By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Free copy of Mass Effect 2 for all DA2 owners'

vlad321 said:
cura said:
vlad321 said:
cura said:
vlad321 said:

Is this their way of saying "We are sorry for fucking up DA2 so badly, please buy it anyhow?"

I think it is simply a case of saying thank-you to those who bought the game. However, haters are always going to find an ulterior motive for this.

Here's hoping that bioware will move away from serving the pc elitist crowd!

I agree, we need more dumbed down games for the least common denominator. There just isn't enough already.

I agree, it may very well be a thank you, "thank you for actually paying us for this crap we put out, we feel kinda bad so here you go."

I anticipated this kind of response from you. However, I am not so pretentious to believe that all changes are bad and don't want to get into an argument over this. I am on my third playthrough and have enjoyed the game a lot. I also enjoyed DA:O and DA:A...

Just because you enjoyed it it doesn't mean that the game was dumbed down, with a lot of copy paste, and a shitty story compared to DA:O where you traveled around the entire country. I also forget the REALLY dumbed down conversation trees and character interaction. If you like it, I'm happy for you, but it doesn't change ANY of those facts.

Your idea of "dumbed down" is another's idea of "simplified". There's also the thing that while you may have preferred DA:O's story, plenty of people might have liked the story of DA2, where you're not instantly the future hero of Ferelden, but rather in a setting where you start off as more of an average person.

Your dislikal of the story doesn't make it crap. The combat being made for people who like simpler forms of combat, rather than complex ones, doesn't make it "dumbed down". It's different - and possibly with a bit less potential depth than DA:O's system - but for the majority of the people who play DA:O, they never used all the complex ways of playing the game. I know I didn't play DA:O in a more advanced way than I'm playing DA2.

I'm sorry that DA2 wasn't designed to be a game for people who like the games that you do, but that hardly means you should go around calling the game crap repeatedly.

Some people like simpler games. I do. You should let us play the game and be happy with it, rather than repeatedly having to rain on other people's parades. We don't do that, we just accept that some games are too complex for us, and don't play them.

General rule of courtesy, when a person says "I don't want to get into an argument over this, but I like this game" and ends it there, saying "The game is crap for the following reasons. That's a fact" is quite a bastardly thing to do.

Around the Network

I'd love to get that ME2 code but I may buy it from another friend for like 3$

I was gonna ask for it but...

1. Can I use a different digital distributor?

No, this offer is only available through Electronic Arts and the EA Download Manager.

so... thanks anyways =)

(I only do steam.... and battlenet :-/)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Already have Mass Effect 2 on PC, 360 and PS3, so I might as well just wait for DA 2 to be cheap

Well isnt this fantastic.

I just got my code and I'm going to download it soon

Around the Network

i didn't really love mass effect 2, but maybe its because I was playing the console version, and was on a time constraint as I was borrowing it. I would be happy to take the code off your hands to enjoy the pc version and see if it lives up to its reviews in my eyes.

As for dragon age 2, I thought dragon age o. was a good game but all the hate this game has gotten has scared me off a purchase. Is the only real change the fact that the rpgs elements were dumbed down and combat is more of a hack and slash experience. Its weird mass effect 2 essentially had the same changes except into a tps and is being hailed as one of the best games ever. People are complaining about the story, but to be blunt origins had a terrible story as well. As long as the game is fun I wouldn't mind.

Pineapple said:
vlad321 said:

Just because you enjoyed it it doesn't mean that the game was dumbed down, with a lot of copy paste, and a shitty story compared to DA:O where you traveled around the entire country. I also forget the REALLY dumbed down conversation trees and character interaction. If you like it, I'm happy for you, but it doesn't change ANY of those facts.

Your idea of "dumbed down" is another's idea of "simplified". There's also the thing that while you may have preferred DA:O's story, plenty of people might have liked the story of DA2, where you're not instantly the future hero of Ferelden, but rather in a setting where you start off as more of an average person.

Your dislikal of the story doesn't make it crap. The combat being made for people who like simpler forms of combat, rather than complex ones, doesn't make it "dumbed down". It's different - and possibly with a bit less potential depth than DA:O's system - but for the majority of the people who play DA:O, they never used all the complex ways of playing the game. I know I didn't play DA:O in a more advanced way than I'm playing DA2.

I'm sorry that DA2 wasn't designed to be a game for people who like the games that you do, but that hardly means you should go around calling the game crap repeatedly.

Some people like simpler games. I do. You should let us play the game and be happy with it, rather than repeatedly having to rain on other people's parades. We don't do that, we just accept that some games are too complex for us, and don't play them.

General rule of courtesy, when a person says "I don't want to get into an argument over this, but I like this game" and ends it there, saying "The game is crap for the following reasons. That's a fact" is quite a bastardly thing to do.

1. To be fair, you can start off as a pretty average person in DA: O, or as a noble, or one of several other choices. You don't have those in this one.

2. You say people didn't play DAO in any more advanced way. Alright, good, but you had the choice of being more advanced in DA:O, not so in DA2.

Those 2 points right there alright give you an objectively worse game. You have less choice, and therefore it is simply worse. Objectively worse.

FInally, my problem is that people think that if they enjoyed a game, it makes it good. I despise this because, just like with any other entertainment medium, this is simply not true. It is faulty logic. We can all like bad quality entertainment and be entertained by it. I don't understand why you have a problem with having something you enjoyed being exposed as bad. I am perfectly comfortable to admit that I liked some of RA Salvatore's books eventhough they are pretty shitty books. Are you that self-coscious that whatever you do has to be good?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
Pineapple said:
vlad321 said:

1. To be fair, you can start off as a pretty average person in DA: O, or as a noble, or one of several other choices. You don't have those in this one.

2. You say people didn't play DAO in any more advanced way. Alright, good, but you had the choice of being more advanced in DA:O, not so in DA2.

Those 2 points right there alright give you an objectively worse game. You have less choice, and therefore it is simply worse. Objectively worse.

FInally, my problem is that people think that if they enjoyed a game, it makes it good. I despise this because, just like with any other entertainment medium, this is simply not true. It is faulty logic. We can all like bad quality entertainment and be entertained by it. I don't understand why you have a problem with having something you enjoyed being exposed as bad. I am perfectly comfortable to admit that I liked some of RA Salvatore's books eventhough they are pretty shitty books. Are you that self-coscious that whatever you do has to be good?

lol...The game is definitely good, just read a good amount of reviews for this game. However, the game is neither crap nor great. 7/10 is the score I'd give it, and to me that is good, and neither bad or excellent.  

Most of the hate this game receives is unwarranted and perpetuated by people who hate the game simply because they don't like the changes it made from the original, and view the game as 'bad' because of this. That to me is faulty logic.

What a bargain, because i wanted to buy ME2 in the next months!!! Thanks EA for not being an asshole all the time

cura said:
vlad321 said:
Pineapple said:
vlad321 said:

lol...The game is definitely good, just read a good amount of reviews for this game. However, the game is neither crap nor great. 7/10 is the score I'd give it, and to me that is good, and neither bad or excellent.  

Most of the hate this game receives is unwarranted and perpetuated by people who hate the game simply because they don't like the changes it made from the original, and view the game as 'bad' because of this. That to me is faulty logic.

If the changes made the game significantly worse, then it is completely justified to hate it because of the changes.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835