By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2011 PS3 Exclusive Release Schedule (Predict there Sales!)

Nothing specific, too early to tell.

DC Universe Online (console exclusive): 650,000

LittleBigPlanet 2: 3.2 - 3.7 million

Killzone 3: 2.3 - 2.8 million

MLB 11: The Show: 600,000

Yakuza 4: 900,000 - 1.2 million

PlayStation Move Heroes: 750,000 (I really have no idea)

MotorStorm Apocalypse: 1.2 - 1.7 million

SOCOM 4: 1.6 to 2.1 million

inFamous 2: 2.5 - 3 million

Resistance 3: 2.0 - 2.5 million

Uncharted 3: 5 - 6 million

Twisted Metal: 1 million

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One: 1.2 - 1.7 million (as always, a slow burner)

The Last Guardian: 1.3 - 1.8 million, maybe 2 million

Sorcery: Could very well flop, <1 million

Final Fantasy XIV (console exclusive): 500,000 - 1 million

Final Fantasy Versus XIII: 5 million (but it won't remain an exclusive...)

Wow, I just realized how many exclusives there really are.

2011 Predictions

Wii: 17m (100 million total)

360: 13m (63 million total)

PS3: 15m (61 million total)

Around the Network

Many of your LT predictions seem low to me.

OT :

Released =

LittleBigPlanet 2 - 5.2 Million lifetime ( Leg, legs, legs ! )
Killzone 3 - 5.0 Million lifetime ( Better legs then Killzone 2. Heavy Bundles )
Yakuza 4 - 550,000

Still To Release =

Playstation Move Heroes - 350,000 - 500,000 ( I'm hoping I'm way off )
Socom 4 - 2.5 Million
Infamous 2 - 4.0 Million ( The UC2 of 2011 )
Resistance 3 - 2.8 Million
Uncharted 3 - 6.1 Million ( Great advertising. Better legs and much more frontloaded )
Sorcery - 5.0 Million ( Bundles and will be the first killer app for the Move )

To Be Determined =

Twisted Metal - 1.8 Million
Rachet and Clank : All 4 One - 2.1 Million
The Last Guardian - 1.8 Million

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:

OT :

Released =

Killzone 3 - 5.0 Million lifetime ( Better legs then Killzone 2. Heavy Bundles )
Yakuza 4 - 550,000

Still To Release =

Socom 4 - 2.5 Million
Uncharted 3 - 6.1 Million ( Great advertising. Better legs and much more frontloaded )

To Be Determined =

lbp2- 3 million

killzone 3- 2.5 million(not only did it not sales as well as kz2 first week, but it had lower metascore than predicted)

infamous 2- 2.3 million(first one is at 1.9 million so how do u expect it to double)

uncharted 3- 5.7 million

sorcery- im not sure but not including bundles less than 1 million

R and C all 4 1- less than a million

twisted metal- 2.5 million

the one that baffled me the most was your killzone 3 prediction. before the release of kz3 i said it wouldnt outsell kz2. it had like a 650k weeks 1. 5 million is like 7.5 times its week 1. thats the equivelent to halo reach which had a 4 million week 1 selling 30 million lifetime.  not to mention it underperformed with its reviews which tipicly means less legs, so 5 million or even 4 million is completly out of the question.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

PS3 EXCLUSIVES THAT WILL SELL 1 MILLION OR MORE

• LittleBigPlanet 2 - 3.0 million 
  • Killzone 3 - 2.5 million
  • Socom 4 - 2.0 million
  • Infamous 2 - 2.0 million
  • Uncharted 3 - 5.0 million
  • Resistance 3 - 3.0 million
  • Twisted Metal - 2.5 million
  • The Last Guardian - 2.0 million
  • R&C All 4 One - 1.5 million
  • Sorcery - 1.0 million
  • Playstation Move Heroes - 1.0 million
  • Yakuza 4 - 1 million
  • Motorstorm : Apocalypse - 1.5 million

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I feel like a lot of people are lowballing LBP2, the first game was release during the holiday which is why it has such a low drop off but LBP2 should have plenty of leg as LBP1 is still selling and still a popular budget title. I expect it to reach 4 million at least.

Anyways for your list:

LittleBigPlanet2 5 million
Killzone 3 2.5 million
Yakuza 4 800k <--- remember that this game is already about 590k due to Japan sale.

Playstation Move Heroes - 800k
MotorStorm Apocalypse - 1.3 million
Socom 4 - 2 million
Infamous 2 - 3 million
Resistance 3 - 3 million
Uncharted 3 - 5.5 million
Sorcery - 1 million
The Last Guardian - 2.5 million
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - 1.2 million
Twisted Metal - 2.2 million

Game that you missed:
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - lol
Hyperdimension Neptunia - lol
Tale of Grace F - 500k
Disgaea 4 - 400k
MLB 11: The Show - 650k (its the most consistant game I've ever seen! the same hardcore baseball fan must get this every year!)

Around the Network

hudsoniscool said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

OT :

Released =

Yakuza 4 - 550,000

Still To Release =

Socom 4 - 2.5 Million

To Be Determined =

lbp2- 3 million

killzone 3- 2.5 million(not only did it not sales as well as kz2 first week, but it had lower metascore than predicted)

infamous 2- 2.3 million(first one is at 1.9 million so how do u expect it to double)

uncharted 3- 5.7 million

the one that baffled me the most was your killzone 3 prediction. before the release of kz3 i said it wouldnt outsell kz2. it had like a 650k weeks 1. 5 million is like 7.5 times its week 1. thats the equivelent to halo reach which had a 4 million week 1 selling 30 million lifetime.  not to mention it underperformed with its reviews which tipicly means less legs, so 5 million or even 4 million is completly out of the question.

FW's aren't the only thing that determine a games lifetime sales. LittleBigPlanet had a opening of 300,000.
Now it's sitting at 4.3 Million. The reviews for Killzone 3 may hurt it's long term legs but GT5 and Reach are performing better then GT4 and Halo 3 although both had lower review scores. Lifetime sales of 4 - 5 Million  not out of reach.  Regarding your predictions :

Infamous 2 will see improvements and the review scores will reflect that. It will also get a bigger push then the original Infamous. I can see Infamous 2 reaching the 1.7 - 2.0 Million range by years end.

Rachet and Clank : All 4 One will pass 1 Million for sure. Both Rachets released this gen have done it. So why wouldn't All 4 One ? Especially with the multi - player addition ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Missing a few exclusives there http://www.gametrailers.com/users/Dragun619/gamepad/?action=viewblog&id=514597 (like 30...) anyways 

LittleBigPlanet2 - 4-5mil LT (really long legs)

Killzone 3 - 3-3.5 mil LT

Yakuza 4 - 2.5 mil LT

Move Heroes - .5 mil LT

MotorStorm Apocalypse - 3 mil LT

SOCOM 4 - 3.5 mil LT

Infamous 2 - 4 mil LT

Resistance 3 - 2 mil LT

Uncharted 3 - 7 mil LT

Twisted Metal - 4 mil LT

The Last Guardian 4 mil LT

Sorcery 3 mil LT

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One 3 mil LT

Notorius.A.i.G said:
hudsoniscool said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

OT :

Released =

Yakuza 4 - 550,000

Still To Release =

Socom 4 - 2.5 Million

To Be Determined =

lbp2- 3 million

uncharted 3- 5.7 million

FW's aren't the only thing that determine a games lifetime sales. LittleBigPlanet had a opening of 300,000.
Now it's sitting at 4.3 Million. The reviews for Killzone 3 may hurt it's long term legs but GT5 and Reach are performing better then GT4 and Halo 3 although both had lower review scores. Lifetime sales of 4 - 5 Million  not out of reach.  Regarding your predictions :

Infamous 2 will see improvements and the review scores will reflect that. It will also get a bigger push then the original Infamous. I can see Infamous 2 reaching the 1.7 - 2.0 Million range by years end.

Rachet and Clank : All 4 One will pass 1 Million for sure. Both Rachets released this gen have done it. So why wouldn't All 4 One ? Especially with the multi - player addition

the first week sales of a sequel unless its made vast improvements do reflect its sales. so lbp's first week is irrelevent since it was a new ip. lb2 is tracking behind it i believe so theres no way it has legs near as good as it.

when u campare kilzone 3 to killzone 2 in its first 3 weeks its down so i dont see even with amazing legs(it wont have them)how it could reach 5 million. GT5 is only beating GT4 because GT5 launched in the winter. soon it wont be beating it and its legs dont look that good(out of the top 40). reach underscored criticly but i dont believe the fans think its worse than 3. besides it had a bigger launch than 3 so not relevent anyway.

theres no way of knowing how good infamous 2 is going to be before it releases, no  way. so making the assumption that its going to be amazing is fanboyish.

im sorry but your predictions show how extremly biased you are.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
hudsoniscool said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

OT :

Released =

Yakuza 4 - 550,000

Still To Release =

Socom 4 - 2.5 Million

To Be Determined =

lbp2- 3 million

uncharted 3- 5.7 million

Rachet and Clank : All 4 One will pass 1 Million for sure. Both Rachets released this gen have done it. So why wouldn't All 4 One ? Especially with the multi - player addition

the first week sales of a sequel unless its made vast improvements do reflect its sales. so lbp's first week is irrelevent since it was a new ip. lb2 is tracking behind it i believe so theres no way it has legs near as good as it.

when u campare kilzone 3 to killzone 2 in its first 3 weeks its down so i dont see even with amazing legs(it wont have them)how it could reach 5 million. GT5 is only beating GT4 because GT5 launched in the winter. soon it wont be beating it and its legs dont look that good(out of the top 40). reach underscored criticly but i dont believe the fans think its worse than 3. besides it had a bigger launch than 3 so not relevent anyway.

theres no way of knowing how good infamous 2 is going to be before it releases, no  way. so making the assumption that its going to be amazing is fanboyish.

im sorry but your predictions show how extremly biased you are.

I think your forgetting the fact that everyone that enjoyed LBP is going to eventually get LBP 2 and LBP is going to take a hit from LBP 2 (especially since custome LBP levels are playable in 2)