By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo ever go back to using a regular controller?

Will Nintendo ever go back to using a regular controller?

Yes 17 10.69%

No 45 28.30%

hopefully 45 28.30%

that would suck! 23 14.47%

see results 28 17.61%

Total:158

I'm talking about ther next system.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

I doubt it.  In any case, the definition of 'normal' controls has changed, now that Microsoft and Sony have also adopted motion controls.  Even the 3DS and the iPhone have some degree of motion controls, with the NGP set to follow their lead.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

RolStoppable said:

To go back to something you have to abandon it in the first place.

/ Thread.

I would add something more substantial to my post so it didn't seem like spam, but... really, there's nothing else to say.

So...

/ thread.

That normal enough for you?

Like Rol said, for them to "go back" to normal controllers, they will have to have abandoned them, but they haven't, as evidenced in the picture.

IamAwsome said:

That normal enough for you?

Like Rol said, for them to "go back" to normal controllers, they will have to have abandoned them, but they haven't, as evidenced in the picture.

Completely agree here.  It was never abandoned.  It was just displaced with a new way to play.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

No, and they SHOULD not go back.
They have changed the way games are played like they did in the past.

Joysticks still exist but they are special controllers now not the main ones.
It will be no different with game controllers formed from the NES standard of 28 years ago.
The XBox 360 controller & The DualShock will be like the NES Advantage was when the NES controller was the main one.
You see this with Wii's Classic Controllers.

Progress, my boy. The Wiimote was a needed revolution in control & there will be more refinement on this new standard from Nintendo in the years to come.

You should not WANT to go back to a "regular controller". Those regulars will now be seen as the special ones.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

You can even use legacy controllers like the WaveBird. But it's a shame we can't use the good old regular keyboard and mouse, I'd love to see that return.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

In many of Nintendo's newest releases they've go all they way bad to the original NES controller.  maybe next system they'll go one step further and have a single button and a joystick.

You mean ditch motion controls completely and go back to 'normal' DA controllers? No. That would be like going backwards.

Motion controllers will be their primary controller next gen.

If they plan to have DA as secondary controllers, I hope they make it with a GC design.

Personally, I miss the N64 controller. I also really liked the Gamecube's controller, too.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"