By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's Wii Support

oniyide said:

^^^you talking Activision or Capcom because the former didnt blame anyone and i dont think Capcom blamed anyone either. They just straight up lied to you guys, is all

How have they been lying?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

Many of you may feel betrayed by Capcom, but since I've never had a relationship with any publisher beyond that of a customer I can't say I feel the same. Looking at my collection, Capcom's been good to my Wii. This extends to recent months, since I rather like their Arcade games. Your mileage may vary, of course, but that won't really sway my opinion one way or the other.

gumby_trucker said:
oniyide said:

^^^you talking Activision or Capcom because the former didnt blame anyone and i dont think Capcom blamed anyone either. They just straight up lied to you guys, is all

How have they been lying?

Well in the thread, one of the mods blames the audience, and I can at least say the mod is being a blaming jerk.

As for lying, they claimed they would consider SF IV for the Wii if there was enough fan support, and it turned out they weren't actually considering it for the Wii at all.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Capcom brought MHtri to the wii so I cannot really blame them that much, but then we have to remember why is it that the wii got the game... Budget, Mh HD was too expensive so they decided to cut develpement cost and take it to the wii... So it is not like they were really fair with wii owners, I mean not that I am surprised, most if not all 3rd parties are sealing their own faith on nintendo systems, if the wii is "hard" (As they say) to sell games, how hard is going to be on the wii2?... To be honest I have several 3rd party games, but I wouldnt mind only buying nintendo games, nintendo is full of money now, they should buy a few devs and release games more often, that would be funny... nintendo games selling like crazy every month, and devs complaining nintendo doesnt give them space to release anything... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

melbye said:

My issue is that Lost Planet 2, Dark Void and Bionic Commando failed and they still make alot of HD-games, but they abandon Wii because Spyborgs and Darkside Chronicles sells badly when people pretty much told them they weren't interested in them from the moment they were announced. They also lied and told us RE4 and Umbrella Chronicles were tests that would lead to more Resident Evil. It was also a punch in the face when they claimed Wii didn't have enough power or buttons to make Street Fighter 4, but iPhone apparently did

pretty much this

Around the Network

Capcom and Wii is really a love/hate situation, on one hand you have some nice polish title, and other hand there are title they put on almost all platforms but the wii.

I think it's a pity they didn't also release more multiplatform  fighting game on the wii. Just hope we get more lucky on the "Butterfly"

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

iasta said:

Capcom and Wii is really a love/hate situation, on one hand you have some nice polish title, and other hand there are title they put on almost all platforms but the wii.

I think it's a pity they didn't also release more multiplatform  fighting game on the wii. Just hope we get more lucky on the "Butterfly"

You kidding? They'll either just give it hand-me-down games that we won't want anymore (and lie that so-so sales are hits) or just find another excuse to neglect it if the tech isn't good enough for them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
iasta said:

You kidding? They'll either just give it hand-me-down games that we won't want anymore (and lie that so-so sales are hits) or just find another excuse to neglect it if the tech isn't good enough for them.

Unfortunatly for you i am not kiffing. I first wanted to say my ire to them to ask where are SF IV and MvsC 3 Wii, also a wii RE in the vein of RE4? That's the hate feeling i am speaking about.

On other hand, they still give better and more polish game that many other company as Zack and Wiki, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom or Monster Hunter Tri. At least we had little love from them, not a big raised middle finger.

For the next console, we can only hope but yes, it is not guarantee they give it some support. But if things turn well for them on 3DS, i wish it will be ok.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

iasta said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
iasta said:

Unfortunatly for you i am not kiffing. I first wanted to say my ire to them to ask where are SF IV and MvsC 3 Wii, also a wii RE in the vein of RE4? That's the hate feeling i am speaking about.

On other hand, they still give better and more polish game that many other company as Zack and Wiki, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom or Monster Hunter Tri. At least we had little love from them, not a big raised middle finger.

For the next console, we can only hope but yes, it is not guarantee they give it some support. But if things turn well for them on 3DS, i wish it will be ok.

Um, I'm not going to consider a differering opinion like that "unfortunate".

But we did get the middle finger when they decided the sales weren't enough, and the thread in the OP shows that.

LordTheNightKnight said:

As for rebuilding for the Wii, so what? That's hypocracy, considering all the work that goes into an original game for the other systems. Activision showed it can be done, and still make money even with less sales. So more money is, and it might be a huge leap of logic, more money.

So what? Its not worth the risk to them. You don't want to invest in a HD console and they don't want to invest in making inferior ports for Wii.

Activision showed if you take a massively popular franchise like CoD and butcher it for the Wii people will still buy it. They won't buy it in the same massive numbers as HD platforms, but apparently breaking a million is amazing for a core Wii title.

Just because CoD can make money on Wii doesn't mean every HD game can.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)