump for the current gen HD consols be?

Epic Games belive that the jump is going to be pretty damn huge (the unreal engine 4 tech demo was running off 3 GTX 580). Do you think that the jump from the PS360 to PS4/720 will be as large as the from ps2/xbox's jump to this gen was? Or will it be smaller. I personaly think that the next gen HD consol will be a significant jump from this gen the same as or even more than the jump from last gen (though acoridng to a certain user i had an arguement with im the only peron the the planet who thinks this haha).

So whacha think?

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

Don't forget diminishing returns. Personally, I don't think graphics will get a lot better, but the processing power will, just the improvements will only be more visible for specific kinds of games.

I doubt they'll be much better than the current.  Sure, it'll be a jump, but only from like DX8-DX9 or something, not a huge leap

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I hope it should just be slightly better than Wii 2 so we don't have companies going under cause of heavily-produced games and ending up as flops...

Conegamer said:

I doubt they'll be much better than the current.  Sure, it'll be a jump, but only from like DX8-DX9 or something, not a huge leap

u do realise the jump from DX(insert number to) to the next are...tiny. crysis 2 still uses DX9 and we are up to 11 ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

i dont care as long as i have it comes with the good old controller.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:

i dont care as long as i have it comes with the good old controller.

haha i hope sony keep the same controler again :/ i dont mind if they change it a little but i find it to be perfect for what it does ^^

Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:

u do realise the jump from DX(insert number to) to the next are...tiny. crysis 2 still uses DX9 and we are up to 11 ^^

I know. Now we're HD I don't think there's much further we can go at the moment, inless 3D makes a real impact, and with lukewarm 3DS sales ATM, I'm not certain the market is ready for that just yet...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The true question is how big is gonna be Wii 2 regarding PS360 and what will the difference be with its succesors.

I think it'll be more of running better then better graphics. All games will likely be 1080p 60fps and just a noticable graphical leap, nothing huge.