By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Crysis 2 graphics 9.5 for x360 & 8.5 for ps3 !!!

Ping_ii said:
buglebum said:
Ping_ii said:

any other review besisdes IGN complaining about ps3 version??? no?

complaining? WTF

Only complaining that is going on are posts like yours :)

IGN are REVIEWERS, it's their job to review games.

complaining as in rambling about how ps3 version is teh inferior, so far i've only seen IGN....

Well they're just presenting the information in a very IGN'ish drab boring way. Nothing different to the usual. What would you expect from 20 somethings who can't write very well and somehow ended up in nice journalism jobs with no real passion for computer games for any length of time.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:

I don't like to get in these multiplat pixel counting arguments, but...

It still amazes me how IGN and all the other review sites still gave the 360 version of FF XIII the same score even though it was a whole league worse in terms of visuals than the PS3 version. And not just noticeable to pixel counters either - one version was SD while the other version was HD.

Then they can turn around and score the PS3 version lower on slight differences for other games.

im gonna say it wasnt a big difference it was hardly a small difference

buglebum said:
Flame said:

I honestly cant see whats the point  of decreasing the graphics score if it didn't decrease the overall score compared to the 360 review. Theyre both sitting at 90. Both FFXIII versions also sit at 89 from IGN even though the 360 review got a lower graphics score.

Because the overall score is not an average as they clearly state. The score is for you to decide if the game is worth buying.

Did you think it was just there to add another critic review the metacritic average?

Let's for a minute suppose that the graphics score did lower the overall score for the PS3 version...Hmmm I wonder if there would be about a million threads on vgchartz moaning about that too....."graphics don't affect gameplay blah blah blah".

Isn't that what it's for?  If its a review, why do you need a number? I'm sure that wall of text giving you a general idea of how the game works isn't there for nothing.

Bias, justified by FF XIII example. Thats all there is to say tbh.

God this thread is fricken funny as hell, now the sony fans are mad at ign(looking at 3DS review thread). Stop caring, IGN SUCKS, but seriously stop saying stuff like FFXIII or they reviewed the demo. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:

God this thread is fricken funny as hell, now the sony fans are mad at ign(looking at 3DS review thread). Stop caring, IGN SUCKS, but seriously stop saying stuff like FFXIII or they reviewed the demo. 

We Sega fans are the first haters of IGN don't try to steal that from us, neither the Sony nor the Nintendo fraction can take this pride away from us!

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
Acevil said:

We Sega fans are the first haters of IGN don't try to steal that from us, neither the Sony nor the Nintendo fraction can take this pride away from us!

Don't video game journalism love things that are dead? So I don't understand, and like I said IGN sucks, Yakuza 4 FTW!

Huh... "Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game." 9.5....what?

Gilgamesh said:

Huh... "Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game." 9.5....what?

thats what is was thinking.

a 9.5 graphical game is now the best looking. so a 10 game will be even better than the best. what

I really wish I could get a copy for the ps3 and 360 so I could figure it for myself. I might just have to rent the game for both systems to find out for myself and not base it on somebody else. Then I could compare it to Killzone 3 . If Crysis looks as good or better than KZ3 than I hope other developers attempt to up the anti of the graphics. Graphics are not the most important, but every guy likes a perfect 10 babe over an 8. The same goes with games.