By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has broken a Milestone 3 straight weeks

The Wii has passed 15, 16, and 17 million in 3 straight weeks, and could very well pass 18 million next week.

Obviously the Wii has not been selling 1 million a week, it just so happens that the week before the Wii passed 15 mil it was at like 14.92 or something.. I still think this is hot  : )

lets make it 4 baby, am not gonna think about 5 until I see how well it sells this week, if it is within 550k then it has a chance at making it 5 in a row. but that means some massive sales of 1.4 million WW this week, (very possible depending on how well others was supplied)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

It'll pass 18 as well very soon. NA numbers will be frickin huge this week...

It should be at 17.80M this week huge boost.

mM
leo-j said:
It should be at 17.80M this week huge boost.

Question: Are you saying that ioi was overestimating his NA Sunday numbers for last week or are you saying that Japan + EU + NA (non-sunday) < 90k?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Whatever happened to those Wii supply constraints? I thought they were being produced at 1.8 million a month with no reserves, so how is it climbing 1 million a week?

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

This week is gonna break 18,000,000 for sure.

fazz said:
This week is gonna break 18,000,000 for sure.

Eehhhrm... No.

THE NETHERLANDS

This week will break 18,000,000

and possibly sell un to 18.5 million or so, If US does 1 mil, japan does .2 and others does .3... My prediction was actually 1.65

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

@ND

Dude It wont hit 18,000,000 it will need to sell 1M.

mM
Shadow)OS said:
Whatever happened to those Wii supply constraints? I thought they were being produced at 1.8 million a month with no reserves, so how is it climbing 1 million a week?

Come now, you know retailers sit on stock

@Leo-J, ioi was saying it sold like 700K+ in NA alone last sunday, add in Others and Japan and 1 million will be passed easily,  probably around 1.2 million at least

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)