By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 3 vs Crysis 2 vs Crysis 1: Water Effects And Character Comparison

Gilgamesh said:

are the pic of crysis 2 from pc.

becasue when i played none of the faces looked that good. lol

water is amazing though (even though 99% of the puddles werent real)

Around the Network

Beneath the water is very beautiful in Crysis 2. They've done something amazing with the light rays.

Slimebeast said:

Cut-scenes mean almost nothing to me so Crisis 2 wins.

Since cut-scenes are in game engine they mean everything. Were talking graphics here Slimebeast.

The water in Crysis 1 was the only reason why I played it. I don't think Guerilla Games wanted to postpone Kz3 to work on their water physics engine. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Gilgamesh said:
Slimebeast said:

Cut-scenes mean almost nothing to me so Crisis 2 wins.

Since cut-scenes are in game engine they mean everything. Were talking graphics here Slimebeast.

If I'm not mistaken the Killzone 3 cut scenes are pre-rendered videos. Sure they may be rendered using the engine but being rendered offline allows them to turn on more bells and whistles that wouldn't be there had it been rendered in real time.

They all look great. Killzone series is great for animation work and models... Crysis series is great for real-time lighting and water, etc. etc.

there is virtually no difference between killzone cutscenes and the gameplay in visual quality (same goes for uncharted and god of war)

Around the Network

have crysis 2 for xbox 360..... have killzone 3 for ps3....... 100% promise you killzone 3 over Crysis 2 in graphics...

However Crysis 2 water effects better than Killzone 3.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

trasharmdsister12 said:
osamanobama said:

there is virtually no difference between killzone cutscenes and the gameplay in visual quality (same goes for uncharted and god of war)

Actually there's a fairly noticable difference. The key is the lighting and shadows. The sharpness of shadows between the pre-rendered cutscenes in the Killzone and Uncharted series vs the real-time rendered scenes is a pretty significant difference if you know where to look. Things like ambient occlusion are also way more pronounced in pre-rendered scenes vs real time cutscenes. I'm not knocking any of these games' graphics. They all look amazing and all excel in their own respects as I've mentioned above.

Also I'm not calling out just those two series. Just mentioning them as you mentioned them. God of War 3 is all in-engine afaik. Another high profile example where the cutscenes were pre-rendered is Halo 3. Halo Reach on the other hand was all real time.

i never said there wasnt a difference, but they are almost indestinguishable. developers dont want to make it much better than the real game, becasue that would break the experience, and set 2 standards, and would make the game seem like 2 halfs. they want to keep a uniform experience.

and for uncharted sites like ign said sometimes it appeared to look even better during gameplay than the cutscenes (i know its a hyperbole, but still, thats saying a lot.

Water: Crysis 1 > Crysis 2 > Killzone 3.

Character models: Killzone 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis 1

yo_john117 said:

Water: Crysis 1 > Crysis 2 > Killzone 3.

Character models: Killzone 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis 1

KZ3 runs better.

/thread

Guerliia were very ambitious doing rough seas, getting that roiling foaminess of surging seas must be a lot more difficult than getting those calm water ripples looking great. Certainly the motion of the rough water looks great in KZ3, but the 2 dimensionality of the foam shows where the limits are, at least for console water effects.

Because of the different character of the water shots in the OP it's not possible to judge KZ3 against C1 or C2.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix