By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 isn't doing that much better. Stop these stupid topics

Nanaki XII said:
Smashchu said:

Let me say this:

This was not baiting. This was not trolling. Was it harsh. Yeah, it was, but this was due to my frustration on the fact. People obviously skimmed it and make a comment. The people who quoted me were trolls. But, did anyone actually get the point?

The point is what I've been saying 9000 times in the span of 30minutes. There are too many "Yay Sony" topics. I swear, every week there is one. It's not that they CAN'T have then as everyone thinks it is. The point is there is an obvious glut of them. You'd think I'd make a topic for one or two post. NO. It was fine when there was one or two post. But now, everyone has made a topic on it. And that's the problem. This is a sales site. It should be obvious why they are doing well. It's no mystery of modern science. Of course, people seem to forget this.

The problem is this: There are too many of these topics, they are all the same, they are for (very) small benchmarks. It's OK Sony is doing well, but to many people felt it was an attack on Sony and trolled. It';s obvious no one thought about it. No one though "OK, maybe there are too many topics". But instead, everyone thinks "Oh it's a troll" "Oh he hates Sony".

It shows the weakness of the community. People seem to put themselves into sides rather then try to look objectivly. It's like a gang war. I'm suddenly a Nintendo guy and they are all Sony guys. The site's purpose is to look at sales. Natrually, people have a console they like best; no changing that. People just need to understand that there are no sides. My point was that there were too many of these topics when there only needs to be one or two, but people just say it as an attack on Sony(a company that you are not a part of) and nothing more.

It's dead... Now it is happy stupid thread time!!! Common tell us all your jokes! Any nay sayers?!?

Yeah, I don't have any joke. Least, not at the moment.

Jesus, did this topic get derailed quick.

Around the Network

@smashchu
Dude

Seriously...
Calm down... Its Christmas =)

Its a friggin thread

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

@Smashchu :

Before writing your OP, you forgot the first rule of all fora on Internet which is : everybody has the right to write "stupid things". Nobody can say others wrote "stupid things".

NdO : i have been temporarily banned the only time in my life for that reason on another forum.

We have seen a lot of those topics you mentionned since the beginning of the year. Fact is the majority of them were "PS3 related", which is normal, given it is in third place ATM.

People in these topics basically have spent the full year saying :

- There is no problem related to sales about PS3.

- Situation is improving (i never understood why there were so much claims that "situation is improving" if there was no problem at the beginning)

- Domination starts ... next week / month / year / decade.

I tend to agree with your position or ambition for this site (we all deserve much more), but we can't help being flooded.

Smashchu said:

OK people, it's clear to me some people on this site don't know diddily squat about sales. Why? Because for some reason, everyone thinks the PS3 isw making a come back and will win the console war.

Some obviously doesn't have their head screwed on right, and by some, I mean the idiots (sony fans or not) making these topics. It was fine at first. Yes, the sales were incresing, but there are two itty bitty factors everyone seemed to forget.

1. The system just had a $100 price drop
  2. It's Christmas

PS3 SHOULD be goping up. It would be a surprise if sales weren't going up. But did anyone notice that every system is going up.  The PS3 has sold 2million is about a 6week time (end of Nov to now). However, the DS sells a million a week and I never saw a topic on that. But I did see a topic on PS3 geting a 2% increse.

People, these topics need to stop. Even is the PS3 was doing well without these factors, they'd still be annoying. We sure as hell don't need topic spaming. Wait untiln sometime in January before you pass judgement. It's not fair to say that a system is making a comeback when it's selling well (as is everyother system) during the Holiday season. These topics have gone to far and it's pretty much evferyone say "Good job sony" when they are still struggling behind by a lot. 

I think what your finite mind fails to grasp is the % of marketshare the ps3 is now taking in Europe relative to the 360...yes all three consoles are selling better due to the holiday; however, the ps3 has proportionately seen a huge increase (can't really be compared to the wii due to its supply constraints)... Let the Sony fans have their fun and celebrations, only time will tell. Secondly, the 360 has also seen a small price drop recently and has been bundled with 2 games equaling nearly a $100 value to the consumer. Thirdly, this is VGChartz, a forum known for discussing sales and trends on a weekly basis so get use to the weekly threads discussing a consoles sales performance...if you don't like those threads ignore them.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la

Around the Network

I dont have a problem with it, but it is a little excessive when they start proclaiming how this is here to stay and ps3 is making a huge comeback, it is in fact the holidays people

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

I mean PS3 has been buried in the dirt with negativity since day 1.
So any good news for PS3 owners is needed

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Lost tears of Kain said:
I dont have a problem with it, but it is a little excessive when they start proclaiming how this is here to stay and ps3 is making a huge comeback, it is in fact the holidays people

well most of them do this because ps3 got a bigger boost then expected

weezy said:
weezy said:
zackblue said:
All of you are trolling, thread needs to be closed.

This guy reminds me of the local school narc. ROFL!!!

All of you in this thread just be a man! quit being such cowards!

This is all I see whenever someone gets thier panties tied up in a bunch.

---"Oh no! i cant take this 'baiting' / 'trolling'!"

---"someone call the mods to close this thread down because i was sheltered as a child and I cant take it when anyone has a disagreement with me!"

Truth ^

Oh my ... did you just quote yourself? ROTFLMBO ... you are my daily hero, Weezy ...

OT - correct me if I'm wrong, but has the 360 had a price cut in Europe yet? And if not, MS is still making more money than Sony is by losing more and more money on each sale. And it's the holidays. Let's see if this go continues to go into '08. Then - and only then - will I be convinced this is when Sony has turned the corner.

Smashchu said:
Sorair said:
Smashchu said:
Let me say this:

This was not baiting. This was not trolling. Was it harsh. Yeah, it was, but this was due to my frustration on the fact. People obviously skimmed it and make a comment. The people who quoted me were trolls. But, did anyone actually get the point?

The point is what I've been saying 9000 times in the span of 30minutes. There are too many "Yay Sony" topics. I swear, every week there is one. It's not that they CAN'T have then as everyone thinks it is. The point is there is an obvious glut of them. You'd think I'd make a topic for one or two post. NO. It was fine when there was one or two post. But now, everyone has made a topic on it. And that's the problem. This is a sales site. It should be obvious why they are doing well. It's no mystery of modern science. Of course, people seem to forget this.

The problem is this: There are too many of these topics, they are all the same, they are for (very) small benchmarks. It's OK Sony is doing well, but to many people felt it was an attack on Sony and trolled. It';s obvious no one thought about it. No one though "OK, maybe there are too many topics". But instead, everyone thinks "Oh it's a troll" "Oh he hates Sony".

And my point is proven. Rather then look objectivly you fall dirrectly into sides. You only prove that you were part of the problem. You proved that you obviously didn't get the point (despite the fact I wrote it out). Instead, you get something from google images, and claim it a victory for your side. You only push the idea set into place. That you Sony, and that you must defend a corporating with your life.

So it only prioves my point. You didn't get the point. I'm sorry for you.

@Destroyer_of_knights: I have to give you props on that. I Lol'd. It was perfect. You thought it was a serious topic then BAM, troll.

Sweet. I haven't been in a science experiment since high school. Here's your score, son.

PHAIL