By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD March 11' Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST for 5 wks to 4/2/11)

postofficebuddy said:

Am I the only one that finds it quite impressive that PS3 is up YOY despite last March having FFXIII/GOW3/continued price cut momentum?

No you're not the only one.

BTW X360 had the best incrase right (28%) so the PS3 sold anything between 313k and 402k. Pretty nice.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

Am I the only one that finds it quite impressive that PS3 is up YOY despite last March having FFXIII/GOW3/continued price cut momentum?

Shortages last March.

D-Joe said:
psrock said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:

Damn KZ3 looks overtracked in the U.S.A. Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Maybe you are wrong because NPD does't track the PS3 Killzone 3 bundle... VGC tracks.

357k may still to much even with bundle

Now that we're reporting on games at the title rather than SKU level, it's important to note several that sold well and would have made the top 10 on a SKU unit sales ranking basis. Those include Just Dance 2 on Wii, Killzone 3 on PS3, and Zumba Fitness on Wii."

maybe,but i dont think bundle can sold that much

Anyone needs a reminder about the price of that bundle? 299$ guys, and not 349$, so it may have done really well.

4k1x3r said:
postofficebuddy said:

BTW X360 had the best incrase right (28%) so the PS3 sold anything between 313k and 402k. Pretty nice.

No. The 360 was the top console sold, so PS3 is between 320k and 432.9k, I don't know where you got 313k from, the PS3 sold 319.9k last March.

ElGranCabeza said:
postofficebuddy said:

Shortages last March.

But still, last year it had the price cut and the the new model wave to help it, this year it had nothing like that.

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

2011 is the PS3 year confirmed.

4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
postofficebuddy said:

Shortages last March.

But still, last year it had the price cut and the the new model wave to help it, this year it had nothing like that.

Can't sell consoles if there are none in the store to be sold.

ElGranCabeza said:
4k1x3r said:
postofficebuddy said:

No. The 360 was the top console sold, so PS3 is between 320k and 433k, I don't know where you got 313k from, the PS3 sold 319.9k last March

Microsoft said there is an increase of 28% and that was the best increase. So the PS3 can not have a increase bigger than 28% with a bit of logic, and my 313k comes from VGC.com...

I didn't know the official numbers (319k), my bad, but tone it down next time :)

ElGranCabeza said:
4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
postofficebuddy said:

Shortages last March.

Can't sell consoles if there are none in the store to be sold.

*sigh* We'll see next quarter what happens, because if there was shortages in a quarter, the following quarter will have an increase in sales if the shortages are solved, so see you in 3 months to see what happens.

4k1x3r said:
ElGranCabeza said:
4k1x3r said:
postofficebuddy said:

No. The 360 was the top console sold, so PS3 is between 320k and 433k, I don't know where you got 313k from, the PS3 sold 319.9k last March

Microsoft said there is an increase of 28% and that was the best increase. So the PS3 can not have a increase bigger than 28% with a bit of logic, and my 313k comes from VGC.com...

I didn't know the official numbers (319k), my bad, but tone it down next time :)

Nevermind, you're right, I'm wrong, those March '11 numbers are from NPD, so the PS3 is between 314k and 432.9k.