Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

Someone needs to bring Selnor to earth,

EVERYONE READ MY SIGNATURE, IT IS FAR MORE ACCURATE LOL

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Have been and will continue to update the op.

My sig contains all the reviewers who either say best conolse game, or best visuals theyve seen period. The quotes are in the OP of this thread to read through.

Who would have thought a company who has held the crown for best graphics for over 10 years, woiuld have done it again.

I hate to be rude selnor, but you aren't being honest in places. But I'll just leave it at that..

Ive copied the exact quotes from the review pages.

The only ones in my sig you could possibly argue with is Gametrailers and Videogamer. Although Videogamer is easily the best description Ive ever read of graphics orgasm.

You ignored GameReactor too. Of the 20-30 reviews, it's honestly only been called the best by 4 of them. Some say it's very polished, others say it's the best looking 360 game. But only 4 outright say it's above Killzone 3 or Uncharted 2 (or the best looking game on consoles).

All I'm saying is be honest. I get the enthusiasm for the game, but don't say something of a site that wasn't said, especially when I have direct quotes in several posts in here that can contradict what you're saying.

OK:

Gamereactor

"The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

IGN

"This is the best-looking console game to date"

Gametrailers

"While the game certainly looks best on PC, the console versions aren't far behind" ( This is the arguement. Unless you think any other console game looks close to top PC settings on Crysis 2 )

Joystiq

"Make no mistake, Crysis 2 answers the "Will it run?" question definitively. Though about the millionth FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful"

Strategy Informer

"Crysis 2 is bloody gorgeous, and by far one of the most polished games we've ever played"

Eurogamer

"But this world sits next to Uncharted 2's as the most detailed and well-expressed yet seen on our TVs. we reviewed from the 360 version "

Cynamite

"Crysis is a great shooter and brings the current generation to its limits. The visuals offered are some of the best you will ever see and the gameplay doesn't lack behind. You won't be disappointed"

1up

"But most importantly, Crysis 2 is just as visually impressive as its predecessor, even on PS3 and 360"

Spazio Games

"Best Graphics on Console "

360 Achievements

"Stunning. Simply stunning in every aspect. Who says console games had reached a plateau"

MS Xbox World

"Crysis may have been the benchmark game on PC but for console owners there might be a new kid on the block as Crysis 2 really is a sight to behold"

selnor said:

My sig contains all the reviewers who either say best conolse game, or best visuals theyve seen period. The quotes are in the OP of this thread to read through.

Who would have thought a company who has held the crown for best graphics for over 10 years, woiuld have done it again.

But Eurogamer said Uncharted 2 is better... why it's in your signature?

Edit- GameReactor said the same thing... Uncharted 2 RULES.

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

I hate to be rude selnor, but you aren't being honest in places. But I'll just leave it at that..

The only ones in my sig you could possibly argue with is Gametrailers and Videogamer. Although Videogamer is easily the best description Ive ever read of graphics orgasm.

You ignored GameReactor too. Of the 20-30 reviews, it's honestly only been called the best by 4 of them. Some say it's very polished, others say it's the best looking 360 game. But only 4 outright say it's above Killzone 3 or Uncharted 2 (or the best looking game on consoles).

All I'm saying is be honest. I get the enthusiasm for the game, but don't say something of a site that wasn't said, especially when I have direct quotes in several posts in here that can contradict what you're saying.

OK:

Gamereactor

"The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

IGN

Gametrailers

"While the game certainly looks best on PC, the console versions aren't far behind" ( This is the arguement. Unless you think any other console game looks close to top PC settings on Crysis 2 )

Joystiq

"Make no mistake, Crysis 2 answers the "Will it run?" question definitively. Though about the millionth FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful"

Strategy Informer

"Crysis 2 is bloody gorgeous, and by far one of the most polished games we've ever played

Gamereactors editor never said that in the Swedish review and thats a poor translation. He also claimed that Uncharted 2 was better looking, I HAVE THE SOURCES, WHY WONT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT?! Do you really think sitting in your own shell and ignoring facts is the way to get respect?

IGN based on the 360 review, Sure.

Gametrailers, no. Even gave KZ3 a higher score I believe. "Arent far behind ". I assume KZ3 and Uncharted 2 are miles behind? GTFO!

Josytiq, FPS DUDE FPS NOT CONSOLE GRAPHICS OVERALL! "FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful" FPS FPS FPS!!

Strategy Informer - One.. One of the most polished, but ill let you have it.

Eurogamer ..matching Uncharted 2 doesnt mean its better. Although Uncharted 3 is coming >:D, so ill let you have it!

EDIT: I see you added some, lets go again!
Cynamite - Okay.
1up - as its predecessor. On What? Crysis 1 on low wasn't exactly godlike kid.
Spazio - Ok
360 achievements - Bullshit. Who says console games had reached a plateu doesnt mean the game rapes everything.
MS Xbox World - .....?New kid -> Great graphically game is here! How is that the best? Really man what the fuck?

selnor said:

OK:

Gamereactor

IGN

Gametrailers

Joystiq

Strategy Informer

"Crysis 2 is bloody gorgeous, and by far one of the most polished games we've ever played

A great way to prove yourself wrong. LOL.

Around the Network
michael_stutzer said:
selnor said:

OK:

Gamereactor

IGN

Gametrailers

Joystiq

Strategy Informer

A great way to prove yourself wrong. LOL.

Aldro said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

OK:

Gamereactor

IGN

Gametrailers

Joystiq

Strategy Informer

Gamereactors editor never said that in the Swedish review and thats a poor translation. He also claimed that Uncharted 2 was better looking, I HAVE THE SOURCES, WHY WONT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT?! Do you really think sitting in your own shell and ignoring facts is the way to get respect?

Gametrailers, no. Even gave KZ3 a higher score I believe. "Arent far behind ". I assume KZ3 and Uncharted 2 are miles behind? GTFO!

Josytiq, FPS DUDE FPS NOT CONSOLE GRAPHICS OVERALL! "FPS built around a plot of an alien invasion, give or take a few, it's also the most beautiful" FPS FPS FPS!!

Eurogamer ..matching Uncharted 2 doesnt mean its better. Although Uncharted 3 is coming >:D, so ill let you have it!

Cynamite - Okay.
Spazio - Ok
360 achievements - Bullshit. Who says console games had reached a plateu doesnt mean the game rapes everything.
MS Xbox World - .....?New kid -> Great graphically game is here! How is that the best? Really man what the fuck?

Gonna quote myself here, Based on what I said, these are the following sites who really claim it to be the best console graphics to date:
IGN 360 Review
Cynamite
Spazio

..I'd give it to 3, possibly PERHAPS Eurogamer and Strategy Informer.

So thats about 5.. out of 26 reviews. Which makes it a percentage of ...19%

LOL CONSOLE KING MY ASS.

Ladies and gentlemen, out of 26 reviews, 3 claim it to be the console king.

I believe this chapter of our lives is coming to an end, so I'm about to close the book!

Now.. will Uncharted 3 take the crown from Uncharted 2/Killzone 3/*God of War 3*? LETS WAIT AND SEE!

EDIT: Lets hope Crysis 2 scores atleast 85 on Meta! :)

ethomaz said:
michael_stutzer said:

A great way to prove yourself wrong. LOL:

There is always hope. Alan wake 2, Gears of War 3-4 etc.

Aldro said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

OK:

Gamereactor

IGN

Gametrailers

Joystiq

Strategy Informer

Cynamite - Okay.
Spazio - Ok

Youve dont nothing but say 1up compared it to Crysis 1 on low. LOL.

twisting 360 achievements words. dismissing MSXbox World and obviuosly dismissing that Joystiq considered Killzone 3 the king prior. And concerning Gamereactor you should contact the UK side of the website. They F**Ked up there own translation. LOL.