By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has broken a Milestone 3 straight weeks

C-dude-

where is this crow eating thread? lol

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
Wii software numbers for NA are going to be massive.

there also going to be massive outside of NA

tokilamockingbrd said:
C-dude-

where is this crow eating thread? lol

its in the front page

rudyrsr8 said:
StarcraftManiac said:
fazz said:
This week is gonna break 18,000,000 for sure.

Eehhhrm... No.

lol its already at 17.5M with just the Euro region.

Maybe Lucas was right?....

20 million is highly likely if not it will be really close to that.

Lucas has made this prediction since april so considering that far away he made a great preidiction

20 million? no after this week sales will slow down

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
rudyrsr8 said:
StarcraftManiac said:
fazz said:

Eehhhrm... No.

lol its already at 17.5M with just the Euro region.

Maybe Lucas was right?....

Dude, i didn't know the EU and prelim Japan data when i posted that... And btw, i was being conservative!

Nothing wrong with that i believe! Btw: I really hoped it would break the 18 mil mark although i didn't expect it then. I'm a Nintendo fanboy so don't think i was trying to bash the system.

THE NETHERLANDS

But i can say this:

It won't get to 20 million. Just for the simple fact that Nintendo saved this stock for the holidays. Those are over after this week and as such we might see some nice sales for the next week (Monday before Christmas included) and then it's over for 07 Wii supplies so it will go down after this week... I guess 19.2-19.4 is likely where the Wii will end it's first full year on the market. 

THE NETHERLANDS

shams said:
StarcraftManiac said:
fazz said:

Eehhhrm... No.

Ahh - it probably will actually.

Last week was 700k - and that was severe stock shortages. An easy extra 300k for US, and 25%-40% boosts for Europe/Japan. Possibly as high as 1.3m.

This week is the big one - sales (in the US anyway), will start to drop off after this week. About 2 more weeks of big sales (after this week), and its all over - '08 time!

(if the Wii DOES do 1.3m this week - it has a chance at 19m the following week! Wow... 5 milestones in a row?).

BTW, like your sig - these two in particular:

2) Mario and Sonic (on Wii) will have 2.7 million sold by the end of 2008

- at the rate its selling, you might want to make this 2007! Its at 1.5m now, and might even hit 2m this week!

3) Super Mario Galaxy will have sold more then SM:Sunshine before the end of 2008.

- Sunshine had sold more than I thought (6m). Galaxy won't break that this year, but will easily reach 4m - possibly 5m - within the next 3 weeks.

that was like 5 weeks ago... No-one would've thought SMG would pick up to 200k a week in Japan after 30k a week and no-one would have thought M&S would increase in sales week over week... It's called being conservative!!!

THE NETHERLANDS

No JL in this thread?.... he must be asleep dreaming of 20 million Wiis.

oh, and @j-leo: hahahahahahahahah!!!

since I'm in the John Lucas fan club i'm saying the wii hits 19.2 million and will only need 800k to reach its goal