By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will 3D sell the 3DS?

The 3D is awesome, it really really is cool :D I was impressed, and although I've had a DS before (it broke after a good few years), I'm willing to pay extra for the 3DS over a DSL because its 3D. And I'll just buy a cheap SP for my GBA games :D

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network

Just came back from best buy. Overall I am disappointed. For some reason I was not exactly able to sell the 3D and all of its glory. The game was pilotwings so maybe it was just that game. I tried really hard to see the 3D. Maybe my are not able to be tricked so easily.

A slight change could affect one and may take sometime to get used to.

When i first got the DSi XL, I felt like throwing up after playing it on the bus for about 15 mins where it's completely fine with DSL.

After 2 days, the effects' gone and I can play without feeling like I am about to empty my stomach through my mouth.

I've never tried 3D and would expect some side effects initially.

RolStoppable said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Just came back from best buy. Overall I am disappointed. For some reason I was not exactly able to sell the 3D and all of its glory. The game was pilotwings so maybe it was just that game. I tried really hard to see the 3D. Maybe my are not able to be tricked so easily.

Did you play around with the 3D slider on the right side of the top screen? Just asking.

He could have ended up acting like I did at the start, thought the 3DS was attached to the kiosk, and tried to play it with it being about 2 feet away from the face.  Which does NOT work by the way, you just see two images unless you slightly cross your eyes haha.  

I'm betting unless he has some sort of eye issues he didn't hold it properly, cause at a normal holding distance the 3D effect works on all settings, it just depends on how much depth you want.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
RolStoppable said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

Did you play around with the 3D slider on the right side of the top screen? Just asking.

He could have ended up acting like I did at the start, thought the 3DS was attached to the kiosk, and tried to play it with it being about 2 feet away from the face.  Which does NOT work by the way, you just see two images unless you slightly cross your eyes haha.  

I'm betting unless he has some sort of eye issues he didn't hold it properly, cause at a normal holding distance the 3D effect works on all settings, it just depends on how much depth you want.

yeah i realized that. my face was basically right next to the 3ds. Most of the time I was just getting two images. Sometimes I was getting one image but it didn't exactly have depth. I really don't think the 3DS will work for me. And I was hoping to play pokemon blak on it too :(

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

yeah i realized that. my face was basically right next to the 3ds. Most of the time I was just getting two images. Sometimes I was getting one image but it didn't exactly have depth. I really don't think the 3DS will work for me. And I was hoping to play pokemon blak on it too :(

Your penis face should be 10 - 14'' away from the DS.

in the begining of course.

figured I might as well bump this thread since I just got my hands on a 3DS demo at Grand Central NYC.

The 3d i found to be very dissapointing, especially if that minor effect is really what's bumping up the price to 250.  Honestly it just is not that intense of a 3d effect.  I saw all the 3ds reaction vids on utube and was flabbergasted when i found out how minor the effect was in person.

No it does not hurt your eyes... but I can see how it would if you are not in the sweet-spotted all the time.  Basically, the 3d effect is so minor that honestly it's hard to tell if you even have the sweetspot.  So if you are playing the game for a prolonged period of time not in the sweetspot then yes the blurriness will become annoying.

Yes, the 3d effect, however minor it is, is "kinda cool," a bit better than movie 3d, and waaay less annoying than the glasses version, but overall it feels "flimsy."  This 25 minutes or so I spent at the demo booth pretty much sealed the deal on me putting of the purchase, not indefinitely though.  I pass through this station all the time though so I'll be giving it several more tries

3D is a nice little way for Nintendo to differenciate themselves and to one up Sony, but it will not be enough to sell the console if the games don't get it done. It may push some units in the beginning, but much like Kinect can't sell on its 3D camera novelty alone for a prolonged time, Nintendo should not expect the 3DS to hold up on its 3D novelty alone. If they don't follow through on providing quality games, the hardware sales will fall back down to earth. People ALWAYS buy consoles for the games, not the graphics. Wii should be a lesson of that. I just hope Nintendo doesn't get too caught up in the 3D aspect while forgetting about the games.

SpartenOmega117 said:

I know what many of you are thinking- "Its called the 3DS, of course 3D will sell the 3DS."

However the 3D itself is a legitamate problem the 3DS has. I have been reading many impressions (on gaf, ign, etc.) where many people can't really enjoy the 3D without it hurting their eyes. People can keep saying "just turn the 3D", "it doesn't hurt my eyes", "you'll get used to it", etc, etc., etc. Its obvious a great percentage of the market can't enjoy what the system is meant for.

So do you guys think the 3D will sell the 3DS?

Or will Nintendo have to rely on its name and games to carry them through the generation?

Sales will show that most people "hurt" by 3D are just as equally "hurt" by hearing the word Nintendo (or Wii).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO