Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2: Proof That Exclusives Are In A Class Of Their Own

d21lewis said:

--And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there some sources saying that Crysis 2 (again, I haven't played and have no desire to play it) is the absolute BEST looking game ever released on any console?  It's all opinion but does that count for nothing?

IGN says  by chapter and verse in there Crysis 2 Review on Xbox 360 that Crysis 2 is the absolute BEST looking game ever released on any console till now.

Around the Network

lol psxextreme

IGN also said that Mass Effect 2 is better on the PS3....must be true if IGN said it, right?

Right? No?

Mass Effect 2 PS3 definitive version confirmed then.

mantlepiecek said:

IGN also said that Mass Effect 2 is better on the PS3....must be true if IGN said it, right?

Right? No?

Mass Effect 2 PS3 definitive version confirmed then.

No argument there.  I guess IGN IS credible.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

Should be true because Mass Effect 2 came a Year after its Xbox 360 Releas on PS3 it would be sad if Bioware did not anything to improve the Game a little bit, they had time enough plus the PS3 Version have all the DLCs on the Disc.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yes you are,  you compared them by bringing up PCs in a thread about consoles, and by bringing up the stats for the latest and greatest computer parts.  So spare me your BS.

And PC gamers coming into console graphics threads bragging about what PCs can do are like spoiled little brats saying how much better they have it than everyone else and screaming for attention.  

Its funny you bring up cars in you other comparison,  because the price difference is astronomical for your comparison. Almost similar to Gaming PCs and console price differences.   But anyone with a brain would know that with even a fraction of the difference in cost of the cars being sunk into a Camaro or a Mustang would make it far faster than the Ferrari. 

lol I don't have to spare you any BS as its my opinion...infact I can't tell if you can't read and comprehend properly or are jsut having a bad day and feel like arguing. My whole point here is that consoles are equal in their capabilities and not that PC is superior.You just decided to nitpick on one of the points I used to illustrate that.

I for one will be playing and completeling crysis 2 on 360 cause thats where my freinds are playing it and this is more important to me than having it running on 3 screens in 5000x1080 resolutions.

Maybe the problem isnt in my comprehension but in the examples that you gave. And I do not believe that the consoles are basically identical in their cababilities. 

As for the actual discussion for this thread,  I do agree that exclusives will always trump multi-platform games. 

Also,  I will be playing Crysis 2 on my PC with 3 screens running it at 5760x1080, because that why I bought my PC.

Vetteman94 said:

Also,  I will be playing Crysis 2 on my PC with 3 screens running it at 5760x1080, because that why I bought my PC.

I see myself giving Pc version campaign a visual go for sure, especially after seeing this video....6:08 and on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XrVAhcOmmk&feature=player_embedded

But multiplayer matches without buddies is like sex without a partner. :)

While I agree that exclusives (still) are in a class of their own, I don't think Crysis 2 proves it.

crysis 2 took a massive downgrade for pc... what a shame.

and No crysis 2 is not the new console graphics king... lmao

Bought it for 360 last night... expected to be blown away (considering rediculous claims that it surpassed the best ps3 exclusives).... sadly I was dissapointed....

best multiplatform graphics thats for sure... but please keep your claims reasonable people..

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

It's worth noting what the Crysis 2 is doing in terms of game & level design as well. A lot of exclusives are actually quite linear and have much smaller traversable areas, pre-computed scenes, limited physics etc. than Crysis 2 does. What Crysis 2 acheives on consoles isn't and shouldn't be limited to solely its visuals. Look at everything that Crysis 2 manages to do in a single package and it's highly impressive.

Imagine what could be acheived if they were to make a smaller and linear based game like Call of Duty or Uncharted 2 on CryEngine 3.

At the end of the day CryEngine 3 is what Crytek are trying to sell.