By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will 3D sell the 3DS?

manuel said:

In the end the games will sell the system. I didn't expect much from the 3D (because I couldn't see it well on 3DTVs), but it positively surprised me. I always have 3D turned on. Although I'm very prone to headaches, I've still gotten no headache from playing the 3DS. That's also kind of surprising.

Of course some people will have problems with 3D, no question there, but I think it's a minority.

headackes come from eyestrain, which comes from having the settings too high... obviously you eye is strong enough so you'll never get these.

3D tvs in stores have the setting pretty low... so do movie theaters. i would guess 3ds full strengh is a higher setting than what people are used to.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

3D is a nice little way for Nintendo to differenciate themselves and to one up Sony, but it will not be enough to sell the console if the games don't get it done. It may push some units in the beginning, but much like Kinect can't sell on its 3D camera novelty alone for a prolonged time, Nintendo should not expect the 3DS to hold up on its 3D novelty alone. If they don't follow through on providing quality games, the hardware sales will fall back down to earth. People ALWAYS buy consoles for the games, not the graphics. Wii should be a lesson of that. I just hope Nintendo doesn't get too caught up in the 3D aspect while forgetting about the games.

it's nintendo.... even on thier failed consoles nint games sell great, that should tell you something...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO