By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - new Lair pics/vido/info relese date

The point of the link was to show the press isn't all good for Nintendo; you didn't have to reply. But hey, thanks for your opinions.

Every console company has made false promises and said things to boost hype. Why you are so focused on this 4-D comment is beyond me. If you don't know what it means they why they heck do you care? It's just a comment! I'm not going to research everything Microsoft has said but I know for a fact that they made false promises in an EGM interview and this year they pointed that out in a followup. So what?

Internet buzz is not a complete indicator of how anything is going. Do you base all of your opinions on how much "buzz" there is when you search google news? I don't. Most of the sites copy and paste quotes for big announcements without a tidbit of analysis. The original headlines for the Elite were something like "A fanboy's dream comes true! The Elite is here!" then a few days later people actually had a chance to think about it and realized it's a stupid idea. I was a few days ahead, I guess. Maybe you just read headlines, I don't know.

Ahh, Wii exclusives..heh...I'm going to enjoy this. How many games on the Wii couldn't be on another system? Zelda? Oh wait, that was on the gamecube, wasn't it? Rayman Raving Rabbits? Oh, PS2...darn...Warioware was on the gamecube. The Godfather? Nope. SSX? Nope. Okay, Wii sports. Ya got me! There aren't too many games that couldn't be ported to the PS3 and 360.  I want to point out that PS3 does have motion detection and can do a lot of things the Wiimote can do.  It will also be easier to play Lair with than Wiimote would be.

There are plenty of online games for the PS3. So far I've played Resistance, Motorstorm, RR7, and MK2 with no lag.

I dunno, I have really enjoyed those games and Oblivion. What kind of "uber-killer-exclusive-game" do you need? Where are those for other consoles? So far Zelda and Gears of War if you like those kind of games. I'm going to play Zelda soon when I get my Wii. And btw, it took a year for Gears of War to come out, and Zelda is a gamecube game. So, if you don't consider Lair, Resistance, or Motorstorm to be a "uber-killer-exclusive-game" then just wait.

Around the Network

"The point of the link was to show the press isn't all good for Nintendo; you didn't have to reply. But hey, thanks for your opinions."

You are welcome.

"Every console company has made false promises and said things to boost hype. Why you are so focused on this 4-D comment is beyond me. If you don't know what it means they why they heck do you care? It's just a comment! I'm not going to research everything Microsoft has said but I know for a fact that they made false promises in an EGM interview and this year they pointed that out in a followup. So what?"

So...

a) why are you so focused on every comment Nintendo and Microsoft spew forth their frothing mouths?

b) If it's "b3yond" you, perhaps you should'nt try to delve into it too much, lest you don't mind risking your sanity...

c) "It's just a comment!" Why? Just because Sony said it? But the other companies' statements don't qualify as "comments"?

d) I know for a fact that all three companies made some ridiculous statements; however, the one that ups the decibels on the hype-o-meter is Sony...

e) So... what, then? You call everyone else's BS - why can't I call Sony's?

"Internet buzz is not a complete indicator of how anything is going. Do you base all of your opinions on how much "buzz" there is when you search google news? I don't. Most of the sites copy and paste quotes for big announcements without a tidbit of analysis."

You know this and I know this, but do you seriously believe that everyone else who isn't nearly anywhere remotely close to being a "hardcore gamer" (you know, like the ones that frequent this forum) know this? They see and hear "buzz", and I don't think you can discount this bit of truth to explain why certain consoles sell the way they sell. (No names!)

"The original headlines for the Elite were something like "A fanboy's dream comes true! The Elite is here!" then a few days later people actually had a chance to think about it and realized it's a stupid idea. I was a few days ahead, I guess. Maybe you just read headlines, I don't know."

You don't know. Have you even bothered to read any of my comments? I state that the Elite is the 360 killer - killer not as in killer app, but as in "that which will bring the death knell to Microsoft". Maybe you just read the first three words of my posts, I don't know.

"Ahh, Wii exclusives..heh...I'm going to enjoy this. How many games on the Wii couldn't be on another system? Zelda? Oh wait, that was on the gamecube, wasn't it? Rayman Raving Rabbits? Oh, PS2...darn...Warioware was on the gamecube. The Godfather? Nope. SSX? Nope. Okay, Wii sports. Ya got me! There aren't too many games that couldn't be ported to the PS3 and 360."

I am talking about the control mechanisms (and made it specifically clear, but you must've missed that), but if you want to twist things around, two can play that game. F1? Been playing countless iterations of F1 since I can remember. RFOM? Funny, isn't that just another one of 57,092 FPSs out there? Oh, oh! Motorstorm! You mean a dirt racing game with how many tracks? No! No! It's gotta be... oh, geez, that's about it...

But... wait! Howsabout Tiger Woods? Howsabout Cooking Mama?

You should know that we are talking about the gameplay and controls. Just as much as one has to admit that the amount of sheer horsepower both the 360 and PS3 have would be impossibly to recreate on the Wii (but can be done by dumbing down), you have to admit that games like Warioware Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids and (esp.) the Godfather Blackhand Edition recreate gameplay controls that you cannot do on the other two systems.

Boy, I thoroughly enjoyed that as well... was it as good for you as it was for me?

"There are plenty of online games for the PS3. So far I've played Resistance, Motorstorm, RR7, and MK2 with no lag."

I am so happy for you. I have played 13 FPSs, Rfactor (with its hordes of add-ons and mods) and a whole boatload of assorted games online with different flavors of Xboxes, PSs and PCs this last year alone... so???

"I dunno, I have really enjoyed those games and Oblivion. What kind of "uber-killer-exclusive-game" do you need?"

Um... an... exclusive? Oblivion is not exclusive... FROM? Motorstorm? F1? Read above.

Where are those for other consoles? So far Zelda and Gears of War if you like those kind of games. I'm going to play Zelda soon when I get my Wii. And btw, it took a year for Gears of War to come out, and Zelda is a gamecube game. So, if you don't consider Lair, Resistance, or Motorstorm to be a "uber-killer-exclusive-game" then just wait.

OK, a few posts back: Make up your mind! Is it patience, no patience, or a bit of patience???

I think people are getting mixed up with what 4D actually is.  It's not Dr Who, it doesn't mean timetravel as such...but movement over time...in essence, 4D means animation of 3D objects.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Of course 4D doesn't refer that, but then again, ask 1000 people what they understand by 3D and you will get a vast majority answer that equates to 3D object animation. Nobody says "Wow, check out UT3 - it's 4D is awesome!"

I'd be interested to hear what 1000 voices think about 4D and what that means (within and outside the PS3 context).

your mother said:

Of course 4D doesn't refer that, but then again, ask 1000 people what they understand by 3D and you will get a vast majority answer that equates to 3D object animation. Nobody says "Wow, check out UT3 - it's 4D is awesome!"

I'd be interested to hear what 1000 voices think about 4D and what that means (within and outside the PS3 context).

What's a 4D Ultrasound then?

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

Good question...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4D_Ultrasound

Given that we cannot even master a 4D world yet we can figure out Riemann's metric tensor... oh, the irony of mathematics!

You are suggesting that 4D is the spatial manipulation of 3D objects through time, and you are right. However, I am suggesting that most people simply do not know this, or are accustomed to (erroneously) referring to 3D as such.

It's not like 3D animation has never been used before as terminology associated with 4D. In other words, people are far more likely to say (and understand) 3D as a catch-all for 3D objects and animation combined than they are to say 4D. I've even said many years ago (when I was really into theoretical physics and such) "this is awesome 4D" only to draw blank stares.

If that's what 4D is supposed to be, then what's the big deal? We've been moving 3D objects in games for years.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

your mother said:

"The point of the link was to show the press isn't all good for Nintendo; you didn't have to reply. But hey, thanks for your opinions."

You are welcome.

"Every console company has made false promises and said things to boost hype. Why you are so focused on this 4-D comment is beyond me. If you don't know what it means they why they heck do you care? It's just a comment! I'm not going to research everything Microsoft has said but I know for a fact that they made false promises in an EGM interview and this year they pointed that out in a followup. So what?"

So...

a) why are you so focused on every comment Nintendo and Microsoft spew forth their frothing mouths?

b) If it's "b3yond" you, perhaps you should'nt try to delve into it too much, lest you don't mind risking your sanity...

c) "It's just a comment!" Why? Just because Sony said it? But the other companies' statements don't qualify as "comments"?

d) I know for a fact that all three companies made some ridiculous statements; however, the one that ups the decibels on the hype-o-meter is Sony...

e) So... what, then? You call everyone else's BS - why can't I call Sony's?

"Internet buzz is not a complete indicator of how anything is going. Do you base all of your opinions on how much "buzz" there is when you search google news? I don't. Most of the sites copy and paste quotes for big announcements without a tidbit of analysis."

You know this and I know this, but do you seriously believe that everyone else who isn't nearly anywhere remotely close to being a "hardcore gamer" (you know, like the ones that frequent this forum) know this? They see and hear "buzz", and I don't think you can discount this bit of truth to explain why certain consoles sell the way they sell. (No names!)

"The original headlines for the Elite were something like "A fanboy's dream comes true! The Elite is here!" then a few days later people actually had a chance to think about it and realized it's a stupid idea. I was a few days ahead, I guess. Maybe you just read headlines, I don't know."

You don't know. Have you even bothered to read any of my comments? I state that the Elite is the 360 killer - killer not as in killer app, but as in "that which will bring the death knell to Microsoft". Maybe you just read the first three words of my posts, I don't know.

"Ahh, Wii exclusives..heh...I'm going to enjoy this. How many games on the Wii couldn't be on another system? Zelda? Oh wait, that was on the gamecube, wasn't it? Rayman Raving Rabbits? Oh, PS2...darn...Warioware was on the gamecube. The Godfather? Nope. SSX? Nope. Okay, Wii sports. Ya got me! There aren't too many games that couldn't be ported to the PS3 and 360."

I am talking about the control mechanisms (and made it specifically clear, but you must've missed that), but if you want to twist things around, two can play that game. F1? Been playing countless iterations of F1 since I can remember. RFOM? Funny, isn't that just another one of 57,092 FPSs out there? Oh, oh! Motorstorm! You mean a dirt racing game with how many tracks? No! No! It's gotta be... oh, geez, that's about it...

But... wait! Howsabout Tiger Woods? Howsabout Cooking Mama?

You should know that we are talking about the gameplay and controls. Just as much as one has to admit that the amount of sheer horsepower both the 360 and PS3 have would be impossibly to recreate on the Wii (but can be done by dumbing down), you have to admit that games like Warioware Smooth Moves, Rayman Raving Rabbids and (esp.) the Godfather Blackhand Edition recreate gameplay controls that you cannot do on the other two systems.

Boy, I thoroughly enjoyed that as well... was it as good for you as it was for me?

"There are plenty of online games for the PS3. So far I've played Resistance, Motorstorm, RR7, and MK2 with no lag."

I am so happy for you. I have played 13 FPSs, Rfactor (with its hordes of add-ons and mods) and a whole boatload of assorted games online with different flavors of Xboxes, PSs and PCs this last year alone... so???

"I dunno, I have really enjoyed those games and Oblivion. What kind of "uber-killer-exclusive-game" do you need?"

Um... an... exclusive? Oblivion is not exclusive... FROM? Motorstorm? F1? Read above.

Where are those for other consoles? So far Zelda and Gears of War if you like those kind of games. I'm going to play Zelda soon when I get my Wii. And btw, it took a year for Gears of War to come out, and Zelda is a gamecube game. So, if you don't consider Lair, Resistance, or Motorstorm to be a "uber-killer-exclusive-game" then just wait.

OK, a few posts back: Make up your mind! Is it patience, no patience, or a bit of patience???

"Have patience for even better games while enjoying the great ones already." Do I need to say it any different way for you?

a) I am not focused on all of these comments, you are. All I have been saying is that Sony is not the only one, so why are YOU the one that is so focused ONLY on Sony's comments?

b) read a

c) read b

d) ok, they hyped more, what is the end result of that? Why does that matter now?

e) I call everyone else's BS because you have called Sony's BS over and over and over and over. Again, what does it matter now?

Ok, so we are talking about sales now? I thought we were talking about the quality of games. Of course internet hype can help or hinder a console's sales. Are you trying to argue that you're not going to get a PS3 because you think this negative press (that again, not just Sony is getting, especially recently) is going to hinder the success too much? A lot of the negative hype is wrong and the success is decent despite it.  What is the point here?

The controls are mostly a button mapped to a movement. A sword strike mapped to a waggle. If that's a lot more fun, then play it on the Wii, but the point is that most of the Wii games so far could be fun on other consoles and often are (zelda, rayman raving rabbits, wario, sports games).

"'There are plenty of online games for the PS3. So far I've played Resistance, Motorstorm, RR7, and MK2 with no lag."

I am so happy for you. I have played 13 FPSs, Rfactor (with its hordes of add-ons and mods) and a whole boatload of assorted games online with different flavors of Xboxes, PSs and PCs this last year alone... so???'

Uhh...I was responding to you saying there weren't many online games on the PS3. There certainly are, and there are on the 360 as well. You were responding to the fact that I pointed out that Nintendo is keeping third party developers from creating online features. But congrats to you for playing all those games online. I've played many online PC games, too, and I'd like to play them on the Wii someday if Nintendo lets me.

If you think Resistance is just like any other FPS, then you're wrong. There are a lot of good points to RFOM and Motorstorm. If you don't like them, that's mainly your personal taste and not a reflection of the value to these hordes of people you keep citing. I did not say Oblivion was an exlusive, but it's a great game you can play on the PS3. Again, what kind of ube-exlusive do you need that's on other systems?

And just in case you miss it again: "Have patience for even better games while enjoying the great ones already."

Oh, and I look forward to Lair. I'm sorry you don't.

BenKenobi88 said:
If that's what 4D is supposed to be, then what's the big deal? We've been moving 3D objects in games for years.

Yeah I wish I knew why it's so important that Sony said we'd have it.  If we already do, the hype was right on.  Yay!

windbane said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Yeah I wish I knew why it's so important that Sony said we'd have it. If we already do, the hype was right on. Yay!

4D?

Err, Shape,Size,Velocity and Weight?

They could have confused that with the idea of 4D as a marketing ploy. Still there are other companies who have made strange claims in the past!

*Runs...

Good to see this site is still going