By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 isn't doing that much better. Stop these stupid topics

good god its seems the fun is just getting started

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
PDF said:
Smashchu said:

OK people, it's clear to me some people on this site don't know diddily squat about sales. Why? Because for some reason, everyone thinks the PS3 isw making a come back and will win the console war.

Some obviously doesn't have their head screwed on right, and by some, I mean the idiots (sony fans or not) making these topics. It was fine at first. Yes, the sales were incresing, but there are two itty bitty factors everyone seemed to forget.

1. The system just had a $100 price drop
  2. It's Christmas

PS3 SHOULD be goping up. It would be a surprise if sales weren't going up. But did anyone notice that every system is going up. The PS3 has sold 2million is about a 6week time (end of Nov to now). However, the DS sells a million a week and I never saw a topic on that. But I did see a topic on PS3 geting a 2% increse.

People, these topics need to stop. Even is the PS3 was doing well without these factors, they'd still be annoying. We sure as hell don't need topic spaming. Wait untiln sometime in January before you pass judgement. It's not fair to say that a system is making a comeback when it's selling well (as is everyother system) during the Holiday season. These topics have gone to far and it's pretty much evferyone say "Good job sony" when they are still struggling behind by a lot.

This post never should of gone up. You are ranting out of frustration that ps3 fanboys are optomistic? Why does this make you so mad? People have the right to be optomistic.

1. I have constantly seen post and comments saying: DS is a monster, it is eating up the sales chart. or Wii will sell more than whole PS family. Things like that are on this stie all the time.

2. So there are just as much positive Nintendo if not more than PS3. The PS3 seems to be the most hated and more of its fanboys do defending and my boast but I hardly ever seem them attack like this.

3. there are idiot fanboys of everykind so I am not blaming Nintendo fanboys for you idiotic post, I am jsut blaming you.

4. I am sure you were probably one of the doubter that never thought the Ps3 would be compettive this holiday season. I was afraid it might not be able to compete either but it is and I am one very glad for them.

5. You cant compare DS to PS3. Ones a hand held and ones a console they are in different gaming markets.

6. if you want to say the wii is doing better that fine. It is doin much better and people like to talk about that all the time.

7. I am now done ranting on about how angry your post made me. Next time you feel to post one of these frustrations about "Sony Fanboys" keep it on your side in the Nitendo forums. ty

QFT ^^

Is Sony optimism not allowed here?

Smashchu said:

Let me say this:

This was not baiting. This was not trolling. Was it harsh. Yeah, it was, but this was due to my frustration on the fact. People obviously skimmed it and make a comment. The people who quoted me were trolls. But, did anyone actually get the point?

The point is what I've been saying 9000 times in the span of 30minutes. There are too many "Yay Sony" topics. I swear, every week there is one. It's not that they CAN'T have then as everyone thinks it is. The point is there is an obvious glut of them. You'd think I'd make a topic for one or two post. NO. It was fine when there was one or two post. But now, everyone has made a topic on it. And that's the problem. This is a sales site. It should be obvious why they are doing well. It's no mystery of modern science. Of course, people seem to forget this.

The problem is this: There are too many of these topics, they are all the same, they are for (very) small benchmarks. It's OK Sony is doing well, but to many people felt it was an attack on Sony and trolled. It';s obvious no one thought about it. No one though "OK, maybe there are too many topics". But instead, everyone thinks "Oh it's a troll" "Oh he hates Sony".

It shows the weakness of the community. People seem to put themselves into sides rather then try to look objectivly. It's like a gang war. I'm suddenly a Nintendo guy and they are all Sony guys. The site's purpose is to look at sales. Natrually, people have a console they like best; no changing that. People just need to understand that there are no sides. My point was that there were too many of these topics when there only needs to be one or two, but people just say it as an attack on Sony(a company that you are not a part of) and nothing more. 

Your post was trolling, and baiting.  Don't backtrack.  The ends don't justify the means.  Just because you were frustrated, doesn't mean that you can post whatever you want.

aahaha now the troll comes in too

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ Smashchu

Also, where are all of the "Yay Sony" topics?

Around the Network

Ok, ok. We get it, no more posts about PS3 sales picking up and more threads about how marvelous the Wii and all related subjects are. Seriously, stop obssessing about the PS3 sales threads, let people discuss. If you don't want to take part in it; DON'T! See how easy that was?

Yeah, it was a little TOO easy...

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

@Mummelmann Amen Brother!!! Go PS3, Go Ps3 Sales and Go Ps3 Threads... Hooray!!! such a fan boy :P It's Xmas :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

@ Kirby

I'm a troll?

was i talking about you?