By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom's Wii Support

Capcom a year ago made clear that they had move on from Wii when they released their financial results.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3397909

FY2009 Sales Units by Platform

| Platform | New Titles | Unit Sales |
---------------------------------------------
| PS2 | 10 | 600,000 |
| PS3 | 11 | 2,700,000 |
| PSP | 20 | 2,400,000 |
| Wii | 8 | 3,200,000 |
| NDS | 12 | 1,000,000 |
| 360 | 8 | 1,700,000 |
| PC/Other | 3 | 900,000 |

| Total | 72 | 12,500,000 |

Their outstanding sales on Wii were translated into abandoning the platform, it seems very logical ...

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
iasta said:

Unfortunatly for you i am not kiffing. I first wanted to say my ire to them to ask where are SF IV and MvsC 3 Wii, also a wii RE in the vein of RE4? That's the hate feeling i am speaking about.

On other hand, they still give better and more polish game that many other company as Zack and Wiki, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom or Monster Hunter Tri. At least we had little love from them, not a big raised middle finger.

For the next console, we can only hope but yes, it is not guarantee they give it some support. But if things turn well for them on 3DS, i wish it will be ok.

Um, I'm not going to consider a differering opinion like that "unfortunate".

But we did get the middle finger when they decided the sales weren't enough, and the thread in the OP shows that.

Yes, even if actually our opinion are not as different. I won't be too hard against Capcom even if they could have done more on the Wii.

By now, i am in peace for that with the 3rd party company. It's stupid for them and could hurt them even more if the next Nintendo console is bigger than the wii and other competitor have less success than now, because they will sell less game because Nintendo gamers won't care or won't know about them.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Bruno Muñoz said:

Capcom a year ago made clear that they had move on from Wii when they released their financial results.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3397909

FY2009 Sales Units by Platform

| Platform | New Titles | Unit Sales |
| PS2 | 10 | 600,000 |
| PS3 | 11 | 2,700,000 |
| PSP | 20 | 2,400,000 |
| Wii | 8 | 3,200,000 |
| NDS | 12 | 1,000,000 |
| 360 | 8 | 1,700,000 |
| PC/Other | 3 | 900,000 |

| Total | 72 | 12,500,000 |

Their outstanding sales on Wii were translated into abandoning the platform, it seems very logical ...

DA-AAMN! Those numbers are sick!
also: the data in the link only goes up as far as march 2010. 

There is a (low) projection for 1.6 mil games between then and march 2011 (mostly from MHtri and Sengoku Basara) but no projection for the years ending march 2012 or 2013, ie. this year and next. So technically it is possible there are more releases in the works from Capcom, but that is only a technicality atm...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

As for rebuilding for the Wii, so what? That's hypocracy, considering all the work that goes into an original game for the other systems. Activision showed it can be done, and still make money even with less sales. So more money is, and it might be a huge leap of logic, more money.

So what? Its not worth the risk to them. You don't want to invest in a HD console and they don't want to invest in making inferior ports for Wii.

Activision showed if you take a massively popular franchise like CoD and butcher it for the Wii people will still buy it. They won't buy it in the same massive numbers as HD platforms, but apparently breaking a million is amazing for a core Wii title.

Just because CoD can make money on Wii doesn't mean every HD game can.

My brother has a 360, and I even own some games for it. So assuming that it's not getting the games for me is false.

And it's not a risk when they haven't actually lost money, and the flops are actually more numerous on the HD systems. The risk being greater on the Wii is flat out false.

And people haven't been given the chance to buy the games in as great numbers, because they haven't been given the games for so long. That's not the Wii audience, that's third parties making this so, which means they can undo it by actually giving the games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

any chance of getting a port of revelations on Wii?

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
gumby_trucker said:

any chance of getting a port of revelations on Wii?

Something tells me it was going to be until Capcom saw the greener tech pastures of the 3DS.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

My brother has a 360, and I even own some games for it. So assuming that it's not getting the games for me is false.

And it's not a risk when they haven't actually lost money, and the flops are actually more numerous on the HD systems. The risk being greater on the Wii is flat out false.

And people haven't been given the chance to buy the games in as great numbers, because they haven't been given the games for so long. That's not the Wii audience, that's third parties making this so, which means they can undo it by actually giving the games.

Good! You got some 360 games now get the console. Maybe you'll be less bitter about not having more watered down ports on the Wii.

They have had numerous flops on Wii as well. RE:DSC, Dead Rising (I wonder why they didn't port DR2?!), those other obscure games I can't think of. Sengoku Basara was greeted with abysmal sales as well.

Well they aren't going to bring the games. Unfortunately, complaining on a forum isn't gonna change that. But I'm sure you'll agree Nintendo is more to blame than 3rd parties. I mean Nintendo put out the technicially inferior machine and 3rd parties can't easily port their HD games to it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Khan said:
zgamer5 said:

come on the wii got tsatsunoko vs capcom and mh trii. thats more then enough.

That's 2 games. Two.

Granted, i spent 200 hours on Monster Hunter Tri, and that's on the low-end of many of the more avid Hunters hereabouts, but that's still only two games.

and considering 3rd party games dont sell very well its on the wii its a good amount. yes many capcom games have failed on the hd consoles, but its because they were shit.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Mr Puggsly said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Good! You got some 360 games now get the console. Maybe you'll be less bitter about not having more watered down ports on the Wii.

They have had numerous flops on Wii as well. RE:DSC, Dead Rising (I wonder why they didn't port DR2?!), those other obscure games I can't think of. Sengoku Basara was greeted with abysmal sales as well.

Well they aren't going to bring the games. Unfortunately, complaining on a forum isn't gonna change that. But I'm sure you'll agree Nintendo is more to blame than 3rd parties. I mean Nintendo put out the technicially inferior machine and 3rd parties can't easily port their HD games to it.

Most of the quality Capcom games on Wii sold well though: Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Okami... DSC didn't quite meet expectations but it's not a giant flop like Lost Planet 2 and Bionic Commando, which probably lost Capcom more money than all Wii flops combined.

While it's true Capcom lied to their fans, I can't really complain with having spent over 250 hours playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Chrizum said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Most of the quality Capcom games on Wii sold well though: Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Okami... DSC didn't quite meet expectations but it's not a giant flop like Lost Planet 2 and Bionic Commando, which probably lost Capcom more money than all Wii flops combined.

While it's true Capcom lied to their fans, I can't really complain with having spent over 250 hours playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Right, the good games sold pretty well on Wii.

Wii fans often mention Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 2, and Dark Void flopped yet they completely ignore those were not good games. Easily forgettable titles amongst the great games found on HD consoles.

In the end I think Wii fans should just be happen Capcom gave them some of the best core titles on Wii.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)