By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2: Proof That Exclusives Are In A Class Of Their Own

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yes you are,  you compared them by bringing up PCs in a thread about consoles, and by bringing up the stats for the latest and greatest computer parts.  So spare me your BS.

And PC gamers coming into console graphics threads bragging about what PCs can do are like spoiled little brats saying how much better they have it than everyone else and screaming for attention.  

Its funny you bring up cars in you other comparison,  because the price difference is astronomical for your comparison. Almost similar to Gaming PCs and console price differences.   But anyone with a brain would know that with even a fraction of the difference in cost of the cars being sunk into a Camaro or a Mustang would make it far faster than the Ferrari. 

lol I don't have to spare you any BS as its my opinion...infact I can't tell if you can't read and comprehend properly or are jsut having a bad day and feel like arguing. My whole point here is that consoles are equal in their capabilities and not that PC is superior.You just decided to nitpick on one of the points I used to illustrate that.

I for one will be playing and completeling crysis 2 on 360 cause thats where my freinds are playing it and this is more important to me than having it running on 3 screens in 5000x1080 resolutions.

The two consoles are not equal, but comparable enough to be considered equal. Truth is each functions in a dramatically different way and each has advantages and disadvantages over/under one another (likely resulting in the PS3 being marginally more powerful overall with it's biggest advantage being number crunching).

I agree with bolded.

If one reads my posts thats the reason why I meantioned PC in the first place. Once you see what PCs can do with same multiplatform games, with DX11 and tasselation, MSAA stuff...consoles are equal tech wise.No point of arguing further...

Unless one wants to dwell over 5% better visual perfomance here and there...seems like a lot of VGcharterz want to do this which kinda boggles my mind.

Around the Network

Basically, the OP is saying that the absolute best of third party game graphics are impressive but just barely not as good as if the game had been focussed on one platform.

I disagree.

It's a matter of opinion, as far as graphics go but I personally feel that the upper echelon of gaming graphics are Killzone 3 and God of War 3.  Period.  That's it--until Uncharted 3/Gears of War 3 hit (and I don't expect them to blow the previous two away--I just expect them to be on their level).  Of course, all of the games listed are exclusive.  Then again, all of these games are either soon to be released or released in the last year.

Anyway, I won't go into a long rant.  I'll just say this:  Just because Crytek didn't come in and blow away every game ever released in the history of ever with their first console game, that doesn't mean that it can't be done.  I haven't played Crysis 2 (and probably never will) but the consensus seems to be that only one or two games currently available look better than it (debateable opinion, I know).  It can be done.  It's just that Crytek didn't do it.  The same hardware that we bought back in 2005 is pumping out the visuals we see today.  That means that these kinds of graphics were possible, even back then.  The games that are going to blow us away next year will be produced with the same 2005 /2006 technology.  It's just a matter of who gives it to us, first. 

Just because something is "A", doesn't mean that it can't be "B".  This was a bold claim based on the OP.  If anything, all that the release of Crysis proves is that the current gen's potential has not been reached.  There's still more that can be and will be sqeezed out of our 360's and PS3's.

--And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there some sources saying that Crysis 2 (again, I haven't played and have no desire to play it) is the absolute BEST looking game ever released on any console?  It's all opinion but does that count for nothing?

Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 is the best looking Console Game till now IGN, Gametrailers and so on all say the same this Game look on the 360 better then Uncharted2 or Killzone 3 did on the PS3. I do not think that multiplatform Games have any disadvantages against exklusiv Games Crysis 2  proves this, it only depends on the developer and Crytek is probably the best developer if it comes to graphic issues.

d21lewis said:

--And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there some sources saying that Crysis 2 (again, I haven't played and have no desire to play it) is the absolute BEST looking game ever released on any console?  It's all opinion but does that count for nothing?

IGN says  by chapter and verse in there Crysis 2 Review on Xbox 360 that Crysis 2 is the absolute BEST looking game ever released on any console till now.

Around the Network

lol psxextreme

IGN also said that Mass Effect 2 is better on the PS3....must be true if IGN said it, right?

Right? No?

Mass Effect 2 PS3 definitive version confirmed then.

mantlepiecek said:

IGN also said that Mass Effect 2 is better on the PS3....must be true if IGN said it, right?

Right? No?

Mass Effect 2 PS3 definitive version confirmed then.

No argument there.  I guess IGN IS credible.

Should be true because Mass Effect 2 came a Year after its Xbox 360 Releas on PS3 it would be sad if Bioware did not anything to improve the Game a little bit, they had time enough plus the PS3 Version have all the DLCs on the Disc.

disolitude said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yes you are,  you compared them by bringing up PCs in a thread about consoles, and by bringing up the stats for the latest and greatest computer parts.  So spare me your BS.

And PC gamers coming into console graphics threads bragging about what PCs can do are like spoiled little brats saying how much better they have it than everyone else and screaming for attention.  

Its funny you bring up cars in you other comparison,  because the price difference is astronomical for your comparison. Almost similar to Gaming PCs and console price differences.   But anyone with a brain would know that with even a fraction of the difference in cost of the cars being sunk into a Camaro or a Mustang would make it far faster than the Ferrari. 

lol I don't have to spare you any BS as its my opinion...infact I can't tell if you can't read and comprehend properly or are jsut having a bad day and feel like arguing. My whole point here is that consoles are equal in their capabilities and not that PC is superior.You just decided to nitpick on one of the points I used to illustrate that.

I for one will be playing and completeling crysis 2 on 360 cause thats where my freinds are playing it and this is more important to me than having it running on 3 screens in 5000x1080 resolutions.

Maybe the problem isnt in my comprehension but in the examples that you gave. And I do not believe that the consoles are basically identical in their cababilities. 

As for the actual discussion for this thread,  I do agree that exclusives will always trump multi-platform games. 

Also,  I will be playing Crysis 2 on my PC with 3 screens running it at 5760x1080, because that why I bought my PC.