By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - predictions for 2008

Wii sales will not drop off much at all at any point next year and will completely dominate the first half of 08, due to incredibly strong sales of Wii Fit, SSBB and No More Heros (to a lesser extent) and strength of the Nintendo brand (the reputation that Wii and DS are far and away the most fun systems) and the appeal to nearly all demographics.

Wii Fit will start with sales of ~100,000 in USA/Canada, leading most people here to proclaim it a flop, only to sell nearly the same amount EVERY week throughout the year.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics will be one of the largest sellers next year in all territories. 

By the end of the year, the Wii will have outsold the NES worldwide and a lot of people here will feel silly for doubting John Lucas.

360 sales will stay steady throughout 08, because the biggest game of the year (GTA4) is coming out during a typically slow season and there will likely be another price cut in the US and Europe. Japanese sales=dead.

GTA4 sales for XBox 360 vs. PS3 will be at a ratio of 4:1 in favor of the Xbox 360.

KillZone 2 will be the Lair of 2008.

Metal Solid Gear 4 will between 600k and 800k by the end of the year and go down as the biggest flop in gaming since ET for the Atari 2600 back in 1983 (Due to its extremely high production costs) This will be a devastating blow to Konami and to Sony, who will see developers cancel projects and move them to other consoles.

Around the Network

damkira..

See what I mean YOU HATE THE PS3 and want it too burn to hell..

mM

Nice post.... err sry Pathetic post.

leo-j said:
damkira..

See what I mean YOU HATE THE PS3 and want it too burn to hell..

Hmmm, looking at it he prefers the Wii. I dont blame Nintendo supporters for their hate to the PS brand. Thats coming from a mainly PS3 supporter.

After 2 generations where the PS brand has dominated you can only imagine how they would feel.

But either way you can see much of his predictions failing.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

GTAIV launch will end Wii's golden age.

Around the Network
kber81 said:

Eh? how, I still see the Wii bringing alot of casuals, so it won't stop there just yet.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

SSBB is going to go off like a frog in a sock... and there is nothing GTA can do to stop it

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

kber81 said:

And begin its second Golden age, of even higher sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Hardware after 08:

Wii: 50m
x360: 25m
ps3: 21m

Other predictions:

*Wii is going to have more RPGs released in 08 than any other console

*KH 3 confirmed as Wii exclusive

*New Resident evil project for Wii, as well as Zack & Wiki 2

*MGS 4 and GTA 4 will underperform for ps3 (GTA 4 for xbox is going to win atleast 2:1 and MGS 4 will do around 2.5m, which is not bad but far away from other games of the franchise)

*Ps3 games are going to get delayed to late 08 or 09 (KZ 2, LBP => mid to late 08, GT5 => 09, FF 13 mid to late 09)

*Ps3 is still going to sell more than x360 in 08, however Wii will outsell them combined most of the year.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

rukusa said:

Eh? how, I still see the Wii bringing alot of casuals, so it won't stop there just yet.

After GTAIV difference in sale won't be such significant as it is right now. Wii will be the system which has no GTAIV. I really expect this game to be big. I expect that both X360 and PS3 will outsell wii WW for at least month since launch.