By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 Steam Details Finally Revealed!

Ricoswuave38 said:
ethomaz said:

osamanobama said:

and people say psn is worse than (another online service, who's name will not be mentioned)

I guess Micrsoft and even Nintendo will support Steam anytime in future.

Imagine you playing on your PS3 and your friend in his 360.

Valve is all about visionary.

That would be cool, you think they could pull that off eventually?

lol no, never :D

Around the Network

Nice!

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I can't see this done in competitive fps games. PC users would destroy PS3 gamers, as the mouse keyboard combo is incredibly more precise than any gamepad. It's a great move by Valve, but it still has its shortcomings.

Kynes said:

I can't see this done in competitive fps games. PC users would destroy PS3 gamers, as the mouse keyboard combo is incredibly more precise than any gamepad. It's a great move by Valve, but it still has its shortcomings.

PS3 supports Mouse Keyboard just like PC... the developers that disables it.

So that not a problem... just developers needs to enable keyboad in their games.

And for Co Op play (like Portal 2)... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Ricoswuave38 said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

Just listing...

Cross-platform matchmaking - CHECKED
Cross-platform text chats -  CHECKED
Cross-platform player profiles  -  CHECKED
Cross-platform friend requests - CHECKED
Cross-platform game invites - CHECKED
PSN and Steam friends combined - CHECKED
Trophies and Steam Achievements combined - CHECKED
Save Steam Cloud - CHECKED
Linked PlayStation® Network account and Steam account - CHECKED

The day is coming.

and people say psn is worse than (another online service, who's name will not be mentioned)

please please don't start this again.

thats my point, i dont want to start anything. merely pointing out the fact that psn just got something really really great. i just wanted to show that psn is great. i dont want to have any discussion about any service being better than another. all are great, and i will leave it at that

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Kynes said:

So that not a problem... just developers needs to enable keyboad in their games.

And for Co Op play... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Mouse/Keyboard works great in UT3 for PS3, especially if you're using Speed Mod. That way it plays just as fast as it does on PC.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
ethomaz said:
Kynes said:

And for Co Op play... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Mouse/Keyboard works great in UT3 for PS3, especially if you're using Speed Mod. That way it plays just as fast as it does on PC.

Now name another game that support mouse kb. I don't know any, do you? I'm slightly annoyed by the fact that there aren't any, or at least I don't know any others.

looks like this features really have potential on next level of online multi-player gaming experience in future, i like it and will support it... ^o^

This is some great news, I guess I don't have to worry about which version of the games I will buy.

ethomaz said:
Kynes said:

And for Co Op play (like Portal 2)... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Yea to play co op with pc/ps3 gamers is Great!  i just hope that in the future if or when we get to play competitive multiplayer games like CoD battlefield etc.  We atleast get the option to play cross plat or not.

I wouldnt want to go against a team of pc gamers and im just using a controller. lol