By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I hope (as a Gran Turismo fan) that Forza 4 is better than GT5

It's analagous of how Dallas Cowboys fans rooted against Dallas Cowboys so Wade Phillips would get fired for the betterment of Cowboys' long term future.  I thought Polyphony was a little cocky.  Despite great graphics for cars and some tracks, they didn't put enough all-around polish in the game:  cardboard-looking trees, spectors, jagged edged shadows, rain and just awful menu screen.... 

If Forza 4 wins over as the consensus leader in racing stim game, then Polyphony has no choice to not rest on their laurels for GT6.

Around the Network

I am totally with you, eventhough I love the game and I don't own a 360.

Some little flaws on GT5 are inadmisible, as the jaggy edge shadows over your wheel!! Man, they are just in front of your nose, how didn't they cope with them... The interfase is a huge mess too.

GT5 was fun as hell, while it is true that maybe the main developer (i forgot his name) allocated a little too much time and resources in trying to make all the tiniest little details accurate as far as the cars went..

Give the GT5 liscense to Naughty Dog and you may have had a different looking game...

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

jhuff394 said:

GT5 was fun as hell, while it is true that maybe the main developer (i forgot his name) allocated a little too much time and resources in trying to make all the tiniest little details accurate as far as the cars went..

Give the GT5 liscense to Naughty Dog and you may have had a different looking game...

No!!! Only Kazunori Yamauchi San can do justice to the Gran Turismo serie, his experience is what makes PD different from other studios. But the main problem is that he wants everything to be perfect, but often forget that he doesn't have 15 years to make his game, and ends up releasing a game that isn't finished because he focussed on some things and kind of forgot the rest.

About your sig I know one thing for sure, what Asmussen said is true, because only Kratos was awesome in GOW3 (I'm a huge fan of the game but I have to admit it) the other characters looked crap compared to him, and I will never forget Zeus' hair when he fought him, I don't think his hair even had 1k poly, seriously...

I think Forza 3's ratings speak for themselves.

If anything they need to appeal to a more casual audience because sales need to get better.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

I'd say its a pretty safe bet that Forza 4 will be at least slightly better then GT5 since both GT5 and Forza 3 are pretty close to each other in terms of all around quality as it is.

MonstaMack said:

If anything they need to appeal to a more casual audience because sales need to get better.

Forza already appeals to a casual audience. Real tracks are larger so you can drive easier, if you make a mistake you can go X secs back and try again, if that's not how you appeal to casual audience I don't know what it is...

Forza needs to appeal to a more core audience in fact, because most of the reviews said GT5 is THE BEST RACING SIM out there, they just didn't like the packaging, and that's the difference. So reviews speak for themselves if you read them. :)

Giving a score is becoming less and less relevant, GT5 vs Forza 3 is a good example :

- they say GT5 is the best racing sim

- yet Forza ends up having a better score

- what made GT5 getting a worse score than Forza 3 has nothing to do with the racing simulation in itself

- but aren't they racing sim and should be reviewed with that in mind? Because saying GT5 is worse because they don't like its menus and I don't like jazz music in those menus, seriously WTF? And who looks at the trees when he drives? Who looks at the shadow of the wheel? Who fucking cares if a Daihastu is only standard?

One thing that I reproach to GT5 is why the hell is a Bugatti standard when, for example, two mini cooper's are premium? I don't get it. Yet there are 199 other cars that are premium and that you can play with, and some of them are better too. And this has nothing to do with racing sim, but polishing. If GT6 is GT5 with quicker menus, and 500 cars fully modeled (I don't care for 30 nissan with few differences between them), then I'd be happy. (3d trees too if possible, it's ugly when I take a picture)...

Forza is already better than GT... haha nice joke =D Forza is not even close.

Wait a minute...

You want Forza 4, Turn 10's game, to be better because... Polyphony Digital were getting cocky?

Okay.

MonstaMack said:

lolwut?

radiantshadow92 said:
MonstaMack said:

lolwut?

He's talking about Forza, compared to GT5 it sucks, so he's right. Eventhough GT5 put aside the sales are good, not to mention that Forza and GT will never be in competition, so...