By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

CGI-Quality said:

One drawback to the visuals - many walls are flat up close. It's got some texture detail here and there, but not as much as I thought it would. I'm impressed thus far though (the opening REALLY got me).

does it have kinda flat shaded walls in saturated coulours akin to mirrors edge? or are they quite detailed

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Kynes said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why are some of you so touchy about this? Why does Crysis 2 have to be the best looking console game for some?

You can say the opposite. Why can't Crysis 2 be the best looking console game for some?

I don't think people have a problem with that, but it's how some are going about it.

Please don't castrate my post. In this case, it has a very different meaning as a whole.

For fucks sake people, Uncharted 2 is better looking than Killzone 3 LOL

Aldro said:

For fucks sake people, Uncharted 2 is better looking than Killzone 3 LOL

well in art it is but in tech grunt KZ3 is better, TBH though the snow levels in uncharted 2 are phenominal. i doubt crysis 2 has acheived that type of render

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Kynes said:
CGI-Quality said:

Why are some of you so touchy about this? Why does Crysis 2 have to be the best looking console game for some?

You can say the opposite. Why can't Crysis 2 be the best looking console game for some? It's only another weapon in the fanboy wars, the PS3 fans won't accept that the X360 has one, if not, the graphics behemoth, and the X360 fans "need" a game that matches or surpasses the best PS3 games. Only that.

It kills the false narrative that the PS3 is head and shoulders above the 360 in graphics, when the truth is the differences are small enough that most people don't care except for delusional fanboys.

Around the Network

Have been and will continue to update the op.

My sig contains all the reviewers who either say best conolse game, or best visuals theyve seen period. The quotes are in the OP of this thread to read through.

Who would have thought a company who has held the crown for best graphics for over 10 years, woiuld have done it again.

CGI-Quality said:
Skeeuk said:
CGI-Quality said:

One drawback to the visuals - many walls are flat up close. It's got some texture detail here and there, but not as much as I thought it would. I'm impressed thus far though (the opening REALLY got me).

does it have kinda flat shaded walls in saturated coulours akin to mirrors edge? or are they quite detailed

They are detailed from a distance, but then you get up close and they lack the crispness of walls seen in the likes of Gears of War 2 or God of War III. In fairness, Crysis 2 is significantly more open then them though.

well it makes sence due to scope of play field, have you tried multiplayer yet one complaint i got is maps are huge but minimal players hence you running around looking for people?

ive got a few games to trade into asda, might get crysis 2 its £34 on ps3 funnily enough its £33 on 360

selnor said:

My sig contains all the reviewers who either say best conolse game, or best visuals theyve seen period. The quotes are in the OP of this thread to read through.

Who would have thought a company who has held the crown for best graphics for over 10 years, woiuld have done it again.

What the hell?
DUDE GAMEREACTOR SAID UNCHARTED 2 IS BETTER. Selnor you are really ignorant. HERE IS THE REVEIWER ANSWERING TO MY .. YES MY QUESTION!: (MY NAME IS PEDDI93 ON GAMEREACTOR)
"What console game is the best looking game to date?"

http://www.gamereactor.se/brev/161809/

LOOK WHAT HE SAID, NO SENTENCE, JUST ONE WORD:
UNCHARTED MOTHA FKING 2

Sorry for caps but damn how ignorant can a person be!

Jesus christ, how many times do I have to share this source with you?

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I hate to be rude selnor, but you aren't being honest in places. But I'll just leave it at that..

Hate to be rude? What the fuck!? Oh my god. OUTRAGE

Aldro said:
selnor said:

What the hell?
DUDE GAMEREACTOR SAID UNCHARTED 2 IS BETTER. Selnor you are really ignorant. HERE IS THE REVEIWER ANSWERING TO MY .. YES MY QUESTION!: (MY NAME IS PEDDI93 ON GAMEREACTOR)
"What console game is the best looking game to date?"

http://www.gamereactor.se/brev/161809/

LOOK WHAT HE SAID, NO SENTENCE, JUST ONE WORD:
UNCHARTED MOTHA FKING 2

Sorry for caps but damn how ignorant can a person be!

Jesus christ, how many times do I have to share this source with you?

he does this all the time, with even gametrailers in his sig where there is no mention of it being best, in fact GT gave KZ3 9.7 for grafix and C2 9.5

can someone give info on multiplayer thoughts? is it like the demo where your player drops like a potatoe and what is the player count?