By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ethomaz said:

Conegamer said:

Also, I can see it being like this end of year

Wii>PS3>3DS>360 (provided Wii stays within 3 mil of the PS3 this year and 3DS dies down quickly after launch)

If the PS3 being able to lead by 2 million before  November... I can see:   PS3>Wii>3DS>360.

I dunno, I think Wii could take 3 mil out of it through the holiday period...

Anyway, it looks like it'll e ahead by 1mil tops by that point, unless something drastic happens...

Wonder when the next week Wii will be on top is?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Munkeh111 said:

Why is the PS3 winning the home console warz at the moment? I really don't get where this has come from

Yeah, it's really confusing. Brand power probably.

Brand power has meant little of late. Right now, the PS3 is the only console with new and exclusive content coming out at such an abundance. That definitely plays a factor.

Exclusives, Move  and piracy.

What piracy?

Just old consoles with old firmware could be used for piracy... the new consoles came with new firmware... so piracy has nothing to do with PS3 sales now.

You can downgrade the firmware, I'm a grey market retailer and PS3 sales have increased A LOT since the custom firmware (especially the Killzone 3 bundle). I personally do not condone piracy and don't custom the firmware of any of the PS3 I got in stock but people always tell me that they plan to do it.

You can't downgrade firmware after v3.56.

Killzone 3 bundle comes with v3.50... EPIC FAIL SONY!

ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Munkeh111 said:

Why is the PS3 winning the home console warz at the moment? I really don't get where this has come from

Brand power has meant little of late. Right now, the PS3 is the only console with new and exclusive content coming out at such an abundance. That definitely plays a factor.

What piracy?

Just old consoles with old firmware could be used for piracy... the new consoles came with new firmware... so piracy has nothing to do with PS3 sales now.

You can downgrade the firmware, I'm a grey market retailer and PS3 sales have increased A LOT since the custom firmware (especially the Killzone 3 bundle). I personally do not condone piracy and don't custom the firmware of any of the PS3 I got in stock but people always tell me that they plan to do it.

There is a lot of ways to pirate software on a PS3 even with 3.60 FW nothing is shure proof.

pezus said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

Halo is a phenomenon, Reach has incredible staying power.

KZ3 improves a bit this week and may start to match KZ2 given time.  Strange performance, actually the recent improvement is all coming from the US... bundles?  Anyway it looks like it may be demonstarting some legs in the US but elsewhere it has none.

LBP2 is a massive sales disappointment.

LBP after 10 weeks - 134k for the week and total of 1.8m

LBP2 after 10 weeks - 23k for the week and total of 1.1m

Not sure where this franchse will go after this, needs a new direction... somehow.

- I wouldn't call LBP2 a massive disappointment, but a disappointment nonetheless. LBP1 had the advantage of selling faster and stronger due to holiday and freshness, but LBP2 should still be selling at least within 100k of it. In the end, I can see it getting close to LBP1's lifetime totals, but not clearing them, which is a shame (it's better in every way).

- KZ3, it's not doing that good because of bundles (you can't really buy those anymore here), it's because of the marketing and multiplayer.

- Reach is definitely strong, but recent price drops/sales helped quite a bit.

LBP2 matching LBP? No chance... its beginning to stall at 1.2m and LBP has 4.3m sales...  LBP2 will be lucky to do much more than half of that imo.

Why is KZ3 doing better then KZ2 in the US and much worse than KZ2 in EMEAA then?  It isnt just because shooter games do better in the US, this is about RELATIVE sales to KZ2. Something else is at play here.

Reach... show me a game that doesnt have cuts after over 6 months on release.... I'm sure Halo 3 had probably had them by this time too and yet Reach is outpacing it by some margin now.

Pretty much every single Call of Duty after CoD3 (on PS3/360/PC)

Yeah COD4 was still at full retail price close to when the next one was launching. Ridiculous stuff.

Rafux said:
ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
ethomaz said:
Rafux said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
Munkeh111 said:

What piracy?

There is a lot of ways to pirate software on a PS3 even with 3.60 FW nothing is shure proof.

For now it is.

Sony made a comeback in three steps:

1) v3.56 - No more homebrew or firmware downgrade.
2) v3.60 - Closed all known security holes.
3) v3.6x - No more PSN bypass (soon).

Including the hacking community believes that Sony did what they thought impossible.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Are there adjustments? Of course... always.

DS UP 2,939
PSP UP 1,943
Wii UP 127
360 DOWN 388
PS3 DOWN 505

I always look for your posts about adjustments so i don't have to look myself so thanks and keep up the good work!

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nsanity said:
CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:

Halo is a phenomenon, Reach has incredible staying power.

KZ3 improves a bit this week and may start to match KZ2 given time.  Strange performance, actually the recent improvement is all coming from the US... bundles?  Anyway it looks like it may be demonstarting some legs in the US but elsewhere it has none.

LBP2 is a massive sales disappointment.

LBP after 10 weeks - 134k for the week and total of 1.8m

LBP2 after 10 weeks - 23k for the week and total of 1.1m

Not sure where this franchse will go after this, needs a new direction... somehow.

- I wouldn't call LBP2 a massive disappointment, but a disappointment nonetheless. LBP1 had the advantage of selling faster and stronger due to holiday and freshness, but LBP2 should still be selling at least within 100k of it. In the end, I can see it getting close to LBP1's lifetime totals, but not clearing them, which is a shame (it's better in every way).

- KZ3, it's not doing that good because of bundles (you can't really buy those anymore here), it's because of the marketing and multiplayer.

- Reach is definitely strong, but recent price drops/sales helped quite a bit.

What price drops?

it's 40 bucks now in many places

Still places here in UK selling it at almost full price.

It's price dropped in the US, hence the increase in Americas sales. Didn't notice much of an EMEAA increase so that supports the theory that price drops increased its sales.

Are you hitting on me?

Looks like Wii has officially withstood the Kinect, now in order to pass the PS3 on a regular basis Nintendo is going to need to make their console available in more markets in EMEAA like Sony does, but I don't see that happening.

Nice start for 3DS, good sales for the console three, and decent sales for the outdated DS, finally horrible sales for the PSP. 

I didn't expect Kinect to fall under 80k/week WW. But it still outsells Balance Board, and with a weekly tie ratio > 1:2, it's becoming a lot more important  for 360 sales than Balance Board for Wii, particularly in America.

The only one that resists WW to 3DS this week is PSP, that thanks to Japan nicely grows. But let's not underestimate DS, it could be back on the top a few weeks after 3DS launch is completed.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!