By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

PS3 256 56.39%

Xbox 360 90 19.82%

Wii 104 22.91%

Total:450

i would say ps3 looking at the weekly sale's

but who know's

the kinect effect might kick in again for microsoft in the holiday's

Around the Network

Prediction

3DS>DS>Wii>PS3>360

DS and Wii...could change in favor of Wii depending on what the 3DS does to the DS in Americas and Europe.

Wii.. i don't know if they can sell more than last year though... i don't see the PS3 selling more than 16 million this year so wii should take the throne this year easily. it will still be down YoY though..

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

If the PS3 gets a price drop by E3, yeah its GG for Wii & 360.

My predictions for the year.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3938536

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Could actually be PS3 based on the past month or so of PS3 domination. 

Just because they aren't announced yet, doesn't mean the Wii doesn't have any exclusives for the year. And none of those PS3 games have effect on hardware after one week, so no. If you included Final Fantasy XIII versus I would say otherwise.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Carl2291 said:

Well I expect the Wii to continue its downward spiral. 

Down YoY by 15-20% sounds about right. It's currently down Weekly by 36%? That's a huge YoY drop. Last time it got a pricecut it was down by 10% for the total Year, but that pricecut also came along with NSMB Wii. I highly doubt that Nintendo can pull something as big and new as that this Year. The pricedrop will help, but it will remain down YoY again.

Wii - 15.5 Million

I expect the PS3 to continue its upward spiral this Year.

Up YoY by about 10% in total. I expect a $50 cut with colours or agressive bundling. GT5... LBP... Uncharted. It's hard to judge how it's currently trending due to the big SW released this time last Year, and big SW currently released this Year. It has a good stream of games releasing this Year too.

PS3 - 15.8 Million

I expect the 360 to be up YoY, having its best Year ever in the process.

Up YoY 10%. I expect a $100 cut on the 360 Elite/Kinect bundles and a $50 cut on Arcade models. It will start to come down YoY fairly soon but the Pricecut will help it be up, not by a huge amount... But still up YoY. Also has huge SW releasing this Year to keep people interested.

360 - 15 Million

Yeah. I'm brave. And yeah, I think right now, all will be that close

Wii - You forget that the price cut was around September, so  it only affected the 3 upcoming months, while in 2008 the Wii was doing awesome the whole year, so it's not conclusive to say avoid dropping beyond 10%.

PS3 - Continue it's upwards spiral? The PS3 has been down YOY since the beggining of the year (although not quite as much as the Wii), so there is no way it can "continue doing good", it can just recover what it has. I doubt a pricecut will help so much, and those bundles are just lol, only the GT5 one can be significative. Besided, almost none of the "great" software releasing this year will have a impact in HW (I can only count FFXIII vs, but I'm problably forgetting something).

Xbox 360 - Seems about right, although I don't expect a pricut. It will only end up YoY because it was so low half of last year, and without the pricut it will surely be down yoy after E3.

Above: still the best game of the year.

the last guardian for ps3

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

The Wii followed by the PS3 followed by the 360

And just because it is an exclusive game does not mean its a good system seller.

Really the only system sellers on any of the consoles this year will (and have been) KZ3, UC3, Gears 3, and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The rest on your list will struggle to move consoles unless they turn out to be the second coming of Christ.