By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Good! You got some 360 games now get the console. Maybe you'll be less bitter about not having more watered down ports on the Wii.

They have had numerous flops on Wii as well. RE:DSC, Dead Rising (I wonder why they didn't port DR2?!), those other obscure games I can't think of. Sengoku Basara was greeted with abysmal sales as well.

Well they aren't going to bring the games. Unfortunately, complaining on a forum isn't gonna change that. But I'm sure you'll agree Nintendo is more to blame than 3rd parties. I mean Nintendo put out the technicially inferior machine and 3rd parties can't easily port their HD games to it.

Most of the quality Capcom games on Wii sold well though: Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Monster Hunter Tri, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Okami... DSC didn't quite meet expectations but it's not a giant flop like Lost Planet 2 and Bionic Commando, which probably lost Capcom more money than all Wii flops combined.

While it's true Capcom lied to their fans, I can't really complain with having spent over 250 hours playing Monster Hunter Tri.

Right, the good games sold pretty well on Wii.

Wii fans often mention Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 2, and Dark Void flopped yet they completely ignore those were not good games. Easily forgettable titles amongst the great games found on HD consoles.

In the end I think Wii fans should just be happen Capcom gave them some of the best core titles on Wii.

Isn't that exactly the same as what you and many others say about Wii flops? Dead Rising for Wii was atrocious, yet you can't seem to stop talking about how big a flop that game was...

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Mr Khan said:
zgamer5 said:

come on the wii got tsatsunoko vs capcom and mh trii. thats more then enough.

That's 2 games. Two.

Granted, i spent 200 hours on Monster Hunter Tri, and that's on the low-end of many of the more avid Hunters hereabouts, but that's still only two games.

and considering 3rd party games dont sell very well its on the wii its a good amount. yes many capcom games have failed on the hd consoles, but its because they were shit.

"You're inferior customers, be grateful for your table-scraps."

I'd drop that mentality real quick if i were you.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Khan said:
zgamer5 said:

come on the wii got tsatsunoko vs capcom and mh trii. thats more then enough.

That's 2 games. Two.

Granted, i spent 200 hours on Monster Hunter Tri, and that's on the low-end of many of the more avid Hunters hereabouts, but that's still only two games.

and considering 3rd party games dont sell very well its on the wii its a good amount. yes many capcom games have failed on the hd consoles, but its because they were shit.

"You're inferior customers, be grateful for your table-scraps."

I'd drop that mentality real quick if i were you.

what mentality? you guys got in 2010 mh3 and tsatsunoko vs capcom. we got lost shit 2 dark void and dead rising 2.

yes we got marvel vs capcom 3 this year, but we were also analy raped by capcom.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

CAptivate-info has been released, 3 games announced for HD-consoles, none for Wii

melbye said:

CAptivate-info has been released, 3 games announced for HD-consoles, none for Wii

And no Monster Hunter 3DS?

:/

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
melbye said:

And no Monster Hunter 3DS?

:/

But there is Tingle in glorious HD

(seriously, check out the trailer on the recent thread for dragon dogma)

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Why don't people get a wii for nintendo games and a ps3 or xbox 360 for third party games (e.g., Capcom's SFIV...)?

Also, LP2 et al. were also released on pc which was another source of income. Though a crap game is a crap game and I certainly hope Capcom didn't get much of a profit (if any) out of those games.

Another thing...it may be that developers prefer to make games for the HD consoles over the Wii. It will be interesting whether developers will make games move/kinect compatible or simply stick wth what is tried and true.

Either way, the issue of 3rd party games has plagued the wii ever since its release. I sure hope Nintendo will workout a way to fix it for next gen. 

im still waiting to see the links where capcom promised anything, considering is not promising. Maybe they did consider it and maybe to them its not worth whatever cost it was to make whatever game people are crying about not being on Wii. Maybe said game didnt sell enough to warrant a sequel. Just because you think the sales were enough doesnt mean it was. Who the hell are you to decide what is enough and what is not?? Y'all are not the ones that have to worry about keeping the lights on. As long as Capcom keeps the fighters coming, there a-OK in my book

cura said:

Why don't people get a wii for nintendo games and a ps3 or xbox 360 for third party games (e.g., Capcom's SFIV...)?

Because most of us get the same third party games on a PC.

Chrizum said:

Isn't that exactly the same as what you and many others say about Wii flops? Dead Rising for Wii was atrocious, yet you can't seem to stop talking about how big a flop that game was...

And also some say it was supposed to both flop and cost very little. How does that work?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs