By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

PS3 256 56.39%

Xbox 360 90 19.82%

Wii 104 22.91%

Total:450

So me and my pal were having a bet today. The topic was what will be the best selling home console for 2011!

I said PS3 because it is already creaming the Wii and 360 right now and should continue when games like RE3 or UC3 come out.

But he said Gears 3 and Forza 3 will outsell all PS3 exclusives! But we both agreed the Wii has no major games out now and it keeps declining every year. I made a list of PS3, 360 and Wii system sellers this year. You guys can tell me if I am missing any major games.

PS3:                                                                                       Xbox 360:                                                                           Wii:

LBP2                                                                                      Forza 4                                                                           Zelda Skward Sword

KZ3                                                                                         Gears 3                                                                           Dragon Quest X

Infamous 2                                                                            Halo remake?                                                                Conduit 2

Resistance 3                                                                                                                                                                

UC3

Agent

Rachet and Clank all 4 one

Motorstorm Apocalypse 

PS3 2,311,336 (-84%) 48,657,192
Wii 2,152,205 (-88%) 85,811,989
X360 2,085,338 (-85%) 52,473,979

I will update the yearly total every week ^.

Please place your predictions!

* Removed Okamiden

Around the Network

Okamiden's on the DS, buddy...

And my money's on the PS3.

The Wii. It's already on par with the HD systems, and we all know what happens every November...

Love and tolerate.

why did you leave off so many ps3 exclusives

This is going to be one hell of a year for consoles

Around the Network

The Wii.

Wii, pls never understimate wii powers... It is selling almost on par to what the HD consoles are doing now, despite the fact that it has not had any big games since DK, and it is probably going to continue like that until august-october maybe, but the nov-dec will cancel any differences... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Wii only needs a price cut and a few tidy bundles and new software for it to b;ast past some sexy milestones.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Definitely the Wii. It ain't gonna win any single region unless Nintendo pulls something big, but the holidays will be enough to carry it to the top worldwide.

Oh, and since you said "console" and not "home console", the real answer is the 3DS.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

You might want to add Kirby to the Wii list, also Xenoblade?, and House of the Dead Overkill 2?, may release this year. One other thing, there are some PS3 games missing