By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's Sony going to do about Crysis?

With games behind the wall like Uncharted 3,Last Guardian & FF Versus XIII i guess Sony dont give a fukk about how good looking Crysis 2 is....

Around the Network
zarx said:
HokageTenshi said:

how about Final Fantasy versus XIII...?

unless they improve graphics a lot I don't think it's really competing hell Skyrim looks better

to me nicer graphics are not the most important, how we interact in the gameplay with good graphics are more important right? Skyrim graphics are nicer but when it comes to gameplay interacting, it looks kinda normal to me...

btw, Skyrim is not PS3 exclusive might end up getting a inferior port again, but Final Fantasy versus XIII still might be PS3 exclusive even if its not, PS3 ver. will still be the better ver...

Nsanity said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Nsanity said:
Gilgamesh said:

Well people are calling Crysis the new graphics king or atleast very close to Sony's first party games, yet wait a minute...it's a multiplat game??

So whats Sony going to do about this, the PS3 has always been known as the graphics king because of the power of the PS3, yet the Cryengine has produce very impressive graphics not only on the PS3 but the X360. So could we see Sony really forcing developers now to get as much as they can out of the PS3. So far we know there's plenty of juice left into it.

Not to mention the next gen coming around the corner and NGP games looking close to PS3 graphics, could we soon see a PS3 game that will really blow everything out of the water?

Already debunked

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-02-ngp-chips-wont-rival-ps3-performance

ever owned a handheld? A psp perhaps? to look close to a console, a handheld doesn't have to have the same perfomance.

Im sure the NGP is capable of pumping out some impressive looking games but comparasion to PS3 or 360 it doesnt come close

again for a handheld the NGP has more than enough power to pull off ps360-esque graphics on a 'handheld'..it's like the psp and ps2...we will know for sure once the gameplay vids (not the cam ones) start coming in around E3

and about the 2008 thing, again yea..in 2008. I'm sure even less technically impressive games won best gfx awards years before that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yeah, and what is it going to do about Skyrim?

Multiplatforms rule this gen.

BenVTrigger said:

The thing is no matter how much people go around talking about "teh power of the PS3" it still doesn't change the fact that pretty much the 360 and PS3 are on an even playing field in terms of graphics.  There's some areas where the PS3 has better hardware and some areas where 360 has the better hardware.  At the end of the day its a trade off and 99% of games are going to look virtually the same on either console.  Not to mention up until recently the 360 hadn't had really much of any optomized exlusive engines, many of the 360 exclusives simply used Unreal.  The few optomized games like Alan Wake and Forza 3 easily stand near the top of the tier in terms of graphics.

At the end of the day no Sony isn't going to force developers to make better graphics to stand out from Crysis and exclusive 360 games because for the most part from a hardware standpoint it isn't necessarily superior.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly!

Around the Network
goforgold said:
disolitude said:
goforgold said:

I agree...I am not here to slander Sony for what they did with the PS3.

I am sure there is a PS3 out there with 2 HDMI out ports, better GPU, full 8 SPE based cell processor, more ram and a faster bluray drive. A prototype which sony made, and then realized that there is no way they can get the cost of this device under 2000 dollars. Hence why the cutting began...I bet It wasn't easy for them to do this. Cut the bluray for DVD and lose the HD format war. Cut the cell for an off the shelf chip and lose billions in R&D. They probably did the best they could.

I do think it shows a lack of strategy and leadership however as they are a hardware company. They should have had the cost to performance balance in their back pocket. Microsoft is always going to beat them when it comes to software development tools with the SDKs, DirectX, and PC architecture...so for Sony to get the hardware right is a must.

I totally agree, Which is why I hardly blame developers for multiplat short comings, because truthfully it's Sony's own damn fault. They over engineered and it cost them this gen, no as much as some make out, but better choices could have yielded greater results. But you live to learn I always say, and who knows what the future hold

I really super mega ultra agree infinity plus.  I win.

Am I the only one who thinks Skyrim doesn't look that good? It's alright but nothing too woo over.

The girl character models still look god awful, and I seen people on Kotaku calling them hot. Whatever floats their boats I guess.

leatherhat said:

Crysis 2 looks like shit, btw.

Ditto.

Wagram said:

Am I the only one who thinks Skyrim doesn't look that good? It's alright but nothing too woo over.

The girl character models still look god awful, and I seen people on Kotaku calling them hot. Whatever floats their boats I guess.

The plastic woman like you call her is beautiful!

Slimebeast said:
Wagram said:

The plastic woman like you call her is beautiful!

Vanille is beautiful, that thing however looks like a man.