By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

Castlevania : Lord Of Shadows 21 5.87%

God Of War 3 230 64.25%

Bayonetta 76 21.23%

Dantes Inferno 6 1.68%

Ninja Gaiden 2 21 5.87%

Ninja Blade 3 0.84%

Total:357

lurkerwithnosoul said:

Oh? Drop Ninja Gaiden 2 for a second. I already said this game is punishing to the bone, Bayonetta doesn't compare. But, the fact NG2 is hard, does not mean it is less boring. Actually, if you get to repeat the same thing over and over again, you get pretty bored.

But no, i didn't say much about NG2, in fact, i threw it to the same league as Bayonetta. A fun, fast paced game.

And what about the other two? Are they less boring than Bayonetta? Did you find fun, blast through God of War the second time? That game is filled with some pretty pre-rendered scenes, but once you see them all, that's it. And that's leave you with, a game were you controll a slow character, with some button mashing combos, sturdy enemies that take too long to defeat and some repetitive grabing sequences and QTE spammed all over the game.

Oh the joy, QTE are so great the second time you see them. Everyone knows that right, RIGHT?

I didn't think GoW 3 boring... neither Ninja Gaiden 2... Dante Inferno is even worst than Bayonetta... and I don't played Castlevania and Ninja Blade.

In time I loved GoW 3... it keeps you entertained in a way that I not had once time asleep even playing more than 4 consecutive hours.

Around the Network
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

286 votes? do we even have that many active members? >_>

No lol...about 280 of them are just the lurkers that aren't actually members.

Hey, i am a member. Don't hurt my feelings please. :(

But you have no soul!!! How can I be hurting your feelings?

ethomaz said:

lurkerwithnosoul said:

Oh? Drop Ninja Gaiden 2 for a second. I already said this game is punishing to the bone, Bayonetta doesn't compare. But, the fact NG2 is hard, does not mean it is less boring. Actually, if you get to repeat the same thing over and over again, you get pretty bored.

But no, i didn't say much about NG2, in fact, i threw it to the same league as Bayonetta. A fun, fast paced game.

And what about the other two? Are they less boring than Bayonetta? Did you find fun, blast through God of War the second time? That game is filled with some pretty pre-rendered scenes, but once you see them all, that's it. And that's leave you with, a game were you controll a slow character, with some button mashing combos, sturdy enemies that take too long to defeat and some repetitive grabing sequences and QTE spammed all over the game.

Oh the joy, QTE are so great the second time you see them. Everyone knows that right, RIGHT?

I didn't think GoW 3 boring... neither Ninja Gaiden 2... Dante Inferno is even worst than Bayonetta... and I don't played Castlevania and Ninja Blade.

In time I loved GoW 3... it keeps you entertained in a way that I not had once time asleep even playing more than 4 consecutive hours.

Your opinion is arguably different than mine.

It seems, this conversation reached an end. *put on the sunglasses* YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Because nobody told me that before! Now that i know i don't have feelings, i'm so pissed off!

Bayonetta gets my vote.

It has way better gameplay mechanics than God of War III, a lot more of weapons and combos, a lot of different combinations of weapons, offers a lot more replay value than God of War III, a lot more extra stuff than GoWIII, a lot more of costumes, unlockable characters like Jeanne and Zero, a lot of secret stuff like weapons or bosses, a way better soundtrack, etc.

It also doesn't have as much backtracking as God of War III in which you visit a few places twice (it also happens in Bayonetta but in a much lesser extent and the places are way different the second time). Also, the game is longer than God of War III.

Ah, it also has a bigger variety of enemies and bosses... but some bosses are kind of repeats.

It also has a bigger variety of gameplay, like the shooting section on the missile or the Motorbike section.

It also has leaderboards to compare your results with other players which God of War III totaly lacks.

Oh, and I finished God of War III in chaos mode doing a NUR (No Upgrade Run) in which you don't get any phoenix feathers, minotaur horns, gorgon eyes, you don't upgrade your weapons, you don't upgrade your items and don't use any godly possession... the only section I had trouble with was the cerberus after the labyrinth... but even doing that, the game was much easier than Bayonetta.

In fact, I wouldn't even think of doing the same thing in Bayonetta because I know I won't be able to do it (since it's not extremely easy like God of War III) and I know it would be suicide.

The only thing God of War III beats Bayonetta at is Graphics.

Bayonetta: 10/10

God of War III: 8.5/10

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

God of War III easily gets my vote.

lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Because nobody told me that before! Now that i know i don't have feelings, i'm so pissed off!

Obviously you are mistaken cause being pissed off is a feeling :P

yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Maybe in your country! In my country is a life style! (Actually, outside of being a joke, it's almost true)

lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Maybe in your country! In my country is a life style! (Actually, outside of being a joke, it's almost true)

Lol that sounds rather violent.

yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
lurkerwithnosoul said:
yo_john117 said:
NiKKoM said:

Lol that sounds rather violent.

You need to be when your economy is going downhill. >_>