By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic's next victim

scat398 said:

Alby is right and for those saying we don't have the right to complain, that's just not true.  I'm sure dragon age 2 is a good game, but were upset because it's not the game it was supposed to be.  I've got plenty of action RPG's to play but what I don't have now is a strategy RPG, so I feel a little cheated.

And I'm also tired of this concept that console gamers need dumber down version's.  Most console gamers, like me used to be PC gamers and switched for some simplicity in hardware and a little more comfort on the couch, we didn't switch cause we wanted games to be less complex.  I was dissapointed that Dragon age origins didn't provide a top down view for the console, and for no reason other than the excuse that console gamers don't want that and it's really hard with analog sticks.  Both reasons are retarded and insulting, and hopefully bioware will get the message.

Last time I checked it wasn't up to the PC community to decide how Bioware should make their games. They are their OWN company. O.K. some people may be pissed off about the new direction the company is taking but the same thing has happened with nintendo (wii) and microsoft (360). 

The core elements of DA:O are still intact for DA2 but obviously people are too naive to give the game a proper chance. 

Around the Network

I don't get this thread. It sounds to me like a cut case of

A game (Dragon Age) was made and it was good

Then a sequal was made and it sucked balls compared to the first one.

In their infinite wisdom, the professional reviewers gave it high marks because that is what is expected for the sequal to a high budget game.

In their stupidity, the users reviewed it based on its merits as a game.

Move the hell on, if you make a bad game, be prepared for people to shit on it.

i love when people get angry over stuff getting dumbed down

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

cura said:
scat398 said:

Alby is right and for those saying we don't have the right to complain, that's just not true.  I'm sure dragon age 2 is a good game, but were upset because it's not the game it was supposed to be.  I've got plenty of action RPG's to play but what I don't have now is a strategy RPG, so I feel a little cheated.

And I'm also tired of this concept that console gamers need dumber down version's.  Most console gamers, like me used to be PC gamers and switched for some simplicity in hardware and a little more comfort on the couch, we didn't switch cause we wanted games to be less complex.  I was dissapointed that Dragon age origins didn't provide a top down view for the console, and for no reason other than the excuse that console gamers don't want that and it's really hard with analog sticks.  Both reasons are retarded and insulting, and hopefully bioware will get the message.

Last time I checked it wasn't up to the PC community to decide how Bioware should make their games. They are their OWN company. O.K. some people may be pissed off about the new direction the company is taking but the same thing has happened with nintendo (wii) and microsoft (360). 

The core elements of DA:O are still intact for DA2 but obviously people are too naive to give the game a proper chance. 

Absolutely, Bioware should make their game, and be prepared for the consequences when it does not meet the expectations of it's user base.  A product will only have demand when the consumer wants it, and right now the consumer is speaking loud and clear.

My comments about being upset that the game isn't what it was supposed to be is a comment towards taking an established franchise (really even beyond DA:O and more towards the Bauldurs gate D/D style of gameplay) and changing its mechanics so it is no longer what its userbase wanted.  I would be happy if Bioware launched a new IP that focused on action elements and moved away from the RPG format, but it was wrong for them to take an existing IP with an existing userbase.  Now that userbase doesn't have an outlet and will look elsewhere to spend it's money.

Your comments about the core elements of the DA:O being still intact either show you haven't played Dragon Age 2, DA:O, or either.

scat398 said:
cura said:
scat398 said:

Absolutely, Bioware should make their game, and be prepared for the consequences when it does not meet the expectations of it's user base.  A product will only have demand when the consumer wants it, and right now the consumer is speaking loud and clear.

My comments about being upset that the game isn't what it was supposed to be is a comment towards taking an established franchise (really even beyond DA:O and more towards the Bauldurs gate D/D style of gameplay) and changing its mechanics so it is no longer what its userbase wanted.  I would be happy if Bioware launched a new IP that focused on action elements and moved away from the RPG format, but it was wrong for them to take an existing IP with an existing userbase.  Now that userbase doesn't have an outlet and will look elsewhere to spend it's money.

Your comments about the core elements of the DA:O being still intact either show you haven't played Dragon Age 2, DA:O, or either.

Played and finished DA O and its expansion pack, and am now playing through DA2. 

The game will still sell well despite the level of hatred towards the game. I also wonder about how many people who put 1/10 or whatever for the game on metacritic actually played and finished it? 

Same story repeats itself. Didn't the same thing happen with halo 3 (among others).

Around the Network

Victim?

Its too high lol...the user score is too low though.

DA2 has done 1 good thing though, its made me realise how good DA:O actually was, I am returning DA2 tomorrow and buying the PC Version of Origins in exchange for it (I had the PS3 version previously)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Boutros said:
yo_john117 said:

Why are the PC boys so uppity with this game?

Because it is said that the game was "dumbed down" for consoles.

It is dumbed down for consoles. Bioware all but said so themselves.

It is awfully childish to start a hate campaign to ruin the average user score though.

Dang that's silly.  Clearly the title isn't that bad.  Interesting reflection of a sadder aspect of 'social media' community mentality.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Victim?

DA2 has done 1 good thing though, its made me realise how good DA:O actually was, I am returning DA2 tomorrow and buying the PC Version of Origins in exchange for it (I had the PS3 version previously)

Great decision! The PC version is awesome.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

Oh and I forgot

BIOWARE MAKE THIS GAME NAO

pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
pezus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Victim?

Great decision! The PC version is awesome.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

Oh and I forgot

BIOWARE MAKE THIS GAME NAO

Wow, that would be my new best game ever!!

Maybe they will after ME3.

I mean they have to at some point, the story arc isn't complete!