By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 review thread

anyone played this game can tell me is MP play good?

Around the Network
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Oh and theres supposed to be frame-rate problems on consoles according to Digitalfoundry.

Dude give it up. Reviews are pouring in and some are saying its the best looking console game while others are saying its up there. I've played the first 45 minutes of Crysis 2, beat Killzone 3, and beat Uncharted 2 twice and so far Crysis 2 is the best looking console game I've played.

Like CGI said, there's only one mention.

I am saying the fact that crysis 2 has frame rate problems according to Digitalfoundry, and hence why they have advised to get it on the PC.

No there are at least 2 mentions of it being the best and plenty of other mentions of it being with the best. Is CGI your dad? CGI is not the end all be all of what is the best looking game out there, but if you think he is then more power to you.

OKAY, 2 mentions. Big deal. You want to count the number of reviews that flat out deny it being the graphic king?

And why the insult for CGI, really. He replied to you and I replied back since you quoted me.

And btw all the PS3 top exclusives run silky smooth with no screen tearing, except for Heavy Rain ^-^.

[And at 720p HD ;)]

God I hate work so much right now. The fact I have to work and not play this game puts me in so much pain :( lol

Nice to see a lot of 8's and 9's I hope it can maintain around 86% or so.

It's just that simple.

JSP 4/5 - "Crytek did it once again and has made Crysis 2 one of the best looking games on both consoles and the PC. The in-game visuals of Crysis 2 render so smoothly that it’s hard to tell the difference between the CG and the in-game cut scenes. From the details of trees, shadows, the tall skyscrapers of New York and explosions, players can expect to be stunned and amazed by the graphics. With the more than ten missions that Crysis 2 has to offer, expect to see environments that truly show the power of the Cry Engine 3. I find Crysis 2′s visuals to be superior to similar shooters like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Killzone 3. Gamers who own a 3DTV set and have the PlayStation 3 can view Crysis 2 in stereoscopic 3D!"

IGN.COM 9/10- "9.5 Graphics Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 has taken the crown for best graphics in a console game. It's well animated and the effects are great, but light is always the star of the show.

PSU.COM 8/10 -"The main area where Crysis 2 really does excel is the graphics. Stand the game's sprawling urban environments head-to-head next to Killzone 3’s junk-yards, jungles and space-ships, and Crytek’s shooter just about edges it in terms of overall visual impact. Stunning character models and facial animations, huge draw distances that span across the horizon and a meticulously modelled interpretation of Manhattan are all quite stunning. Away from the fighting, you're also rewarded for exploration with dozens of collectibles to find, such as dog tags, New York souvenirs and car keys. It's worth heading off the beaten track anyway, just to enjoy the scenery, but it's quite an addictive mechanic searching for these hidden objects".

And apparently CVG calls it the best looking console game to date. That makes 4 mentions.

CGI-Quality said:
selnor said:

Oh snap. All reviewers all claiming Crysis 2 the NEW GRAPHICAL KING ON CONSOLES. And ALL say 360 version better.

What now?

All reviewers are NOT saying that selnor. Have you not been reading what reviews (and specifics regarding graphics) I've posted? Only IGN called it that, while others just acknowledge it's graphical beauty. Others flat out say it's still behind Killzone 3 &/or Uncharted 2. Be fair about it man.

Um so far Ive posted over 10 in the op. If you might of noticed. The only game they are comparing Crysis 2 on 360 to is Crysis 1. That says everything. Absolutely everything.

Around the Network
damefan said:

And apparently CVG calls it the best looking console FPS game to date. That makes 4 mentions.

Fixed.

mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:
damefan said:
mantlepiecek said:

Oh and theres supposed to be frame-rate problems on consoles according to Digitalfoundry.

Dude give it up. Reviews are pouring in and some are saying its the best looking console game while others are saying its up there. I've played the first 45 minutes of Crysis 2, beat Killzone 3, and beat Uncharted 2 twice and so far Crysis 2 is the best looking console game I've played.

Like CGI said, there's only one mention.

I am saying the fact that crysis 2 has frame rate problems according to Digitalfoundry, and hence why they have advised to get it on the PC.

No there are at least 2 mentions of it being the best and plenty of other mentions of it being with the best. Is CGI your dad? CGI is not the end all be all of what is the best looking game out there, but if you think he is then more power to you.

OKAY, 2 mentions. Big deal. You want to count the number of reviews that flat out deny it being the graphic king?

And why the insult for CGI, really. He replied to you and I replied back since you quoted me.

And btw all the PS3 top exclusives run silky smooth with no screen tearing, except for Heavy Rain ^-^.

[And at 720p HD ;)]

There was no insult for CGI. I think you may want to pick up a dictionary and look up what the word means. I was mentioning that you can't make up your mind about a game, but I guess that would be hard since you haven't even played it so you have no idea what it looks like compared to UC2 and Killzone 3. And its up to 4 mentions about best looking game on console.

ethomaz said:
damefan said:

And apparently CVG calls it the best looking console FPS game to date. That makes 4 mentions.

Fixed.

Except Killzone 3 is regarded as the best looking console game and its a FPS. Therefore Crysis 2 has taken the crown.

ethomaz said:
damefan said:

Fixed.

Joystiq

Videogamer

Eurogamer.

"But it is a world whose intricacy and realism will cause you to stop and stare long after the first drop of the jaw. The sway of tree-tops; the spray of a decorative fountain; the flames erupting from a burst gas pipe: incidental details that grab your attention for their quiet, shocking realism. Who knows how Crytek managed to squeeze Cry Engine 3 onto the consoles while maintaining such extraordinary level of detail? But this world sits next to Uncharted 2's as the most detailed and well-expressed yet seen on our TVs"

That was from Eurogamer from the 360 version.

So on contrary to what CGI is saying there does appear to be quite a few places now saying the 360 version holds up against the top gfx games on PS3 i.e UC2 and KZ3.

At the end of the day those things are just opinions though. Who cares if one has better gfx then another? It seems so many of these reviews are talking about the gfx rather then the gameplay and for me that isn't a good thing.