By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

What is the best Hack n Slash game this gen.

Castlevania : Lord Of Shadows 21 5.87%

God Of War 3 230 64.25%

Bayonetta 76 21.23%

Dantes Inferno 6 1.68%

Ninja Gaiden 2 21 5.87%

Ninja Blade 3 0.84%

Total:357

Lol at people who voted Ninja Blade and Dante's Inferno (btw Heavenly Sword instead of Ninja Blade would have benn better, but...)

GOW3, and easily!!

@Disolitude : it all comes down to personal preference, I tested Bayonetta and the gameplay is depper than GOW3, but overall GOW is simply pure gold, Bayonetta lacks something I can't tell because I didn't play the whole game. BTW this game is for perverts. :P

Around the Network
disolitude said:

We all know God of war 3 is pretty good but it was going to win this poll no matter what cause of:

1. console exclusive - they always get more votes than multiplats on VGchartz...always!

2. Brand name -3rd game in the major popular franchise

3. highest sales - highest market penetration

4.purrty graphix - people like shiny things

However Bayonetta being a new IP with no previous hype/expectations, no "best console graphics" claims is the winner here due to solid second place finish.

And LoS can burn in hell!

or they just genuinly like the game/gameplay etc. better on GOW3....shocking I know

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

4k1x3r said:

Lol at people who voted Ninja Blade and Dante's Inferno (btw Heavenly Sword instead of Ninja Blade would have benn better, but...)

GOW3, and easily!!

I'd never vote for Heavenly sword over ninja blade...DMC4 maybe. But HS gameplay was crap.

Euphoria14 said:

I really think Ninja Blade is better than reviews say. It really was a lot of fun.

I agree...its a game that Sega would have made for the dreamcast. Just pure fun gameplay and not much else. these days sites review presentation, voice acting and graphix/resolution more than gamplay. Maybe it matters to kids these days ...but I'm old school. 90% of my preference is gameplay.

Game can look like ass, and i can still have fun if gamplay is challenging and fun. Doesn't work the other way around tho.

disolitude said:
4k1x3r said:

GOW3, and easily!!

I'd never vote for Heavenly sword over ninja blade...DMC4 maybe. But HS gameplay was crap.

Read my edit, as I said it all comes down to personal preference.

DMC1>DMC3>DMC2>DMC4, DMC4 was crap, from the beginning to the end. See? This is my point of view, but as I said it's mine. And no way DMC4 > HS

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

or they just genuinly like the game/gameplay etc. better on GOW3....shocking I know

Possible, and GOW3 still may have won this poll if only that was considered. ..but not by 2X or 3x the votes compared to bayonetta.

disolitude said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Possible, and GOW3 still may have won this poll if only that was considered. ..but not by 2X or 3x the votes compared to bayonetta.

again, maybe that many people actually like it more, and like CGI pointed out even the posters in this thread seem to reflect the outcome this time around compared to other polls we see around here.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

4k1x3r said:
disolitude said:
4k1x3r said:

GOW3, and easily!!

Read my edit, as I said it all comes down to personal preference.

DMC1>DMC3>DMC2>DMC4, DMC4 was crap, from the beginning to the end. See? This is my point of view, but as I said it's mine. And no way DMC4 > HS

I've never seen anyone put DMC4 over DMC2...but sure.I am not a fan of DMC4 by any means, but the game at least had some challenge. HS is complete button mashing...

but yeah I agree, the gamer taste determines all, so I will drop any further arguments I may have...

N3

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

lurkerwithnosoul said: 

Woah, i know an opinion is an opinion, but c'mon now, Bayonetta is boring? I found it way less boring than the likes of God of War and Castlevania LoS.

Could be just me... but sametimes I just slept with Dual Shock on hands (and not died because because the enemies were too stupid). I played it this year after it just read so much good thinks about it ... and now it was the disappointment of the year for me.

Justo to you know I played amazing games this year like Heavy Rain, inFamous and BioShock... Bayonetta is not all that.

GoW3 and Ninja Gainde 2 is way way better than Bayonetta.