By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has broken a Milestone 3 straight weeks

Very possible, i'd be stunned if Wii didn't hit 1mil+ this week WW

Around the Network

Wii will see 1 million plus in this upcoming week's sales data, or last week, and it will go over 18 million. NA 900k, Japan 250k, and EU 400k. It'll make it easily.

But yes passing a lot of milestones really quick. That's the holidays for ya. Not to mention got bumped over 17 million today, thx to edits to Europe/Other by ioi. Still don't know which ones he updated though haha. Think he updated sales for the week before the last sales data.

StarcraftManiac said:
fazz said:
This week is gonna break 18,000,000 for sure.

Eehhhrm... No.

Ahh - it probably will actually.

Last week was 700k - and that was severe stock shortages. An easy extra 300k for US, and 25%-40% boosts for  Europe/Japan. Possibly as high as 1.3m.

This week is the big one - sales (in the US anyway), will start to drop off after this week. About 2 more weeks of big sales (after this week), and its all over - '08 time! 

(if the Wii DOES do 1.3m this week - it has a chance at 19m the following week! Wow... 5 milestones in a row?). 

BTW, like your sig - these two in particular:

2) Mario and Sonic (on Wii) will have 2.7 million sold by the end of 2008

- at the rate its selling, you might want to make this 2007! Its at 1.5m now, and might even hit 2m this week!

3) Super Mario Galaxy will have sold more then SM:Sunshine before the end of 2008.

- Sunshine had sold more than I thought (6m). Galaxy won't break that this year, but will easily reach 4m - possibly 5m - within the next 3 weeks. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Oh boy, this is going to be fun :)

Why do I get the feeling that the Wii might break 19 million this week.

Around the Network

It sold about 450k in others this week so
450k-others + 900k america + 250k Japan = 1.6 million!

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

it looks like wii will do that for another week

Xeo_842 said:
450k-others + 900k america + 250k Japan = 1.5 million!

You do funny math.

Astrodust said:
Why do I get the feeling that the Wii might break 19 million this week.

yeah i think it can atleast make it right close to 19 i think the NA sales will be huge

Astrodust said:
Xeo_842 said:
450k-others + 900k america + 250k Japan = 1.5 million!

You do funny math.

Oops lol. Just a careless mistake. Fixed.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.