By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How big will the graphics jump from PS360 to PS4/720 be?

I think Sony's focus will be in creating a system that is accessible and easy to develop for. I think graphics will make a step up, but more focus will be on providing a full 3D experience that runs at 60fps. I think they will do everything they can to bring the cost down for developers as well. The balance of the war is easily won if their new console is easy and affordable to develop for.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

I think it'll be more of running better then better graphics. All games will likely be 1080p 60fps and just a noticable graphical leap, nothing huge.

Agreed. Plus, improviments on shadows and AA. Honestly, I don't even need them, hope the next-gen will take many more years to come.

I don't really think the jump will be that big..Infact was this gen that big of a jump?

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84583/next-gen-tech-demo-from-epic-games/

That's what Epic Games expect.

RafaelOrix said:
Gilgamesh said:

I think it'll be more of running better then better graphics. All games will likely be 1080p 60fps and just a noticable graphical leap, nothing huge.

Agreed. Plus, improviments on shadows and AA. Honestly, I don't even need them, hope the next-gen will take many more years to come.

The thing i'm interested in is whether the console will support 3D and blu ray, if it dosent i wouldnt see the point in Sony releasing a new console. and if its too powerful, do Nintendo run the risk of high entry prices??

my point is that i think the PS3 will compete with this new console, because the PS3 is still relevant and the price still has a long way to go before the PS4 can succeed. games are also expensive to make so i'm not sure developers who havent had much success, like Ninja Theory are willing to support higher costs of developing games.

however i dont know what Microsoft are planning to do, because their console is having some trouble in the worldwide scale of things.

Around the Network

performance will be better and some of the worst looking games will look the same level as UC2.....

yeah

and I hope sony brings DS4, maybe improve the analog sticks a bit..but yea

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Not that big, i mean how bigger can you get? Unless techonology goes for photo-realism, which would be expensive as fuck for a home console. Sure we have Direct X 11, but i dont think it will suit a console unless there is insane RAM and CPU power.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

People who think the jump won't be big haven't seen the graphics on PCs. What the PC is doing currently, is what the consoles will do next gen at least.

So expect games like Battlefield 3 to run 60 fps with full AA, 1080p on next gen consoles, or expect them to be strong enough to handle it.

Rather than games getting prettier I think they'll get smoother. I believe they'll start having more stylized graphics ala Pixar/Dreamworks movie, but much more advanced physics and AI. Characters are going to start animating more naturally instead of using all these pre-canned animations and such.

As big as going from a 7800GTX/512MB RAM/triple core processor at 3.2GHZ to a GTX580/4GB RAM/4-6 core processor at 3.2GHZ.

A massive jump... unless they pull out a Gamecube to Wii.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P