By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 3 vs Crysis 2 vs Crysis 1: Water Effects And Character Comparison

radiantshadow92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Water: Crysis 1 > Crysis 2 > Killzone 3.

Character models: Killzone 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis 1

KZ3 runs better.

/thread

What these two guys said.

Around the Network

From what I've played, the water on Crysis 2 is better than both. On Crysis 1 it still looks spectacular but the added lighting effects in Crysis 2 just make it that bit more impressive.

Also, which console are the Crysis 2 shots from? The character models on PC looked a lot better than the shot shown. Also, I believe the character model from Killzone 3 is from a pre-rendered in-engine video whereas I think Crysis 1 & 2 do everything in real-time.

Scoobes said:

From what I've played, the water on Crysis 2 is better than both. On Crysis 1 it still looks spectacular but the added lighting effects in Crysis 2 just make it that bit more impressive.

Also, which console are the Crysis 2 shots from? The character models on PC looked a lot better than the shot shown. Also, I believe the character model from Killzone 3 is from a pre-rendered in-engine video whereas I think Crysis 1 & 2 do everything in real-time.

Never mind these pictures. I've beat all 3 games:

There is NO way the water in Crysis 2 is better than in 1. Crysis 1 water had real time reflections of the environment. Crysis 2 has fuzzy offline-created env maps. No contest.

KZ3 wins for player models for me, based only on the expressions and believabilty of the characters, but Crysis' are also extremely good.

Overall... I think KZ3 is the best. That locked 30fps is what seals it.

The water in Crysis 2 does look better, the water in Killzone is far more stylized and it does look amazing, but the interaction with it is extremely low and it's a rare sight.

The character models in Killzone are far and away better than the models in Crysis 2. Hell, I thought the character models in Black Ops were better than that stupid Gould guy and all those random soldiers that stare blankly off into the distance and have their mouth flapping out of sync with the their voice.

The real question is, what game has the cooler looking aliens. I think Crysis has uglier aliens, but way cooler effects involving those aliens (mainly the red lighting when they are shot), while the Helghast are great to look at, but they don't do much different from a normal soldier.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

radiantshadow92 said:
yo_john117 said:

Water: Crysis 1 > Crysis 2 > Killzone 3.

Character models: Killzone 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis 1

KZ3 runs better.

/thread

Lol well I guess that about sums it up then.

Around the Network

Crysis cut scenes are done in real time unlike Killzone and water also looks more dyanmic so fail comparison fails.

Doobie_wop said:

The water in Crysis 2 does look better, the water in Killzone is far more stylized and it does look amazing, but the interaction with it is extremely low and it's a rare sight.

The character models in Killzone are far and away better than the models in Crysis 2. Hell, I thought the character models in Black Ops were better than that stupid Gould guy and all those random soldiers that stare blankly off into the distance and have their mouth flapping out of sync with the their voice.

The real question is, what game has the cooler looking aliens. I think Crysis has uglier aliens, but way cooler effects involving those aliens (mainly the red lighting when they are shot), while the Helghast are great to look at, but they don't do much different from a normal soldier.

Character models in Black Ops are made up of low poly and not tryn to start flamewar but Killzone 3 character polygons are almost comparison to Gears 2 which isnt saying much since they were supposed to be pushing 3 times more polygons.

Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

Character models in Black Ops are made up of low poly and not tryn to start flamewar but Killzone 3 character polygons are almost comparison to Gears 2 which isnt saying much since they were supposed to be pushing 3 times more polygons.

Killzone 3 has some of the best character models in the business, I don't know how you've come to your conclusion. Maybe your misremembering Gears 2, because that game has aged pretty badly and I don't think you've played Killzone 3, because the textures on those guys are just ridiculous. I still stick to the point that Crysis 2 has ugly and badly animated character models, especially during story moments, that Gould guy is a like a puppet.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

Killzone 3 has some of the best character models in the business, I don't know how you've come to your conclusion. Maybe your misremembering Gears 2, because that game has aged pretty badly and I don't think you've played Killzone 3, because the textures on those guys are just ridiculous. I still stick to the point that Crysis 2 has ugly and badly animated character models, especially during story moments, that Gould guy is a like a puppet.

Im talking about the models in general not animation so what are you talking about?

Doobie_wop said:
Nsanity said:
Doobie_wop said:

While I agree that Character animations are pretty bad in Crysis 2, the character models themselves really do look pretty good.