By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

Castlevania : Lord Of Shadows 21 5.87%

God Of War 3 230 64.25%

Bayonetta 76 21.23%

Dantes Inferno 6 1.68%

Ninja Gaiden 2 21 5.87%

Ninja Blade 3 0.84%

Total:357

In my opinion, Muramasa: The Demon Blade.  And I'm sad its not an option.

My second choice goes to Bayonetta.  Both games improved their genres in both gameplay and game design.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

Dante's Inferno, Castlevania and God of War 3

d21lewis said:
ethomaz said:

lurkerwithnosoul said:

Well, that's a first for me. :p

You seem very diferent than me, because i've never fell asleep playing Bayonetta. How could i? The game is action non-stop. You die with ease if you just stand there, or if you just press one button to do your atacks. Also, if you pay no atention, you can't even advance in the game. How did you beat the pursuing scenes (like the lava scene), when you need to be well awake to take some fast decisions? How do you even activate the Witch Time if you pay no attention to the game? You will take a lot of damage for that.

After played GoW and Ninja Gaiden series on hardest difficult... Bayonetta is child's play... and you don't need thee Witch Time do beat the game (my friend got Platinum without knowing how to use), the Witch Time just make it more easy (there are no Witch Time  in hardest difficult... Climax).

And I played a different game because I didn't need fast decision any time... just use the most powerful sword and chop all the enemies holding triangle... the most powerfull enemy need a maximum of 3 hits in Climax (in others difficults needs just one).

I can make a video showing how easy it was.

Most time I died is when in the middle of cultscenne there are a button to made a action... but that just one time... in the second time I know the button and what to do.

I couldn't beat the first stage of Bayonetta on the hardest setting.  I even died quite a bit on the easier settings.  I feel so ashamed, right now.  Please tell me you're kidding!!

You, me, alot of other people (as far as i know). I remember that i lose more than 3 lifes per stage when i first played the game. In my first play, in normal, i remmember even being stuck on those guys with golden claws because i couldn't activate the witch time on them. And there was four of them.

And ethomaz. Ok, you seem prety sturdy with your opinion man, i wont try to discuss this with you again.

lurkerwithnosoul said:

You, me, alot of other people (as far as i know). I remember that i lose more than 3 lifes per stage when i first played the game. In my first play, in normal, i remmember even being stuck on those guys with golden claws because i couldn't activate the witch time on them. And there was four of them.

And ethomaz. Ok, you seem prety sturdy with your opinion man, i wont try to discuss this with you again.

I'm not trying convice you... for you the game is harder... for me not.. I didn't enjoy it after all because that.

But just to compare... when I see the game is 6-8 rated in difficult it is easy for me beat it.

Bayonetta: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bayonetta/32539-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Now a really harder game... I can't beat it in hardest difficults (I try, try, try, try, try and can't):

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/24835-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

God of War 3 without a doubt, the game is a masterpiece!

Dante's Inferno is pretty good too though.

Around the Network

286 votes? do we even have that many active members? >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

ethomaz said:

lurkerwithnosoul said:

I'm not trying convice you... for you the game is harder... for me not.. I didn't enjoy it after all because that.

But just to compare... when I see the game is 6-8 rated in difficult it is easy for me beat it.

Bayonetta: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/bayonetta/32539-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Now a really harder game... I can't beat it in hardest difficults (I try, try, try, try, try and can't):

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2/24835-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Oh? Drop Ninja Gaiden 2 for a second. I already said this game is punishing to the bone, Bayonetta doesn't compare. But, the fact NG2 is hard, does not mean it is less boring. Actually, if you get to repeat the same thing over and over again, you get pretty bored.

But no, i didn't say much about NG2, in fact, i threw it to the same league as Bayonetta. A fun, fast paced game.

And what about the other two? Are they less boring than Bayonetta? Did you find fun, blast through God of War the second time? That game is filled with some pretty pre-rendered scenes, but once you see them all, that's it. And that's leave you with, a game were you controll a slow character, with some button mashing combos, sturdy enemies that take too long to defeat and some repetitive grabing sequences and QTE spammed all over the game.

Oh the joy, QTE are so great the second time you see them. Everyone knows that right, RIGHT?

NiKKoM said:

No lol...about 280 of them are just the lurkers that aren't actually members.

yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Hey, i am a member. Don't hurt my feelings please. :(

lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Hey, i am a member. Don't hurt my feelings please. :(

You have feelings, but no soul?