By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect owners, are you satisfied?

Kinect owners, are you satisfied?

For the most part, yes. 93 34.44%

No, not at all 89 32.96%

Crysis 2 has the best graphics, EVA! 88 32.59%

Total:270
cory.ok said:

i tried one at the store when it was getting released and it didnt work very well. i dont know anyone thats bought one so i cant try it again with proper calibration, but i cant really see a reason to buy one right now anyways.

when im buying hardware i first think about what im buying it for and then i look at the games and well... i excersize by putting shoes on and jogging around my block. so that leaves me a selection of like... fantastic pets(soon), kinectimals, and a selection of dance games? well im not 6 years old, a teenage girl or a woman going through a midlife crysis so there are a total of zero games that i want. ill have to pass, thanks

i generally dont want to be very active when playing video games anyways so its gonna be a hardsell for me, just like ps move was

See, that's where you have a huge misconception on the move. I've been playing Killzone 3 with the move in different ways. 1 with sharpshooter (slightly active) and the other without it. In both situations I'm sitting down fairly relaxed.

Anyways  back on topic, I use my best friend's 360 but no kinect yet. I am interested in its application when it comes to something like child of eden. they should make more games like that from the ground up, it really interests me.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

You just highlighed it for me.  Thanks for stirring your own shit.  And stop stalking me.

you are going to have to explain how i am stalking you when you originally quoted me... dillusions of some people.

And explain where I hi-lighted it to you. You are clearly stirring shit against me for some damn reason. Can someone moderate him, its getting frustrating that I get moderated for one thing and LivingMetal just gets let go

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
LivingMetal said:

You just highlighed it for me.  Thanks for stirring your own shit.  And stop stalking me.

you are going to have to explain how i am stalking you when you originally quoted me... dillusions of some people.

And explain where I hi-lighted it to you. You are clearly stirring shit against me for some damn reason. Can someone moderate him, its getting frustrating that I get moderated for one thing and LivingMetal just gets let go

Yes, I was sent a moderation of you falsely accusing me of harassment when it was you in fact that made it a habit to accuse me of being a stealth troll and then you later back petaled to say I was trolling but I wasn't stealthy.  I was just giving my honest assessment but you were the one who had to be argumentative just because my comments were not pro-Xbox 360 enough for you.  Yes, this is being dealt with.

LivingMetal said:

Yes, I was sent a moderation of you falsely accusing me of harassment when it was you in fact that made it a habit to accuse me of being a stealth troll and then you later back petaled to say I was trolling but I wasn't stealthy.  I was just giving my honest assessment but you were the one who had to be argumentative just because my comments were not pro-Xbox 360 enough for you.  Yes, this is being dealt with.

I am not going to discuss this with you. In the future if you post on topic things I will reply to you, please dont take personal shots at me. 

Also read my comments to you nothing was stealth-troll about it but whatever. If you dont like what I have to say, ignore my posts or report me. I am kinda over it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

demonfox13 said:
cory.ok said:

i tried one at the store when it was getting released and it didnt work very well. i dont know anyone thats bought one so i cant try it again with proper calibration, but i cant really see a reason to buy one right now anyways.

when im buying hardware i first think about what im buying it for and then i look at the games and well... i excersize by putting shoes on and jogging around my block. so that leaves me a selection of like... fantastic pets(soon), kinectimals, and a selection of dance games? well im not 6 years old, a teenage girl or a woman going through a midlife crysis so there are a total of zero games that i want. ill have to pass, thanks

i generally dont want to be very active when playing video games anyways so its gonna be a hardsell for me, just like ps move was

See, that's where you have a huge misconception on the move. I've been playing Killzone 3 with the move in different ways. 1 with sharpshooter (slightly active) and the other without it. In both situations I'm sitting down fairly relaxed.

Anyways  back on topic, I use my best friend's 360 but no kinect yet. I am interested in its application when it comes to something like child of eden. they should make more games like that from the ground up, it really interests me.

past tense, 'was' i ended up playing with the move at a friends house and enjoying it, after playing a few times (and bringing my copy of killzone over to his house)  i ended up buying my own and its pretty much my goto controller for killzone (i also think ill never play heavy rain with a controller again also). im not into shooters much, but i doubt ill be buying any shooters in the future if they dont have move support.

im also looking forward to trying other types of games with move, heavy rain shows me that it can be good for things other than shooters also, though for the majority of my games ill still want my controller for :)

Around the Network

No, I'm not. I am starting to see that I will never be satisfied with any motion control device.

ArnoldRimmer said:

Leg tracking - that's where Kinect can still shine. But in general, I consider PS Move to be better, because it combines the key features of both Wii Remote and Kinect: PS Move is technically capable of doing almost anything the Wii Remote/Wii Motion Plus can, but it can be used in a controller-less, Kinect-like way as well, as for example Kung Fu Hustle demonstrates.

I agree with this portion specfically. 

I feel that the ideal solution is the one that Sony has created essentially taking a camera/controller approach.  Obviously, Sony would be wise next gen for example to incorporate a Kinect like camera technology their precise motion control wands to allow a wide array of experiences. 

This isn't to say Kinect itself is bad, it works a lot better than I expected but still not well enough for me to use for anything more than party-esque settings.   However, just like Move both peripherals desperately need more games to quench owners appetite.

RolStoppable said:
Antabus said:

No, I'm not. I am starting to see that I will never be satisfied with any motion control device.

Do you really own Kinect?

Yes.

I was the guy that never got the appeal of Dance Dance Revolution, Tony Hawk's Ride, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or Wii Fit.  I never tried the other peripherals (except DDR at my sis's house) and they are of comparable price.  I think that for the value, Kinect offers as much (if not more) to users as those items did to their audiences.

d21lewis said:

I was the guy that never got the appeal of Dance Dance Revolution, Tony Hawk's Ride, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, or Wii Fit.  I never tried the other peripherals (except DDR at my sis's house) and they are of comparable price.  I think that for the value, Kinect offers as much (if not more) to users as those items did to their audiences.

Never really thought about it that way, but yeah. Wii Fit was $100 and the BB has had pretty limited implementation outside of Wii Fit (after all the years it's been out, it's still the main reason to buy a Balance Board).

Considering that Kinect can be used as a general user interface and is more of a separate platform within a platform rather than a straightforward peripheral, it does have more value as an add-on. I won't say that value is $150, but if you're buying a new console, the bundle only adds $100 which is reasonable enough.