By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect owners, are you satisfied?

Kinect owners, are you satisfied?

For the most part, yes. 93 34.44%

No, not at all 89 32.96%

Crysis 2 has the best graphics, EVA! 88 32.59%

Total:270

we are still enjoying ours.  Adventures is the best game we have, with the ease of popping in and out.  Kinect sports is fun, but the menus can be a a bit much.  I still play sports alot, but I'd like for something new to come out that I want.  Netflix integration is the thing I'm most looking forward to, so not even a game at the moment.

Game party in motion was the worst game I've ever played :-|

Around the Network

My house became a party zone. That has never happened before, and now every other week we've got people over here playing Dance Central.

For me, absolutely. I can understand why others would think otherwise, though.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I don't exactly fit what the OP was looking for but regardless.

I was huge doubter of Kinect prior to it's release.  I have questions of the over-hype with it, the typical show as little as possible, talk it up as much as possible type of stuff.   The latency issues with it, etc.   I wasn't going to buy it (Still wouldn't) because of many of these issues.  

However, I ended up getting a very lengthy and involved play session with it at a friends house. 

My thoughts, feelings on Kinect are different after playing it.  It's more fun than I gave it credit for.  The latency is ever present and depending on what you're doing, it can be masked better or worse but in games that I enjoyed, it wasn't as much of an issue.  I think that it definitely has it's niche in gaming and somewhat impressed me with the way the technology works (And once cameras improve, technology improves, etc) I think it will have something quite interesting going for it.

My major problems/questions with it still stand and have yet to be addressed though.  Kinect in my opinion still will not work well for gaming requiring quick reactions or reflexes. It will be spectacular for certain types of experiences (Dance Dance Revolution, Exercise and Fitness genre, Certain types of children games).  It will never work for FPS or a whole host of other types of games.

I know people will say there is no lag issues or they didn't notice them, but most of those cases are situations where it's being masked well.  Other situations it's very obvious and sticks out like a sore thumb.  Not surprisingly the best games for Kinect are ones that hide these issues well.

In the end, I can say that it definitely needs some new software. There just wasn't many games worth owning the thing for and after a lengthy play session with it, I wasn't encouraged to go run out and buy one.  However, I did in a party-esque setting have some amounts of fun and sweat involved.  Was I in love with it?  No.  But it does work better than you might expect (When it's working) but it still has too many limitations to ever become a primary or main form of control scheme.

It's an Eye toy.

/trollface

My friends need to get it to so I can leech the experience off them >_>

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

for those who voted the second choice please let themselves known... its not a valid response if you havent played it

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

for those who voted the second choice please let themselves known... its not a valid response if you havent played it

I'd say most of them are Sony/Nintendo trolls, with nothing better to do other than skew votes. Polls are useless on this site.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:
AussieGecko said:

I'd say most of them are Sony/Nintendo trolls, with nothing better to do other than skew votes. Polls are useless on this site.

i was thinking the same thing, fair enough if they played it and genuinely didnt like it but I doubt the percentage is that high tbh

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

NotStan said:
AussieGecko said:

yes because everyone that has kinect is satisfied and anyone who isnt doesnt have it. if thats what you assume then yes, the poll is useless.

btw i havent voted.

It's been out for almost 5 months now right? Is there any high profile Kinect game been released yet, apart from the launch lineup?

My only Kinect experience is with Fighters Uncaged at a friend's house. We played for almost 2 hours until we nearly passed out. It was fun.

d21lewis said:

Those who aren't satisfied, please give me the reasons.  I want to hear your stories.  The poll is just there for a quick overview.  It's the comments that I'm interested in.

The only thing I find lacking is some new games.  I am waiting for some more core games before I make my final judgment of it but so far its still fun.