By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Xen said:
Acevil said:
Xen said:

PS3 forms strong weekly gap, I love the way things are heading.

You love the fact that market looks like it is declining if we ignore 3DS? Really?

Glass half full dammit!

In this case it is getting empty! Given it is the weakest quarter....so we need to see full results of Q2-3 to judge. 

Around the Network

I think this is the 1st week 360 is down YoY since the redesign, could be wrong though.

AussieGecko said:

I really dont think the "kinect effect" has really started in non traditional bases. They need the Kinect to be fully forming in all countries then if the sales stay the same then the effect has worn off. I doubt they wont grow though

I would agree with you, but since MS have such a small foothold in these regions it won't make a massive difference (few k either way), and I doubt Kinect will change that

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

does NFS shift seem a bit low in others,thought it would hit 100k at least

Above & Beyond

Troll_Whisperer said:
Zlejedi said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Zlejedi said:
gustave154 said:

wow the PSP so close to defeating Xbox 360... PSP sales in americas makes me -_____________-

PSP just got price drop in EU so sales should increase soon :)

edit: and then there is Golden Week which will songly benefit handhelds and PS3.

Does Golden Week affect sales at all? People don't buy presents for Golden Week. Unless Japanese people are so bored with their one week holidays that they have to buy a console, lol.

OT: I think we're goin to see this same scenario for the longest of times until something major happens, namely a price cut. We should get used to seeing this table.

I don't know what they do but sales always increase at that time of year in Japan.

Ok. I guess many take the free time to go shopping. Thanks.

You also have some sales in the stores... Just think of typical X-mas sales here..

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Nintendogamer said:

Japan saves Wii from 360.  Next week is when I predicted Wii falls below 100K, ( 93,000) but I don't think it will drop so much.

You predicted 101k this week though, and below 10k WW for the Wii in the end...

I don't think it'll drop below 100k this year

This is what will happen if Nintendo does nothing but they will do something, price cut and sotware for sure.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

AussieGecko said:

I really dont think the "kinect effect" has really started in non traditional bases. They need the Kinect to be fully forming in all countries then if the sales stay the same then the effect has worn off. I doubt they wont grow though

the kinect effect is a bit like wii sales. good sales year round. and explodes in the holiday season.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

the kinect effect is a bit like wii sales. good sales year round. and explodes in the holiday season.

We've only had one holiday, and that was it's launch...I wouldn't be so certain if I were you...

@Nintendogamer- Exactly. I think you're still too pessimistic about it though

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

We've only had one holiday, and that was it's launch...I wouldn't be so certain if I were you...

@Nintendogamer- Exactly. I think you're still too pessimistic about it though

ahh come on, it appeals to casuals a they mostly buy games and consoles during the holiday season.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Oh PS3, I hate you. Don't do it with the haters.

So the quarter ends with 2,828,938 sold to consumers. Does anyone still doubt that Sony will reach 15 million planned? Just 2.8 million shipped for that.

Next prediction 17 million?