By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo ever go back to using a regular controller?

Will Nintendo ever go back to using a regular controller?

Yes 17 10.69%

No 45 28.30%

hopefully 45 28.30%

that would suck! 23 14.47%

see results 28 17.61%

Total:158

No, they'll never return to normal controllers. That's like saying will we ever go back to a controller without analgue sticks...

I think it'd be a step backwards after the success it's found...

I reckon like this gen they'll have 2 controllers, a motion controller for all games, and a CCPro for most games. It's worked well this gen, and the CCPro is just perfect...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Its not like most Wii games acutally use the motion control a lot so i don't see why they shouldn't return to standard controllers. Especailly since like no games actually use motion plus, which is a fail imo.

what is "regular"

regular used to be a joystick

I actually predict that next gen, Nintendo is going to produce an upgraded version of their Wii controller that resembled more of a normal controller (6 button interface with 2 joysticks, etc).  But it will still be able to disconnect and be used like a standards Wii controller.

And I think Sony and MS are going to be the ones who focus on motion controllers.  Or in the case of MS, no major controller.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

For Ninty next gen I want to see the motion controller like it is but would prefer to see an optional classic controller like the GameCube controller.  That was my favorite controller of all of them.  The Classic Controller now is weird with the two little buttons on the inside by the wire.  I have trouble getting those.  That's why I can't use it for Black Ops.  I need to try the CCP one.  But the GameCube was best in my opinion.

Still play Turok on N64 on occasion and that controller still takes a little while to get used to playing with each time I turn on that old console.  I still use my Banana controller that came with the console and the Donkey Kong game.  Loved that game.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

I doubt it, Sony and Microsoft are following Nintendo with PS Move & Kinect.

What's a regular controller? There is just so many controllers, that its hard to say what is a "regular" control.

You mean as the standard control for the console which has no motion controls or a screen on it? No

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I think a better question would be if MS and Sony maintain the classic dual-analog controller (if and when) the next gen comes around or if they also amalagate some motion/touch controls in as well.

well Wii controls are still teh best to me!

never enjoyed playing as much as I m doing on the Wii!

Switch!!!