By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official GamrConnect 3DS Community Thread

RolStoppable said:
Soma said:
Finally got Mario Kart 7! I hope to see you guys online soon :)

Quick question, on Mario Kart Wii there is a mini turbo when you shake the remote, does the same happen here? Or was it just my imagination? I didn't find anything in the "manual".

You can perform a stunt by pressing the R button when going over a ramp. So yes, that kind of miniturbo is in MK7 too.

Cool Thanks!  Will check it tonight  :)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Smeags said:
The Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D demo has arrived. Anyone try it out yet?

You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to that demo!  I was just on the eShop a few hours ago looking for it.  Gonna DL it, now.

I heard the demo sucked in the Official Nintendo News Thread.  They said you just run down a hallway or whatever and hide while a bad guy goes past.  I'm not even going to download it but I'll probably get the game later new on Amazon for cheap.

sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:
Smeags said:
The Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D demo has arrived. Anyone try it out yet?

You have no idea how much I've been looking forward to that demo!  I was just on the eShop a few hours ago looking for it.  Gonna DL it, now.

I heard the demo sucked in the Official Nintendo News Thread.  They said you just run down a hallway or whatever and hide while a bad guy goes past.  I'm not even going to download it but I'll probably get the game later new on Amazon for cheap.

Nah, the demo was great.  It didn't let you use the radio (one of the best parts of any Metal Gear) and it didn't automatically connect to the Circle Pad Pro but, aside from that, it was very good.  Featured an abridged version of the first part of MGS3, right after Snake landed in the jungle.  The demo didn't do a good job of explaining the controls.  Of course, I'm one of those people that hates reading that single page controller layout thingy that most demos provide.

I already played through it, twice.  What I didn't like was the load time icon on the bottom screen. It made the game seem like it was loading much more slowly than the PS2 version.  I suspect the times were close to identical but I could be wrong.  It took me quite a while to figure out the old moves I used to do, too.  The game looks just like the PS2 version, low res textures, and all.  People may feel it looks worse but I played the originals on PS2 and the HD Collection on PS3 and it's the same quality.  No improvements like the video we saw ages ago.  Anyway, I liked it and I'll be buying it.

Currently playing MGS1 on the PSP.  Just met Otacon for the first time.

spurgeonryan said:
One story said it sucked but I put in quite a few that said it was a very good demo. What did you think of the 3D D21?

3D was great!  What I was particualarly impressed with was, whenever you had to do something that involved moving the console or aiming, the 3D automatically turned itself off.  That's something I hope more companies borrow.  I found myself pausing and looking at things like butterflies, leaves, and blades of grass just because the seemed to pop out of the screen.

One thing about the 3DS that I've began to notice, lately:  If I put the system on a table, the 3D is a lot more apparent.  Don't know why that is.  And, with a lot of different content, looking at the screen from a slightly lower angle (leaning the 3D screen a couple of degrees back more than I normally do) instead of head on makes the 3D clearer, too.  Maybe it's just me.

Looking forward to finding out what kind of easter eggs Kojima has hidden in this game.

d21lewis said:
spurgeonryan said:
One story said it sucked but I put in quite a few that said it was a very good demo. What did you think of the 3D D21?

3D was great!  What I was particualarly impressed with was, whenever you had to do something that involved moving the console or aiming, the 3D automatically turned itself off.  That's something I hope more companies borrow.  I found myself pausing and looking at things like butterflies, leaves, and blades of grass just because the seemed to pop out of the screen.

One thing about the 3DS that I've began to notice, lately:  If I put the system on a table, the 3D is a lot more apparent.  Don't know why that is.  And, with a lot of different content, looking at the screen from a slightly lower angle (leaning the 3D screen a couple of degrees back more than I normally do) instead of head on makes the 3D clearer, too.  Maybe it's just me.

Looking forward to finding out what kind of easter eggs Kojima has hidden in this game.

Yea the 3D effects usually stand out best for me when I am sitting up.  When I try to lay on my stomach and play I usually get bad viewing angles every once in awhile.  However, once I sit up and play like you are supposed then I have no problems. 

I suppose I shouldn't have taken just one person's word but it didn't seem that interesting.  I am not the biggest fan of demos anyways since I'd rather just play the actual game.  It is nice for people on the fence over a purchase but doesn't do too much for me since I usually know what I want to buy or not without having to  play a demo. 

Around the Network

I didn't get the demo yet, but the preview screens of MGS over in the e-shop looked stunning in 3D.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Well, I finally went through the list of people that didn't add me and sent out mass FC wall spam. I suppose if anything it earned me some easy points and I added them as friends on this site as well.  It might get scary to open Swapnote with so many friends.  I'm going to have to keep up on it and not let it go 1 - 2 weeks without checking. 

Freaking Swapnote.... I always want to extend the conversation but I would have to make another note. Oh well... I need to use it more for doodling. It would be nice if they released like a updated Pictochat or some app that you can hold conversations more easily with. Also, one that loads faster...

here: 2750 1153 5814

: )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

NintendoPie said:
This thread is still getting traffic! (With some help from Montana)It's very well made Smeags!
I will post mine If anyone wants it:
1719-3414-2856 Name: Nicholas

I like you. Could you add me to your list?

Love and tolerate.