By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 Steam Details Finally Revealed!

specialops787 said:

The question is then, If I try to play a steam game on PS3 at the same time as PC (say my roommate is playing on the PC) will I be able to co-op with him since its technically the same account.

On the same account, no. However you can make a new PSN account and Valve will create the Steam account for it. Pretty much you get one PC copy to play on one Steam account, and one PS3 copy to play on as many PSN-Steam accounts links as you wish.

Depending on your machine preferences there are different ways to go about it, e.g. If you're more likely to do MP on PS3 and care about trophies being on your main PS3 account, you'd redeem the PC version on another Steam account; or contrary playing more on Steam and prefering the game to be on your main account there

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Euphoria14 said:
ethomaz said:
Kynes said:

I can't see this done in competitive fps games. PC users would destroy PS3 gamers, as the mouse keyboard combo is incredibly more precise than any gamepad. It's a great move by Valve, but it still has its shortcomings.

PS3 supports Mouse Keyboard just like PC... the developers that disables it.

So that not a problem... just developers needs to enable keyboad in their games.

And for Co Op play... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Mouse/Keyboard works great in UT3 for PS3, especially if you're using Speed Mod. That way it plays just as fast as it does on PC.

Now name another game that support mouse kb. I don't know any, do you? I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that there aren't any, or at least I don't know any others.

I can't name any others.

It really is sad that they did not take advantage of this ability, although I understand that it was originally added due to Linux support and not necessarily aimed at PS3 gaming.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I really hope this ends up benefitting Valve, this is a big step in the direction of inter-platform gaming!

Sony is realy investing in exclusive content, MK, LA Noire and now this.

Next L4D 

Around the Network
Kynes said:

I can't see this done in competitive fps games. PC users would destroy PS3 gamers, as the mouse keyboard combo is incredibly more precise than any gamepad. It's a great move by Valve, but it still has its shortcomings.

There are players with controllers who the kick the arse of players with kb/mouse. Controller is not always worse than mouse. I for one prefer controllers even on FPS for PC, because I'm just more used to a controller. For the majority you're right, though.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

osamanobama said:
Ricoswuave38 said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

Just listing...

Cross-platform matchmaking - CHECKED
Cross-platform text chats -  CHECKED
Cross-platform player profiles  -  CHECKED
Cross-platform friend requests - CHECKED
Cross-platform game invites - CHECKED
PSN and Steam friends combined - CHECKED
Trophies and Steam Achievements combined - CHECKED
Save Steam Cloud - CHECKED
Linked PlayStation® Network account and Steam account - CHECKED

The day is coming.

and people say psn is worse than (another online service, who's name will not be mentioned)

please please don't start this again.

thats my point, i dont want to start anything. merely pointing out the fact that psn just got something really really great. i just wanted to show that psn is great. i dont want to have any discussion about any service being better than another. all are great, and i will leave it at that

Glad to see we all agree. There was a flag on that line brought up, so as long as we leave it at this, we'll be fine. I see the issue raised as one where the comparative is brought up. I'd probably prefer to see it worded as something like "PSN just keeps getting better, with more features and unification" or of this accord.

Anyway, I'm surprised to see that Sony is allowing for this much unification across to non-Sony platforms. It's a good step toward everyone playing a game where they like being able to compete with each other.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

This is the future people! THE FUTURE!

dunno001 said:
osamanobama said:
Ricoswuave38 said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

Just listing...

Cross-platform matchmaking - CHECKED
Cross-platform text chats -  CHECKED
Cross-platform player profiles  -  CHECKED
Cross-platform friend requests - CHECKED
Cross-platform game invites - CHECKED
PSN and Steam friends combined - CHECKED
Trophies and Steam Achievements combined - CHECKED
Save Steam Cloud - CHECKED
Linked PlayStation® Network account and Steam account - CHECKED

The day is coming.

and people say psn is worse than (another online service, who's name will not be mentioned)

please please don't start this again.

thats my point, i dont want to start anything. merely pointing out the fact that psn just got something really really great. i just wanted to show that psn is great. i dont want to have any discussion about any service being better than another. all are great, and i will leave it at that

Glad to see we all agree. There was a flag on that line brought up, so as long as we leave it at this, we'll be fine. I see the issue raised as one where the comparative is brought up. I'd probably prefer to see it worded as something like "PSN just keeps getting better, with more features and unification" or of this accord.

Anyway, I'm surprised to see that Sony is allowing for this much unification across to non-Sony platforms. It's a good step toward everyone playing a game where they like being able to compete with each other.

perhaps wording could have been better, sorry about that

So does this mean that I can now cross game chat with ppl on steam through psn? For example lets say i'm playing uncharted 2 on ps3 and my friend is playing L4D on the pc with steam can I talk to him while he's playing L4d while I play UC2 on my ps3? please answer this question.