By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

psp 67Million! :D congrats you awesome portable you

ps3 > wii/360...Again! Sony is in a very very good position now :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

I really dont think the "kinect effect" has really started in non traditional bases. They need the Kinect to be fully forming in all countries then if the sales stay the same then the effect has worn off. I doubt they wont grow though

the kinect effect is a bit like wii sales. good sales year round. and explodes in the holiday season.

We've only had one holiday, and that was it's launch...I wouldn't be so certain if I were you...

@Nintendogamer- Exactly. I think you're still too pessimistic about it though

ahh come on, it appeals to casuals a they mostly buy games and consoles during the holiday season.

Kinect has already fallen below Wii Fit Plus which has been out for 3 years and has a smaller game library than Kinect has had in 5 months.  I'm not sure how well Kinect can hold on-- a new Nintendo console will be likely to kill off the legs of Kinect. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

I really dont think the "kinect effect" has really started in non traditional bases. They need the Kinect to be fully forming in all countries then if the sales stay the same then the effect has worn off. I doubt they wont grow though

the kinect effect is a bit like wii sales. good sales year round. and explodes in the holiday season.

We've only had one holiday, and that was it's launch...I wouldn't be so certain if I were you...

ahh come on, it appeals to casuals a they mostly buy games and consoles during the holiday season.

Most likely, yes, if MS advertise it correctly. They could easily mess it up though...

What I mean is that we have no solid evidence yet to prove either way. Of course the Christmas time will be the biggest, especially with a launch so heavily advertised as Kinect's...

we all know theyr going to do huge advertising like before.

also if they release a bieber dance game they could have a million plus week.

Nah man, this is where it is now

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CD2LRROpph0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broken link is broken.

It's Friday? Rebecca Black?

Damn, it would have been so funny...

And I dunno why there's no 3DS on the front page

I've upped my Preds again, Surley Vgchartz can't be way off , as in 400K off,  I think they will beat their projection now.  3DS 3M rather than 4M though.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

Most likely, yes, if MS advertise it correctly. They could easily mess it up though...

What I mean is that we have no solid evidence yet to prove either way. Of course the Christmas time will be the biggest, especially with a launch so heavily advertised as Kinect's...

we all know theyr going to do huge advertising like before.

also if they release a bieber dance game they could have a million plus week.

Nah man, this is where it is now

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CD2LRROpph0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broken link is broken.

It's Friday? Rebecca Black?

Damn, it would have been so funny...

And I dunno why there's no 3DS on the front page

shes terrible

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Gojimaster said:
zgamer5 said:
Conegamer said:
zgamer5 said:
AussieGecko said:

Kinect has already fallen below Wii Fit Plus which has been out for 3 years and has a smaller game library than Kinect has had in 5 months.  I'm not sure how well Kinect can hold on-- a new Nintendo console will be likely to kill off the legs of Kinect. 

kinect is doing better then anyone expected. it not having legs is ok.

now change your sig!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

Pretty terrible numbers excluding 3DS. Just look at how much every system is down yoy. We need price drops across the board.

Zlejedi said:

WSR WS is total to those 4M ;)

Still with 35M of userbase adventage that's pathetic

More pathetic when you have a lot of exclusives and multis, and you aren't in first.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wii doing nicely despite virtually no games this year.. Beating the 360 which is fresh off the Kinect, and had a redesign and a Halo game last year. Only being slightly beaten by PS3, but that gap should be all but erased when the holiday season approaches.

3DS is doing great, and it doesn't even have a 2D Mario yet. PSP refuses to die in Japan, despite being on life support in Europe and a zombie in the US.

Metallicube said:

Wii doing nicely despite virtually no games this year.. Beating the 360 which is fresh off the Kinect, and had a redesign and a Halo game last year. Only being slightly beaten by PS3, but that gap should be all but erased when the holiday season approaches.

3DS is doing great, and it doesn't even have a 2D Mario yet. PSP refuses to die in Japan, despite being on life support in Europe and a zombie in the US.

What makes you think that the 360 can just erase that gap?  Kinect?  I doubt it.  Kinect was seen as one of the IT things to buy for Holiday Season '10, and that was mainly in the US.  This season it won't get nearly the push it got last year, both in terms of ads and being new tech.  And this season it will have to compete with the 3DS, and quite possibly the NGP, as the new IT thing to buy. 

If it's a pricecut, I highly doubt that, too.  Since the PS3 is beating the 360 even with a $199 360 SKU, Kinect, and a new design, Sony will feel no need to rush to drop the price of the PS3.  However, the second the 360 drops its price by $50, Sony will answer with their own $50 cut.  A cut which will help the PS3 greater than it will help the 360, as it will be the first time ever the PS3 has been available for the price of $249. 

I feel pretty confident in saying that fiscal year '11(ends March '12) will be when the PS3 takes 2nd.  Heck, it may happen earlier than that.  Possibly before the end of this year.

Wow, who would'ave thought the Kinect effect would wear off so quickly. Hmmm so it was a fad all along huh?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909