By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony working on "HEAVENLY SWORD 2" e3 reveal possible

GuiltySpartan77 said:

I never played Heavenly Sword but maybe another exclusive to the playstation library is exactly what sony needs.

Err care to explain?

OT: That would be nice, there are a lot of good things and ideas in HS, I'm just afraid that without Ninja Theory the"soul" of the game will be different. If the story was already written by NT then ok, but if it's written by other people then the game may end up being good, but not for people who played and liked the first one. I hope I'm wrong though.

Around the Network
ZaneWane said:

Rumor was started by hiphopgamer so dont get your hopes up

yeah, but get your hipes up!

actually i could see this as santa monicas next project. gameplay is close enough to god of war.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

If Santa Monica was making another non-GOW GOW-like game it might as well be an entirely new IP. 

4k1x3r said:
GuiltySpartan77 said:

I never played Heavenly Sword but maybe another exclusive to the playstation library is exactly what sony needs.

Err care to explain?

OT: That would be nice, there are a lot of good things and ideas in HS, I'm just afraid that without Ninja Theory the"soul" of the game will be different. If the story was already written by NT then ok, but if it's written by other people then the game may end up being good, but not for people who played and liked the first one. I hope I'm wrong though.

I want to agree with you, but when I look at how Enslaved turned out...no thanks no more ninja theory for me... maybe the story of heavenly sword was good, but there is too much that has to be done and at this moment I dont think ninja theory could handle it!

they have to prove me wrong with their next game!

It's a hip, a hop, a hippy, a hip hop gamer rumour, you don't spot comin down with bang down shiggy, don't stop, gotta drop, a hip hop gamer rumour with no meat and beat.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Yes please. The game was awesome but so goddamn short. I would definetly buy it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I've heard great things about HS. i never got round to playing it because i couldnt be bothered with all the new releases and lack of trophy support.

but i have heard that Ninja Theory originally penned 3 scripts and it was intended to be a triliogy. but apparently the lack of sales success meant they didnt go ahead with the second game.

personally i'm not sure Santa Monica should be in charge of the series, i would rather see Ninja Theory be in charge of it, for consistancy. and i'm not sure i like Santa Monica without David Jaffe.

after hear what the story for the second game was going to be i got really excited to play it im going to try find that article

YES!!! do it santa monica, i believe their talent will make a big raise to next level quality for this franchise, i never buy heavenly sword but i believe i will buy this sequel if this is true... ^^

welcome Goddess of War... xD

plz make sequel, the only issue with HS1 was that it was short and short on replayability apart from that it was a killer game. amazing visuals and audio still do this day and cut scenes were a joy to watch, also had terrific use of sixaxis.

plz make sequel

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...