By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD March 11' Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST for 5 wks to 4/2/11)

dsage01 said:
D-Joe said:
psrock said:
D-Joe said:
psrock said:
D-Joe said:
psrock said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:

Damn KZ3 looks overtracked in the U.S.A. Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Maybe you are wrong because NPD does't track the PS3 Killzone 3 bundle... VGC tracks.

357k may still to much even with bundle

Now that we're reporting on games at the title rather than SKU level, it's important to note several that sold well and would have made the top 10 on a SKU unit sales ranking basis. Those include Just Dance 2 on Wii, Killzone 3 on PS3, and Zumba Fitness on Wii."

go back to page 1 and see again VGC ranking for games

yeah, Killzone 3 is in the top 10.

Mutliplat also,is that same with NPD?

so? what is your point?  

we undertracked KZ3!!!!

the bundle at least sold 313k at March!!!!

like that

Okay let's not push it. We all know Sony messed up with Killzone 3 big time. Despite it being the best game this year so far .It barely had any advertising. Second Killzone 2 was really hyped and critics aprreciated the game a lot but not the people. Now Killzone 3 didn't get as good reviews as Killzone 2 and games like Homefront (which was total crap) got a lot of hype. Therefore I don't expect Killzone 3 to get moster sales. But sure the bundle did make a difference. But if I'm not mistaken the bundle was there for a limited time.

whatever,i need to sleep

fxxking 12 hours job(every day),i hate it

Around the Network

Fucking Pokemon ate the 3DS

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

D-Joe said:

whatever,i need to sleep

fxxking 12 hours job(every day),i hate it

12 hours? Every day? O.O

Good night... your really need.

D-Joe said:
Euphoria14 said:
D-Joe said:
Euphoria14 said:
D-Joe said:
psrock said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:
dsage01 said:

Damn KZ3 looks overtracked in the U.S.A. Someone tell me I'm wrong!

Maybe you are wrong because NPD does't track the PS3 Killzone 3 bundle... VGC tracks.

357k may still to much even with bundle

Now that we're reporting on games at the title rather than SKU level, it's important to note several that sold well and would have made the top 10 on a SKU unit sales ranking basis. Those include Just Dance 2 on Wii, Killzone 3 on PS3, and Zumba Fitness on Wii."

maybe,but i dont think bundle can sold that much

It can when the Killzone 160GB is $299 and the standalone 160GB PS3 is also $299.

Which one do you think people would buy?

if it's easy to buy

i remember this bundle already over 299 in amazon at March

I believe it was recently discontinued.

Those bundles you see for $350 and up are from 3rd party sellers, not Amazon, which explains the higher price.

at March

okok we undertracked,KZ3 sold freaking much at March,over 313k of bundle version

satisfied?

Wow dude... are you for real?

I am just pointing out a reason as to why it could have sold as much as VGC says it did.

Nobody said every console sold was a KZ3 bundle, but even if 150-200k of those sales were bundled you don't see a game that released on February 22nd not selling another 200k or so over the following 5 weeks beginning in March?

This NPD is for 5 weeks is it not?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I get 360k / 130k / 23k roughly for PS3, PSP, and PS2 based on math and the given numbers. Searching to see if I can confirm those estimates anywhere.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
TheSource said:

I get 360k / 130k / 23k roughly for PS3, PSP, and PS2 based on math and the given numbers. Searching to see if I can confirm those estimates anywhere.

Is there any actual information beyond PS3/PSP up YoY and something up over 10%?  Haven't seen anything regarding the PS2.

Make it lot easier for everyone if Sony would just give us the numbers

ZaneWane said:

Sony will give their numbers soon... in one or two weeks I guess.

pezus said:
ethomaz said:
ZaneWane said:

Sony will give their numbers soon... in one or two weeks I guess.

Lol, you call that soon?

Yeah... I wait three months all quarter.

Am I the only one that finds it quite impressive that PS3 is up YOY despite last March having FFXIII/GOW3/continued price cut momentum? As someone over on Gaf points out, it's pulling almost similar numbers or possibly doing even better than pre-slim 360 in the USA.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4