By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation 3 Steam Details Finally Revealed!

Awesome info!! Can't w8 to play Portal on my PS3 with my bro, who hates PS3.

I'd be interested to see a pro "PS Move" player go up against pro KB/M, in a game like COD

Being the underdog and owning hard would be very satisfying

Around the Network
tensen1212 said:

So does this mean that I can now cross game chat with ppl on steam through psn? For example lets say i'm playing uncharted 2 on ps3 and my friend is playing L4D on the pc with steam can I talk to him while he's playing L4d while I play UC2 on my ps3? please answer this question.

No, but I think you can cross chat with games that have steam support for eg. Portal 2 on PS3 with a person playing L4D on the PC, although I am not sure about this one either.

ethomaz said:
Kynes said:

I can't see this done in competitive fps games. PC users would destroy PS3 gamers, as the mouse keyboard combo is incredibly more precise than any gamepad. It's a great move by Valve, but it still has its shortcomings.

PS3 supports Mouse Keyboard just like PC... the developers that disables it.

So that not a problem... just developers needs to enable keyboad in their games.

And for Co Op play (like Portal 2)... the Mouse Keyboard / Joystick talk is nothing.

Tell that to Valve, who have confirmed no keyboard mouse for PS3 users. Much ado about nothing.

I tought Vavle didnt favour PS3? Also will this so called Steam be free like PSN?

pizzahut451 said:

I tought Vavle didnt favour PS3? Also will this so called Steam be free like PSN?

Yes, Steam is free and if Portal 2 / Steamworks do well on PS3 I suspect you'll see Valve favour the PS3 more going forward unless MS allow them more freedom on Live.

Steam is huge for Valve and they are sure to favour platforms that allow them to deploy it.  On 360 all MS allows is Valve games - everything Steam orientated being handled by Live of course.  With Sony allowing Steam (or more properly Steamworks I believe) on PSN that makes the PS3/PSN much more attractive to Valve.

Doesn't mean they'll ignore 360, they'll continue as before and sell loads on the platform, but it does mean you'll (probably, as I think Portal 2 will go down well on PS3) see them focus on PS3/PSN more from a strategic perspective.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Am I the only one who thinks it's funny that a cheap little side game tacked onto a games compilation ended up being one of the most beloved games this generation, spawning a revolutionary sequel that does all this?  

I just think it's funny that portal is doing all this cross system compatibility when games like LEft 4 Dead, Call of Duty, or any other AAA titles failed to.  

Bravo. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android