By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The most epic piece of videogame music ever.

I think the most epic videogame music to date is the title screen from Mercinaries 1. The whole score was excellent, but the title screen music made you really want to play the game. Also, the fact that this music randomly pops into my head at times (mostly whenever I do something strong) truely speaks of it's power. A close runner up would be the theme from tetris.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:

(mostly whenever I do something strong)

WHAT NOW

The video game music that pops into my head whenever I do something strong is definitely

My shortlist would include (in no particular order):

• Wily's Stage 1-2 (Mega Man 2)
  • Eternal Struggle (Mega Man X3, and notable for how short it is while still being epic)
  • Ken's stage (Street Fighter II)
  • Zeromus (FF4)
  • Battle on the Big Bridge (FF5)
  • Dancing Mad (FF6)
  • You Are Not Alone (FF9)
  • Seymour Battle (FF10)
  • Opening Movie (Theme of FINAL FANTASY XII) (oh, come on; do I have to say where this comes from?)
  • Frog's Theme (Chrono Trigger)
  • The Final Battle (Chrono Trigger)
  • EXEC_PURGER/.#MISHA extracting (Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia)
  • Varna (Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica)
  • METHOD_METAFALICA/. (Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica)
  • METHOD_REPLEKIA/. (Ar tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica, notable for being so epic that the song itself is used as an attack: not the name of the attack, but the attack itself).

Honestly, I could put about half of the soundtrack to the Ar tonelico series on this. Seriously; the series has its flaws -many, in fact- but it also has some of the best video game music in years if not decades.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Probably this or a bunch of other songs from FF7... FF7 isn't my favorite FF or game. But it's soundtrack was probably the most epic imo. (I don't like One winged angel that songs bleh.)

This song.

Around the Network

Sorry but the most epic is this:

Civ iV is the definition of epic.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Skyrim theme > j00

Above: still the best game of the year.

Age of Empires III intro: 

The music is just awesome. It gets more tense by every second. The video also takes you to the heat of the battle.

/thread