By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 isn't doing that much better. Stop these stupid topics

@tokilamockingbrd

Like the jokes while others are screaming at each other about too many threads on this and that console/handheld.

Makes a change :D

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network
famousringo said:

There are plenty of cheerleader threads for other platforms and software. There's no reason to deny PS3 owners their cheerleader threads.

Sure there is.

PS2 fans spent the better part of a generation harping on GC/Xbox owners.

Payback's a bitch. 

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Carol singers will be popping into the thread next... :D :D :D

Good to see this site is still going 

what is green and sings?

Elvis Parshly

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Smashchu said:

Let me say this:

This was not baiting. This was not trolling. Was it harsh. Yeah, it was, but this was due to my frustration on the fact. People obviously skimmed it and make a comment. The people who quoted me were trolls. But, did anyone actually get the point?

The point is what I've been saying 9000 times in the span of 30minutes. There are too many "Yay Sony" topics. I swear, every week there is one. It's not that they CAN'T have then as everyone thinks it is. The point is there is an obvious glut of them. You'd think I'd make a topic for one or two post. NO. It was fine when there was one or two post. But now, everyone has made a topic on it. And that's the problem. This is a sales site. It should be obvious why they are doing well. It's no mystery of modern science. Of course, people seem to forget this.

The problem is this: There are too many of these topics, they are all the same, they are for (very) small benchmarks. It's OK Sony is doing well, but to many people felt it was an attack on Sony and trolled. It';s obvious no one thought about it. No one though "OK, maybe there are too many topics". But instead, everyone thinks "Oh it's a troll" "Oh he hates Sony".

It shows the weakness of the community. People seem to put themselves into sides rather then try to look objectivly. It's like a gang war. I'm suddenly a Nintendo guy and they are all Sony guys. The site's purpose is to look at sales. Natrually, people have a console they like best; no changing that. People just need to understand that there are no sides. My point was that there were too many of these topics when there only needs to be one or two, but people just say it as an attack on Sony(a company that you are not a part of) and nothing more.

I thought you were going against the PS3...So basically the point of this thread was to say, you are tired of Sony fans making threads every week about how the PS3 is doing good.

Okay I understand, but I never made a thread that said the PS3 is doing good this week. So thats why I attacked you. But I see where you are coming from.....

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network
Destroyer_of_knights said:
Smashchu said:
Let me say this:

This was not baiting. This was not trolling. Was it harsh. Yeah, it was, but this was due to my frustration on the fact. People obviously skimmed it and make a comment. The people who quoted me were trolls. But, did anyone actually get the point?

The point is what I've been saying 9000 times in the span of 30minutes. There are too many "Yay Sony" topics. I swear, every week there is one. It's not that they CAN'T have then as everyone thinks it is. The point is there is an obvious glut of them. You'd think I'd make a topic for one or two post. NO. It was fine when there was one or two post. But now, everyone has made a topic on it. And that's the problem. This is a sales site. It should be obvious why they are doing well. It's no mystery of modern science. Of course, people seem to forget this.

The problem is this: There are too many of these topics, they are all the same, they are for (very) small benchmarks. It's OK Sony is doing well, but to many people felt it was an attack on Sony and trolled. It';s obvious no one thought about it. No one though "OK, maybe there are too many topics". But instead, everyone thinks "Oh it's a troll" "Oh he hates Sony".

hey I could have said the same about this thread => http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=12253

but who are we kidding right?

god how fun was that;)?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

tokilamockingbrd said:
what is green and sings?

Elvis Parshly

who the heck is parshly

tokilamockingbrd said:
a blonde was driving in the Indi 500, she made 11 pits stops. 6 to gas and change tires and 5 to ask for directions.

Okay I know you find blondes very amusing can we go back to the case or better say "on topic"?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Sorair said:
Smashchu said:
Let me say this:

And my point is proven. Rather then look objectivly you fall dirrectly into sides. You only prove that you were part of the problem. You proved that you obviously didn't get the point (despite the fact I wrote it out). Instead, you get something from google images, and claim it a victory for your side. You only push the idea set into place. That you Sony, and that you must defend a corporating with your life.

So it only prioves my point. You didn't get the point. I'm sorry for you. 

@Destroyer_of_knights: I have to give you props on that. I Lol'd. It was perfect. You thought it was a serious topic then BAM, troll. 

Smashchu said:

Let me say this:

It shows the weakness of the community. People seem to put themselves into sides rather then try to look objectivly. It's like a gang war. I'm suddenly a Nintendo guy and they are all Sony guys. The site's purpose is to look at sales. Natrually, people have a console they like best; no changing that. People just need to understand that there are no sides. My point was that there were too many of these topics when there only needs to be one or two, but people just say it as an attack on Sony(a company that you are not a part of) and nothing more. 

It's dead... Now it is happy stupid thread time!!! Common tell us all your jokes! Any nay sayers?!?

Me: Even if you think you like me... You Don't! It's just that simple. I can be the bigger man and accept Xbox 360 may have some good games but screw their Hardware to HELL!!! F*** the RROD!!! Me: I'm not a fan boy :D. I just choose to hate everything Micro$oft and I love being immature! Can't wait to talk to you! Aesop: It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. Aesop: We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. Me: STFU... I'm eating tacos....... I reverse...... yea! Predictions for 2008 Coming Soon!!!