By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Give me your 360 top 10s

Retail

1. Halo 3 - You wanna play this before Reach, because afterwards you won't want to go back to it.
  2. Halo: Reach - It's amazing how being able to run makes the game feel so much better.
  3. Halo Wars - If you like Halo and RTS's get this (I myself prefer C&C over it)
  4. Dance Central - The Dance Battles can get intense once everyone understands how to play.
  5. Kinect Sports - This game spawns so much trash talk it's ridiculous.
  6. Alan Wake - Once you get immersed in the game it has some really startling moments.
  7. Crackdown 1 & 2 - The 1st one has the better story but the 2nd one has the better weapons.
  8. Viva Pinata - I can't really explain it but it's fun!
  9. Kameo - Although it's extremely old it's a good game.
  10. Ninety Nine Nights - If you liked Dynasty Warriors then you will love this game.
  11. Condemned Criminal Origins - I played the 2nd one but it really didn't compare to the 1st.

Honorable Mention

• Halo 3: ODST - You're not a Spartan and although you use the same weapons they do you inflict less damage.
  • Dead Rising - Random Wackiness and fun.
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction - It's a great game but it's a bit short.

XBLA (I'm not sure if all of these are exclusive so I'll go over 10)

1. Cloning Clyde
  2. Geometry Wars 1 & 2
  3. E4
  4. Ikaruga
  5. Limbo
  6. Perfect Dark
  7. Banjo Kazooie & Tooie
  8. Small Arms
  9. Wik: Fable of Souls
  10. Puzzle Quest 1 & 2
  11. Bomberman Live
  12. Assualt Heroes 1 & 2

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Bully: Scholarship Edition was released for the wii and xbox 360 on 3 March 2008. The game features exclusive content which is unavailable in the PlayStation 2 version, including 8 new missions, 4 new characters, 4 new school classes (Biology, Music, Math and Geography) and new unlockable items and clothing. Some small script changes have been made. The random NPCs also have more lines. In addition, single system 2-player competitive multiplayer minigames have also been added, along with achievements for the Xbox 360 version and wiimote & nunchuck motion and pointer controls for the Wii version. All ports of the Scholarship Edition use the game engine gameryo, rather than renderware which was used for the PS2 version.

Info swiped from Wiki because i wasn't sure exactly how much extra content there was for the 360 version.

Bully is a fantastic game, i thoroughly enjoyed it on both PS2 & XBOX 360, defo a must buy.

Whilst im here........ heres some of my faves on 360 (some fully exclusive, some console exclusive)

Saints Row

Condenmed: Criminal origins (truly fantastic game, far better than the sequel, genuinely scary and will make you jump)

Crackdown

Gears of War 1 & 2

Rockstar: Table Tennis

Prey

Forza Motorsport 3 (100 times better than Forza 2)

Ikaruga

Duke Nukem 3D (i know its been around the block, but its just been reduced to 400 MS points which is a STEAL)

Shadow Complex

Rez HD (available last gen, but still an amazing game)

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4 (every bit as good as Forza in my book)

The origional Dead Rising (Still my fave game this gen) plus Dead Rising 2: Case 0 & Case West

Alan Wake

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

Ninja Blade (as mentioned before....... hightly underrated hack & slasher, good fun)

Before I answer the various posts, the 360 has arrived and I'm having a larf. However, there is one thing bugging me: can I up the res? The dashboard is a bit of a low-res nightmare. It looks to be upscaled 720p. Can I get it up to proper 1080p using some setting I've missed? Thanks in advance.

Hapimeses said:

Before I answer the various posts, the 360 has arrived and I'm having a larf. However, there is one thing bugging me: can I up the res? The dashboard is a bit of a low-res nightmare. It looks to be upscaled 720p. Can I get it up to proper 1080p using some setting I've missed? Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have HD cables.  I think my newest 360 (also a 250gb Kinect bundle) came with standard cables instead of the HD cables of my older 2009 360.  After that, go to settings and then video settings (very last part of the "My Xbox" part of the dashboard).  You may need to buy an HDMI cable, though.

d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

Make sure you have HD cables.  I think my newest 360 (also a 250gb Kinect bundle) came with standard cables instead of the HD cables of my older 2009 360.  After that, go to settings and then video settings (very last part of the "My Xbox" part of the dashboard).  You may need to buy an HDMI cable, though.

Yup, I'm using HDMI. The console claims it's outputting 1080p widescreen in the settings. What's onscreen is not a 1080p image, though. It's definitely upscaled, and lacks the crispness inherent with 1080p. Anyone know if the NXE dashboard can be displayed at native 1080p, or if it is upscaled? If it's upscaled, fair enough, but if it isn't, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Around the Network

I'm late so I doubt this will help you now but fuck it, I like lists

Retail-

1- Halo 3

2- Halo Reach

3- Alan Wake

4- Gears of War 1/2

5- Halo Wars

6- Fable 2/3

7- Crackdown 1 (don't bother with 2)

8- Mass Effect 1

9- Splinter Cell: Conviction

10- Lost Odyssey

XBLA. I have a criminally low amount of XBLA games but these are good

1- Shadow Complex (getitgetitgetit)

2- Toy Soldiers

3- Dishwasher: Vampire Smile

4- Geometry Wars 1/2

5- Duke Nukem 3D

6- Worms 1/2

The rest- Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles

Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

Yup, I'm using HDMI. The console claims it's outputting 1080p widescreen in the settings. What's onscreen is not a 1080p image, though. It's definitely upscaled, and lacks the crispness inherent with 1080p. Anyone know if the NXE dashboard can be displayed at native 1080p, or if it is upscaled? If it's upscaled, fair enough, but if it isn't, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Don't know what else to say to you. I have a 120 hz 42 inch LED HDTV and it looks fine to me.  There are some other video settings that I toyed around with, though---in that same section.  I'm not exactly sure what I ended up on, though.  Also, either the PS3 default setting is darker or the 360's default setting is lighter.  Either way, I had to adjust the TV settings and sharpness, too (luckily, my TV saves each input's settings individually).

What I'll do is take the exact same pic that's the background on my PS3 and make it the background on my 360 and I'll see if there's a difference in clarity.  It won't help you at all but it'll satisfy my curiosity.

In reference to my earlier post regsarding 1080p support for the dashboard, my Googlefu has found the answer: there is none. The maximum the dash renders is 720p, which the 360 will upscale if required. Crazy.

Hapimeses said:

In reference to my earlier post regsarding 1080p support for the dashboard, my Googlefu has found the answer: there is none. The maximum the dash renders is 720p, which the 360 will upscale if required. Crazy.

Well that sucks!

d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:
d21lewis said:
Hapimeses said:

Don't know what else to say to you. I have a 120 hz 42 inch LED HDTV and it looks fine to me.  There are some other video settings that I toyed around with, though---in that same section.  I'm not exactly sure what I ended up on, though.  Also, either the PS3 default setting is darker or the 360's default setting is lighter.  Either way, I had to adjust the TV settings and sharpness, too (luckily, my TV saves each input's settings individually).

What I'll do is take the exact same pic that's the background on my PS3 and make it the background on my 360 and I'll see if there's a difference in clarity.  It won't help you at all but it'll satisfy my curiosity.

Worth a go. However, as I said, I found the answer online, Apparently the NXE dashboard is rendered at 720p and upscaled if required. I can't say I'm hugely impressed with that, but it's a relatively minor issue. A can see why all the menu's are so big, though (the upscaling is considerably less obvious at the size used). Either that, or the internet is lying and I'm doing something wrong (not all that unlikely!).

Thanks for answering, though. I'm off to mess about with this baby! :D